Thanks G/R
    40/41
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to hide channeling casts (useful for warlocks' drain life nuke)

Apparently, this got fixed in matters of days since I tested it for the first time, while you channel an ability, you may cast the item and no longer see the cast in yourself, but others can still see your drain life cast, so the xploit has ended by being only a self visual bug. Unlucky . Will leave the post here anyways, for the record.

Hi folks,

So, as a warmup before talking about even weirder mechanics on channelings, I was doing some tricky things on a lvl 110 mage, and for some reason, I started using a macro of /sit, spamming it. Somehow and, don't know why, I made the macro to also use Arcane Missiles, and the result was that the channeling was still going but my mage wasn't throwing any missile at all, is not so useful but, it's still curious .

Now lets head to the main reason of the post:

As a MW monk player who loves to use toys in his macros, I've created one that uses my 10min CD yaugnol disguise item (Fire-Watcher's Oath - Item - World of Warcraft), after my BfA toy (Heartsbane Grimoire - Item - World of Warcraft), which gives me a dark color, and prevents the yaugnol toy to be red; intead, it allows me to be like a true yaugnol, ehehe, test it by yourself!

So, as MW, one day I was casting my shooting mist (which is a channeled healing spell) on a guy, and also used the BfA toy, wanting to use the yaugnol one right after. My surprise was that, while I was channeling the shooting mist, instead of stopping it at all, it casted the BfA toy (1.5s cast time) over the cast, overlaping it, and right after the cast, I wasn't casting, or channeling anything, but the shooting mist was healing still.

It was a nice find, but I wanted to go deeper before posting this .

I tested if I was still vulnerable to kicks while I was "not casting anything at all", and sadly, my friends, I gotta say that yes, I could be kicked on my shooting mist . (But the good part is that the channeling cast wasn't showing up in my character, so, it's hard for an enemy player to kick it, most of people wouldn't kick you if you aren't casting anything at all, right? :P)this got fixed

Then, I had a good session of arenas where I realied how broken are Affliction warlocks with that x3 Drain life trait (Inevitable Demise - Spell - World of Warcraft), geez, it has to be nerfed xD (yeah, because I don't play warlock, sinners... xD), but still I couldn't resist the fact of testing it out on my lvl 80 warlock.

Would I be able to hide the cast of the most damaging player spell in the game with this method?

I created a macro where i had to use it 3 times, first, for casting Drain life, second, for casting the grimore, third, to stopcast the grimore (lul, #tryhard). And well...

I better leave the results on this video.

Thanks for your attention and forgive my broken english if you please, and, forgive me for this since it has been fixed that fast.

Speedahx.

So, this post now is only showing a personal visual bug, and a toy combo to be come a yaugnol. RIP dudes.
    Last edited by Speedahx; 11-21-2018 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Fixed

How to hide channeling casts (useful for warlocks' drain life nuke)