0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by c172 View Post
    Had alot of fun with the DK on this, can someone give me a guide on leather / cloth for a monk? My DK has leveled now and hope my 80 monk can take her place
    All you have to do is go to Wowhead and sort by Bonus Armor under Items and put greater than 1. On the right, hold cntrl and just tick Leather and Cloth as well as the jewelry you want it to show. Presto you see everything in game that has bonus armor.

As a general rule of thumb, the lower level the item the more the BA is going to scale (some items have been nerfed but there's still a lot that are OP)

Insane attack power for tanks
    UnholyMisery's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by powerflex View Post
    As a DK, the only time I've lost was against a Healer and a Frost Mage and that was only because they could CC / kite me so well, I couldn't get a death strike off. That was me solo against a resto shammy and a frost mage (both excellent players, very on top of CC and CD's to survive).

While the BA may scale better with brewmaster, I assure you they have far less of a selection of choice gear for this. As a plate class, I can wear any other class armor. I have my AP sitting around 12k now and there's still another piece I'm trying to get that could optimize even further.
    Like I said it depends at what bracket you are at. In 90-99 I never lost a single arena even against BA DK's because brewmaster's absorb and healing is able to sustain DKs higher damage output. DK healing is nowhere near as much as having expel harm get you to half hp whilst you have 2 200k bubbles each with 30 second recharge timers.

I'll go on my monk and get an anonymous armory link to show full set of gear.

Link to best available BA set for Leather wearers: http://epicwowarmory.com/wow-armory-14244425.html
    Last edited by UnholyMisery; 02-09-2015 at 01:11 AM.

powerflex's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by UnholyMisery View Post
    Like I said it depends at what bracket you are at. In 90-99 I never lost a single arena even against BA DK's because brewmaster's absorb and healing is able to sustain DKs higher damage output. DK healing is nowhere near as much as having expel harm get you to half hp whilst you have 2 200k bubbles each with 30 second recharge timers.

Link to best available BA set for Leather wearers: 100 Human Monk Windwalker - Epic WoW Armory
    I was referring to the 90-99 bracket. If a monk can beat me, then I've just never come across one that has any skills I suppose and I've fought a lot of BA BM's.

I'd love to fight you just to see what happens. I haven't done a BA monk yet, just know they never typically seem to be able to hang. Could have just been up against bad players though.

Almost want to go make a monk now to see.

How did you do in other brackets with him?

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was referring to the 90-99 bracket. If a monk can beat me, then I've just never come across one that has any skills I suppose and I've fought a lot of BA BM's.

I'd love to fight you just to see what happens. I haven't done a BA monk yet, just know they never typically seem to be able to hang. Could have just been up against bad players though.

Almost want to go make a monk now to see.

How did you do in other brackets with him?
    Brewmaster's work well in every bracket and are easily the second best imo for every bracket behind DK before you hit the 90-99 and you can still solo kill their team unless you get stunlocked. There are a few big differences with the 90-99 over the previous brackets as you get a second guard, your BA scales high enough so you get 85% physical damage mitigation as well a long with other maneuverability improvements.

xcggh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this not count as a guide rather than an exploit? Since it's technically a legitimate game mechanic?
    Last edited by xcggh; 02-10-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Honor777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/26
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xcggh View Post
    Does this not count as a guide rather than an exploit? Since it's technically a legitimate game mechanic?
    Sitting on top of graveyard killing 5+ people in a matter of seconds is not an intended game mechanic.
    And most likely will be getting fixed soon as the weeks have gone on I see more and more using this exploit.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1144
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Honor777 View Post
    Sitting on top of graveyard killing 5+ people in a matter of seconds is not an intended game mechanic.
    And most likely will be getting fixed soon as the weeks have gone on I see more and more using this exploit.
    Well, low-level pvp has always been insanely balanced for as long as I can remember.

With the scroll exploit 50-100 KB's weren't uncommon. That didn't get fixed for months.

Some of the stuff on my channel never got fixed. The bogling roots trick actually works better than when I posted it. 200 KIlls is
    quite possible with that if you are patient enough.

The only low-level exploit I can remember being instantly fixed was the holy shock debacle where naked Palas could one-shot people
    from 40 yds away. Even that lasted weeks. Even then debatable whether it was a pvp issue: you could solo entire dungeons faster
    than a normal 5-man.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link to best available BA set for Leather wearers: 100 Human Monk Windwalker - Epic WoW Armory
    I took a look at this monk armory as I'm leveling up a monk but now I'm a little concerned with the quality of your information.

As an example: Why would you be using Windwalk as an enchant on your weapon over something like Mark of Blackrock?

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a look at this monk armory as I'm leveling up a monk but now I'm a little concerned with the quality of your information.

As an example: Why would you be using Windwalk as an enchant on your weapon over something like Mark of Blackrock?
    Mark of Blackrock only occurs at lower hp. With guard up, the benefit of Blackrock at lower hp is negligible and basically does nothing as it never procs unless you are stunlocked to die.

Trust me I tried basically all the weapon enchants and the extra movement speed and dodge significantly outweigh an enchant's proc that only occurs when you can hit something when under 50% hp.

The difference between leaden despair and Mark of Blackrock is huge in terms of the bonus AP gain and can actually save you if you can manage to get an expel harm off or guard + it has stamina. That and most of the trinkets for BA suck as they're mostly higher level with smaller amounts of static BA gains and the only other good one is Smoking Heart of the Mountain as it scales incredibly well due to it being such a low level item.
    Last edited by UnholyMisery; 02-11-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks G/R
    338/1144
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark of Blackrock only occurs at lower hp. With guard up, the benefit of Blackrock at lower hp is negligible and basically does nothing as it never procs unless you are stunlocked to die.

Trust me I tried basically all the weapon enchants and the extra movement speed and dodge significantly outweigh an enchant's proc that only occurs when you can hit something when under 50% hp.

The difference between leaden despair and Mark of Blackrock is huge in terms of the bonus AP gain and can actually save you if you can manage to get an expel harm off or guard + it has stamina. That and most of the trinkets for BA suck as they're mostly higher level with smaller amounts of static BA gains and the only other good one is Smoking Heart of the Mountain as it scales incredibly well due to it being such a low level item.
    I was torn between leaden despair and iron protector talisman, which procs on a % basis on straight attacks. I switched between the two on a situational basis. .

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I was torn between leaden despair and iron protector talisman, which procs on a % basis on straight attacks. I switched between the two on a situational basis. .
    Tried both on monk and they both work however I found Leaden Despair to be slightly better as your expel harm energy cost is reduced below 35% allowing you to almost spam it with the huge BA boost in order to get out of trouble.

Thanks G/R
    338/1144
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One by-product of using low level gear is that it has a lot of +resistance on it.

I've found its enormous fun death gripping people into lava in somewhere like Silvershard mines. You both burn, but all that
    resistance gear gives you a significant edge. If you do this with gorefiends grasp you can wipe out any number of players
    quickly-As if the bonus armor wasn't enough already.
    Last edited by advanta; 02-21-2015 at 05:43 AM.

Kvipsy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of 6.1 hidden patch bonus armor has been NERFED to the ground. RIP

Thanks G/R
    338/1144
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kvipsy View Post
    As of 6.1 hidden patch bonus armor has been NERFED to the ground. RIP
    I wouldn't say to the ground. Maybe the first floor.

They've fixed a lot of items. Not all though. Some of the gear is still pretty good even post-nerf. I was still
    competitive in terms of pure dps this morning on my prot warrior, but no longer op.

Replace the most badly nerfed items with warlords gear, get some mechablast rockets, and you will still be topping
    the charts in 91-99.
    Last edited by advanta; 02-27-2015 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, time to move back to playing my real toons. RIP to one of the best exploits I've had the pleasure of participating in.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast