Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Theory] Invasion gear scaling to level 110.

Currently, the boxes you get from invasions scale up in item level if you don't open them until the desired level. For example, you could get a box at level 10, open it up at lvl 100, and get item level 700+ gear. So since this gear appears to be like time walking gear, the theory then becomes, if you wait til level 110 to open the boxes, you may or may not get a full set of gear scaled to level 110 instead of level 100. I also recall there being a bug with time walking gear where if you threw it in void storage, it would reset the item level on it, so maybe if you chuck the off pieces you buy from the vendor into void storage, then level to 110 before taking it out, it could possibly end up giving you the level 110 gear. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there for others who have lots of time to kill and might want to get an edge at the release of Legion.

Sorry in advance if this doesn't end up working.

[Theory] Invasion gear scaling to level 110.
    Phantons's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the boxes are getting removed from everyone's inventory/banks when the expansion drops. Forgot where the blue post was, I'll see if I can find it again.

EDIT: I was able to find a post where someone had a chat with a GM that said the boxes will stay, it's just the invasions that will stop. I swear I saw one once that said they were going to disappear though. Not I'm not too sure.
    Last edited by Phantons; 08-26-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Foxibilis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Phantons View Post
    All the boxes are getting removed from everyone's inventory/banks when the expansion drops. Forgot where the blue post was, I'll see if I can find it again.

EDIT: I was able to find a post where someone had a chat with a GM that said the boxes will stay, it's just the invasions that will stop. I swear I saw one once that said they were going to disappear though. Not I'm not too sure.

Would be kind of weird for them to remove items like that. I could see that for the quest item port to SW, but not for items of this nature.

Phantons's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Foxibilis View Post
    Would be kind of weird for them to remove items like that. I could see that for the quest item port to SW, but not for items of this nature.
    Yeah, I suppose, but it would also be weird for anyone to hold onto these boxes until after the expansion drops aside from exploitative purposes. It would be a rather wise safeguard to remove them. The port to SW quest item won't be removed. The entire pre-launch chain is permanently in the game and that item is part of the chain.

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Phantons View Post
    Yeah, I suppose, but it would also be weird for anyone to hold onto these boxes until after the expansion drops aside from exploitative purposes. It would be a rather wise safeguard to remove them. The port to SW quest item won't be removed. The entire pre-launch chain is permanently in the game and that item is part of the chain.

Odds are it isn't something they really thought through. As for the SW port item, you actually get that from logging in, not from accepting the quest, so while it does get removed after completing the question, when they stop it from spawning at login they might remove the items as well.

Phantons's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Foxibilis View Post
    Odds are it isn't something they really thought through. As for the SW port item, you actually get that from logging in, not from accepting the quest, so while it does get removed after completing the question, when they stop it from spawning at login they might remove the items as well.
    At level 98+, you get the quest automatically when you login. You CAN abandon it if you want, but it automatically puts it in your log. The quest is what gives you the port item. It will never be stopped upon login. Once you hit 98, you get the quest, from here on out forever. You can skip the whole Dalaran chain, though, once you complete it once on another character.

artemarkantos's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to do it with BG Box, and when i open it after get around 30lvl, i get gray items. All gear from invasion have max(700-720) il.
    Last edited by artemarkantos; 08-26-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bg boxes work differently than these boxes. The way they have this gear is more in tune to time walking gear mechanics, which is why I suspect this as a possibility.

deathcursed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    50/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In another Thread here someone said he got onto PTR and opened the boxes, and the yonly scaled to level 100.

bovidae's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    already been tested on beta, maximum scaling for boxes is lvl 100 (720 warforged)
    pvp boxes did not scale higher than 100, nothing gets deleted though