0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Bandefaca View Post
    I've had a glitch similar to this happen to me once; I died in Hillsbrad foothills, and upon releasing my spirit, I fell below the world and landed in the middle of Stonetalon mountains. When I tried to find a spirit healer there, none were at the locations they normally were. I had to have a GM help me out.
    Just interested, was that place at the south-eastern corner or somewhere there?

agni's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not recommend to use it SW -> Borean. I went with boat, at borean i mounted up, started to dc and after couple of times i appeared at some sea like couple of miles from tirisfal glades unable to move. Took flying mount off and fell down, died, released, fell down, died, released etc etc.

This is the place where i ended when used UC -> howling

And here is where i ended up when using SW -> Borean
    (<- its far west from tirisfal, probably at the end of eastern kingdoms map)

[Insert Name Here]'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tested and working on the current PTR build
    this is pretty epic, imo
    EDIT: 6 mins after I did the glitch a server shutdown was announced.... weird. will post back with info
    Last edited by [Insert Name Here]; 05-11-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [Insert Name Here] View Post
    tested and working on the current PTR build
    this is pretty epic, imo
    EDIT: 6 mins after I did the glitch a server shutdown was announced.... weird. will post back with info
    I dont find anything epic in this. Just a bugged map texture which will not be usefull anyway and can lead u to fall down to ur deaths etc like u can see in my pic

ConspiracY90's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirmed, i fell through howling fjord with thrall, sure i did it wrong, but its definately working lol

LiquidShizzles's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirmed.
    Last edited by LiquidShizzles; 05-24-2009 at 05:34 AM.
    Jesus smokes bud.

mungazz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there more info on what the glitch actually does?
    i dont really get what you meen by 'otherworld'
    how does this 'otherworld' relate to getting to gm island, mh ect?

Greeko's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the vid, why doesn't Stormwind have any players in it or atleast guards?

Boomkin101's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wouldnt people in the area where you d/c be able to see you flying underground and through mountains (what they see), whilst ur flying around durotar (what you see)?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mungazz View Post
    is there more info on what the glitch actually does?
    i dont really get what you meen by 'otherworld'
    how does this 'otherworld' relate to getting to gm island, mh ect?
    You change instance Azeroth -> northrend. When u dc couple of times, it somewhy gets bugged and uses the OLD map textures. By old, i mean the azeroth map textures you used before the boat / zeppelin to northrend. Its just a bug, which makes u use other map textures but you still are at howling fjord or borean, wherever you went.
    If you use this, you can most probably see howling/borean mobs there.

OotHE's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone! Wow, I'm supprised on all of the good reputation that this thread is going. I figured maybe my friend Tepidus woulda' helped the promotional video get a few more views, but not make it as noticed.

Just to state right off the bat, he asked me for permission to distribute this information. I am Nachtsuchen from the server Khaz Modan, and I do play retail (although I've been GMing on Naxpgaming lately). Creeper or h/e you spell your name, I appriciate your constructive criticism. It looks a LOT like a hack called map-swapping or w/e it's called. It virtually does the same exact thing, but it does not damage/alter the natural system in any way.

The macro linked earlier is simply a macro used to make your chat colored in private servers. I came up with it when I found out it crashed the game in retail. I just plugged in a fancy-looking sentence, and blam! Insta-Disconnect Macro. <3 I'm going to post a comment following this one to clarify everything, and even enlighten the non-believers. =P

Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANYWHO...

A lot of you nailed the glitch right on the head as far as reproducing it goes. I can explain the mechanics as to why it happens (at least, from what I understand / guess):

All of the zones such as Kalimdor, Easter Kingdoms, Northrend, etc. stack all onto eachother much like pancakes, onto one flat Y plane. These are 'servers', like folders on a computer. When you zone, you kinda' hop between servers. How do you do this? By going on ANOTHER instance of course! Boats, Zepplins, and Elevators are instances within instances, allowing you to remain in the same zone while being able to move with the static object. This is why you'll see the previous zone when you go past the loading screen. Now, the server does automatic updates every couple of minutes, and your individual character every now and then. When you don't 'save' by normally logging out, the system gets confused, and tries to remember exactly where you were. This is what causes the corrupt loading of a false map. Whether you fall onto another continent or not is based on its X location, because they can be stacked on the same plate, but not neccessarily on the same flapjack. Mmm, syrup. Delicious syrup.

Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case you were wondering, I'm talking in different posts to express different moods of conversation, and I personally would lose my sanity having to state at one single giant impromptu essay. Roffle. You're wondering why you'd want to replicate this? Well, reason being is because Wallwalking's gone...wallclimbing's gone...we've been left hanging on a ledge. But why just hang there if you can pull another floor out under you? That's how we use Otherworld, as a means of transportation. A thieve's highway if you will, minus the looting and deception. Because of how it works, you're either in all actuality, floating above or below ground. Clientside, you do not have obstacles such as ravines and mountains in your way, allowing you to have one last ditch effort of getting somewhere. The only reason this has been under so many wraps is because I've been evaluating the general populace that explores. I still figure that this glitch will be abused by someone and somehow, but I trust that someone will use it for its honest field, and that is to keep the spirit of exploration alive. I have found so many things others have not, and I don't want to be the only one to have a feelnig of accomplishment.

I won't go into specifics as far as how it's replicated, although it's probably already all out on the table. If you REALLY would like to know, please contact me at either orderofthehiddeneye @ hotmail.com, on our Youtube profile, or any of our other three sites. I wish the best to you all. And to the nay-sayers, I say...if you can't beat us (especially with a verbal stick), join us. It's not as bad as you think.

Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone's remotely interested in who we are and what we do, please feel free to go to The Order of the Hidden Eye - Home! From here, you can go to all of the other pages we have pertaining to us. If you would like to join our community, please feel free to write out an application. ^.^

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast