Thanks G/R
    2/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farm herbs (potentially ore) via Ley Race world quest.

Sorry if this doesn't count as an exploit but I didn't really consider it exploration. I searched the first two pages and didn't see this, so I'm also sorry if it's a repost.

While messing around I realized I can farm herbs while on the Ley Race quest for the Kirin Tor. Due to the tremendous speed of the mount and the fact that you are immune to all mobs and combat, it's pretty... well, ridiculous. It does take a little getting used to, but if you circle around an herb a bit and right click it while close, you actually have a significant area to move around while the loot window remains open. If you have auto-loot it's no problem at all, but I've gotten at least 10-15 yards away with the loot window with no issues. For all I know you can go as far as you want. (Edit - I checked and there is a range restriction; you cannot go as far as you want, but you do have a decent window for movement.)

So, tl;dr version:

- Start Ley Race world quest
    - Ignore the checkpoints and simply look for herbs on your normal farm path or wherever you want
    - Click the herbs while running by them; it may help to circle them or intentionally slow beforehand. While on the Ley Race mount they can be interacted with while in motion.
    - ???
    - Profit

Again, due to the pretty crazy speeds and immunity to all enemies, both NPC and player, along with immunity to daze and any other inconveniences, it's a pretty awesome way to farm once you can reliably click the herbs while in motion. While I cannot confirm, I would assume that this works for mining too.

Oh! I cannot stress enough how much the Herbing glove enchant helps with this. Having the super-fast herbing cast helps TREMENDOUSLY and I don't know if I'd be pulling it off without it. It's super cheap, you should get it.

Here's hoping that they don't find out about this! If we could keep this active for a while it'd be pretty great. Again, sorry if I put this in the wrong place! Long time lurker, registered just to pop this up.

The only thing that would make this better is if somebody could figure out a way to temporarily stop the mount. If you could be on Ley Race and actually halt movement temporarily to herb instead of having to click while in motion, it'd definitely be a bit less... stressful. Regardless of this, it still works. Sometimes I'll intentionally run into a tree or something to stop movement if an herb is close to a cliff or something, as the Ley Race manasabers have a somewhat wide turning angle.
    Last edited by Extremity; 10-18-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Farm herbs (potentially ore) via Ley Race world quest.
  2. Thanks Remmey, BassGhost, volbine, Eryn, m60gunner (5 members gave Thanks to Extremity for this useful post)
    BassGhost's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear all the nodes spawn alongside the ley race and nobody goes after them, I'll have to try this next time. Great find

volbine's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as of 3 days ago when i found this out while riding around doing that world guest it was working on oceanic servers

magickmann's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The only thing that would make this better is if somebody could figure out a way to temporarily stop the mount. If you could be on Ley Race and actually halt movement temporarily to herb instead of having to click while in motion, it'd definitely be a bit less... stressful. Regardless of this, it still works. Sometimes I'll intentionally run into a tree or something to stop movement if an herb is close to a cliff or something, as the Ley Race manasabers have a somewhat wide turning angle. "

you can at least slow it down by pressing the "/" key on the numpad.

6. Thanks Extremity (1 members gave Thanks to magickmann for this useful post)
    Nighmarish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this video, maybe it helps some people.
    Layline World Quest Herb Farmin. - YouTube

Seems like you dont have to slow down to take them just take a turn near the flower and you will get it anyway. Or ye you can just press / if the speed bothers you. But you cant see any player in this phase and all the flowers are pretty much yours.

Extremity's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nighmarish View Post
    I found this video, maybe it helps some people.
    Layline World Quest Herb Farmin. - YouTube

Seems like you dont have to slow down to take them just take a turn near the flower and you will get it anyway. Or ye you can just press / if the speed bothers you. But you cant see any player in this phase and all the flowers are pretty much yours.
    I see other players all the time while on it, you're definitely not phased out from everyone.

Nidana's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't collect ores while mounted, but works like a charm with herbs. Wish the WQ in Suramar was up =\

Trevallion's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I see other players all the time while on it, you're definitely not phased out from everyone.
    While that's true, think about the opposite--have you ever seen anyone, ever, riding one of the manasabers from the quest? I'm pretty sure you're invisible to other players, which is probably a good thing. Not disagreeing with you, just pointing it out. I could be wrong, but since the mobs ignore you and other players can't seem to see you, it's an interesting state your character is in during the quest.

m60gunner's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just jumped off a fairly tall cliff and got no fall damage - further testing required

im really enjoying this one
    Last edited by m60gunner; 10-23-2016 at 05:17 PM.