0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is fixed atm.
    If you stare too long into the abyss... Chuck Norris stares back at you...

dubnasty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alot of these posts are new accounts. rofl.
    Former Glider. Graphics Designer.

agni's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is this all about the area changing thing? how can you visit these places with this exploit? :O

Flying in Hyjal.
    Gm Island.
    Above UC.
    Gilneas.
    XYZ Boat.
    Achereus (DK place)
    And much, much, MUCH more.
    Check out all my cool exploration videos at my youtube channel =)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Harzzaa

Creepwalker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    15/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creeper or h/e you spell your name, I appriciate your constructive criticism. It looks a LOT like a hack called map-swapping or w/e it's called. It virtually does the same exact thing, but it does not damage/alter the natural system in any way.
    Never said anything about a hack, reread my post and go again.

So is this all about the area changing thing? how can you visit these places with this exploit? :O

Flying in Hyjal.
    Gm Island.
    Above UC.
    Gilneas.
    XYZ Boat.
    Achereus (DK place)
    And much, much, MUCH more.
    It's a clientside exploration method
    Hyjal, behind greymane wall, above UC, dk place. You have to get lucky as to where you appear, if you appear above the dk starting place, then you fly to the greymane wall or wherever you want to go on that map id, assuming you can actually go that far without dying from the serverside fatigue.

As for getting yourself to GM Island, I still don't see how that would be possible. For one, the server still detects you in northrend so you're bound by the northrend limits, swim to far in either direction and you hit fatigue.
    Also, between GM island and Darn you have no adt files, so even if you managed not to hit fatigue, you would have to figure out a way through that.

I guess you could get really really lucky if you manage to figure out where you appear clientside with what transports, or how to control where you appear. But I don't see that being likely.

serjio's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no its not fixed

Origano's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CONFIRMED! Still working!

LiquidShizzles's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey dumbasses - this can't be fixed without a MAJOR change to the game. i.e. Changing the way that boats and zepplins work or removing them entireley and giving us portals everywhere.

People who are saying that it is random chance where you end up and you need to "get lucky" don't have a clue what they're talking about. If you do this while zoning into Borean (btw zoning in is not how to get it to work) you will arrive on the outside of the map...that being the whiteness past the edge of the world. You'll be stuck and will have to fall to your death.

If you do this from Howling Fjord you end up on Eastern Kingdoms map with a small area of the Northern part actually accesible. You get fatigue everywhere else.

Getting to GM Island? HAH! Good luck with that, using this.

The 'XYZ' Boat is just a center marker for Eastern Kingdoms (there is one in Kalimdor as well) so if you get yourself into the dead center of Northrend (serverside I mean) you will appear at this boat clientside.

I haven't got a clue why people are claiming to be able to be flying in Hyjal on a live server with this. I can tell you that there isn't a way to do that that I (emphasis on 'i') have found. To do this you would need to begin flying in EK then catch the boat to Durotar - which I am 98% sure is impossible as the server wouldn't allow you to get to that boat let alone zone you properly.

You CAN bug out the whole of Kalimdor like this but it's pretty pointless as you're either replacing the map with itself...with Eastern Kingdoms map or with Borean (which gets you stuck). And due to this you won't be able to fly in any of them so there isn't much point unless you like seeing the wrong mobs on a map.

I wanted to clear this up for everyone who is confused about what it actually is. You are making the server think you are in Northrend but CLIENTSIDE you are in Eastern Kingdoms, i.e. you can fly because the server loads the 'rules' of what is and isn't allowed on a map, from Northrend. It sends this information to you, but as you see yourself in Eastern Kingdoms you are flying.

This is possible with model edits etc... but not much point to do those edits now that this is around. Oh, and OP..if you could prove to me that you can fly in Kalimdor and would be willing to tell me how..I will correct this post. Until then, I bid you adieu.

(TL;DR - People in this thread are wrong about this)
    Last edited by LiquidShizzles; 05-24-2009 at 05:33 AM.
    Jesus smokes bud.

Origano's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shrug liquid, everything you say is true but it is awesome and easy way to funny place where mobs are dropping around And since you can do this in every boat etc it is even more better. It also confirms the theory about overlapping

serjio's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    watch Exploration Volume 1* on youtube and the person who made the video is buttknocker27 there is flying in kalimdor at the start of the video

Pelvis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to fly in Kalimdor:

1. Catch Zeppelin from Org to Borean Tundra

2. Once there, mount up and fly to where the giant ziggurat floating thingy is (near the entrance to Dragonblight and close to Wintergrasp)

3. Get slighty above the floating thingy, and DC yourself multiple times until you appear in the sea near kalimdor

I've gotten into Hyjal after 50 or so tries, rather difficult because there are many random places that dismount you. You CAN control where you end up when you DC, but I don't know how limited this control is. If you start DCing at Warsong Hold you end up outside the map and are unable to move, however if you DC yourself up near that ziggurat you are within the map because you are further away from the unmapped area. I don't think this will work if you leave the zone you were brought into on the zep/boat.

Also, I suggest not flying too high, because even though the invisible wall in the sky doesn't exist in Kalimdor, you still get dismounted and fall to your death.

P.S. Parachute cloak greatly helps when attempting this.
    Last edited by Pelvis; 05-24-2009 at 10:37 PM.

serjio's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    confirmed that method works

OotHE's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I looked on here one day, and there were no posts. Then, BLAM. SPMMAGE'! (There's a dash on that 'e'. =D). I completely forgot to mention that mentioning the ability to get to GM Island would be incorrect. I've gotten as far West as it, but not every remotely as north. Everything else is possible on that tiny list, although in Acherus, it's not really Acherus. It's Otherworld Acherus. And thank you for mentioning that, Liquid. It's pretty much imbeded into the game as far as anyone is concerned, so unless BLIZZARD plans on entirely revamping it's game, it's going to stay.

As far as practicality goes, imagine this: You want to get to somewhere, but the only thing between you and your place is a giant mountain, screaming at you to stop QQing. What you do is you hop on over to Otherworld, and because the terrain clientside (perfect term to mention btw Liquid) is completely different, it's as if it's not even there. Then you could just re-disconnect, and shazzam.

BTW, you can go to Otherworld Hyjal, but from Northrend, and ONLY Northrend. As far as finding where drops you in what, it is pretty much getting lucky, unless you know your way around like we do.

And Buttknocker asked my permission to feature Otherworld in his video, so in case anyone thinks on getting upset at him for publisizing it. I as well have an exploration video spanning 30 minutes featuring Otherworld if any else is interested.

Gimme a ring, and I'll answer. That is, unless it's on vibrate. =P

Darkfall169's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thoroughly confused as to why everybody is so deliberately like fantasy mystical about this glitch. You could just say it without the confuzzlement.

serjio's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    confuzzlement?

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast