75/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaman specific weapon imbued on any spec

I was messing around on a shaman recently, found out that if you go into the spec w/ the weapon imbue you want, then change back to your other spec, the imbue will remain AND function.

Shaman specific weapon imbued on any spec
    Strath's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    75/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bezerker08 View Post
    Shaman weapon imbues are not spec specific soooooo....

can you clarify the exploit?
    earthliving = resto
    windfury = enhance

Remmey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing really game breaking but an interesting find nonetheless Rep'd

gkelter's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so incredibly simple and out in the open that I don't know how it hasn't been fixed or something yet... I mean.. this must happen thousands of times a day to shamans everywhere that swap specs without swapping their gear first. Is there any benefit to this? I don't play a shaman so I have no idea but it sounds interesting I suppose.

Strath's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    75/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gkelter View Post
    This is so incredibly simple and out in the open that I don't know how it hasn't been fixed or something yet... I mean.. this must happen thousands of times a day to shamans everywhere that swap specs without swapping their gear first. Is there any benefit to this? I don't play a shaman so I have no idea but it sounds interesting I suppose.
    I don't play a shammy either, but I assume having a 2 healing enchants while enhance spec will have some cool effects.

Soliinari's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing it'll do is make you perform less effectively in your role.

josken's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Soliinari View Post
    The only thing it'll do is make you perform less effectively in your role.
    Whenever I play Unleash Fury spec in pvp as ele, I always have 2 weapons. One I imbue as resto beforehand with earthliving, and then obviously my main weapon with flameshock.

If I happen to be in the situation where I'm LoS in a root or something, I swap weaons, Unleash and my next Healing surge will be 50% more effective, besides the possibility to trigger the earth living effect. The cool thing is that the extra healing done from unleash fury stacks with clearcasting state, making some sick healing surges possible. It's obviously a very specific niche, but it has won games for me in arena.

Soliinari's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by josken View Post
    Whenever I play Unleash Fury spec in pvp as ele, I always have 2 weapons. One I imbue as resto beforehand with earthliving, and then obviously my main weapon with flameshock.

If I happen to be in the situation where I'm LoS in a root or something, I swap weaons, Unleash and my next Healing surge will be 50% more effective, besides the possibility to trigger the earth living effect. The cool thing is that the extra healing done from unleash fury stacks with clearcasting state, making some sick healing surges possible. It's obviously a very specific niche, but it has won games for me in arena.
    It's kinda pointless in pve, where you'll be far better off doing your role of dmg dealer as best as possible, than to do a half f-ed role.

Nemesis.'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have been able to do that since vanilla and to the saying that u can 2 earthliving, once u change spec that cant dual wield your offhand weapon appears broken so u dont get any stat/enchant benefits from it. Unless Im reading something wrong.

Axurrio's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seens great... i will see it...

Droozy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nemesis. View Post
    you have been able to do that since vanilla and to the saying that u can 2 earthliving, once u change spec that cant dual wield your offhand weapon appears broken so u dont get any stat/enchant benefits from it. Unless Im reading something wrong.
    you're so off you have no idea. do what since vanilla? at this point in the game weapon enchantments (windfury&earthliving) are specialization specific, which means when you're enhancement you dont have earthliving and vice versa. and also, weapon enchantments were garbage outside of enhancement because they didnt give stats like they do now, only the on-hit effects. it didn't really matter if you didnt have weapon enchantments as ele/resto. not to mention that earthliving didnt even exist until wotlk

and also basically no weapons in the game are offhand anymore and therefore you can enchant both of them if you switch the one you normally use in your offhand to your mainhand, enchant that one too and have 2 earthliving weapon as enhancement

not that anything matters because the exploit is utter garbage outside of the tip the guy a few posts up gave with having earthliving on one weapon and flametongue on one as elemental. even though i prefer rockbiter if you're really getting tunneled and need the survival very much