[PVP] Keep your RBG Cap for the first week of S13 (Headstart on next season) menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dnawlols's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PVP] Keep your RBG Cap for the first week of S13 (Headstart on next season)

First off i'd like to state this is NOT a theory, this has worked before, however there is no further evidence posted that this has been hotfixed since, and the only way you will know if it's working is if you actually do the exploit.

So basically, from the transition from season 9 to 10 and then 10 to 11, our RBG group was grouping up @ 3am EST (our server reset time). At this point in time, your point cap will reset for the week, please note, this is not the reset for the servers going down for the next patch, i mean this is the soft point cap reset.

After your points have been reset, que atleast 1 RBG and it will count for your weekly RBG done that week (this can be a win or a loss, doesn't matter)

Basically all you're doing is doing your rbg for the week before the servers go down and the season ends for a week (meaning you cannot que for a week) as there is time to que before the servers go down and after the point cap resets.

This is extremely handy for people who are 2.2k+ in rbgs atm and want to get a head start next season. Also since t2 just requires you to earn 27k conq, doing this will allow you to get to that 27k cap before anyone else, and generally get an extra piece of gear. This also works for arena as well, just rbgs give a higher cap so i'm assuming unless you're like 1800 in rbgs and 2600 in arenas, you'd que rbgs>arena for your cap.

I'm going to state again, there's no way to know if this was fixed or not until the time comes. If mods determine that this is considered a theory or that this isn't somehow an exploit, feel free to lock it. Was just trying let people know about this to get ahead of everyone else.

[PVP] Keep your RBG Cap for the first week of S13 (Headstart on next season)
    Dare932's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is completely irrelavent now. Allow me to explain.

Lets say this works and for the first week you have a 3600 conquest cap. For one week arena's and RBGs are down while they hand out titles. So now the only way to get conquest points is from doing NORMAL battlegrounds.

Normal battlegrounds do NOT work towards RBG conquest points....they ONLY work towards arena conquest points. So even if you have a 3600 conquest cap you will still be stuck at 1800.

If this worked for arenas that would be a completely different situation.

maslt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dare932,

I believe he's saying that if you play a game after 3am on Tuesday but before the servers go down it counts as playing a game that week. You'd have a high cap for the week between seasons. You'd only be able to get 1800 points that week, but the next week you'd still have your high RBG cap because you played a game after 3am Tuesday the previous week.

Won't work if there's a 2 week gap between seasons, otherwise it should.

Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I am saying is that if you do an rbg after the points reset it will count as doing an rbg that week thus if the new season is only a week after you start that week off with your conq cap

eldavo1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that there is 1 week where you cannot do any rated games so your cap will go to normal, so it won't work

Tibs89's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by eldavo1 View Post
    Except that there is 1 week where you cannot do any rated games so your cap will go to normal, so it won't work
    You aren't getting the point. So you do an RBG the morning right before servers go down ( that would be the first day of the off-week). That way next tuesday, it will have said you have done an RBG the week before and you will get to keep your points cap instead of having it reset.

Ex:
    You have a 3000 points cap the last week of season 12.
    Do an RBG the tuesday morning before patch 5.2
    (counts as an RBG done for the off-week)
    First week off season 13 comes along, BOOM! You still have a 3000 points cap instead of 2200.

Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tibs89 View Post
    You aren't getting the point. So you do an RBG the morning right before servers go down ( that would be the first day of the off-week). That way next tuesday, it will have said you have done an RBG the week before and you will get to keep your points cap instead of having it reset.

Ex:
    You have a 3000 points cap the last week of season 12.
    Do an RBG the tuesday morning before patch 5.2
    (counts as an RBG done for the off-week)
    First week off season 13 comes along, BOOM! You still have a 3000 points cap instead of 2200.
    This... thank you...

Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping since season is almost over so people can see

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see what you mean... your 1 RBG win for the week logs you for your RBG rating... as if you played the week between seasons, thus when the season actually starts, you will get tagged for previous week's rating.

But, there is a problem with this still... Blizz is doing a complete 100% hard reset, including MMR, to which they haven't done in a really long time, come Tuesday morning that Season 13 starts..

I find it unlikely you will keep your cap.

Is there any evidence that this has worked previously? I am interested, but I am really skeptical about this...

Sativ's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sklug View Post

But, there is a problem with this still... Blizz is doing a complete 100% hard reset, including MMR, to which they haven't done in a really long time, come Tuesday morning that Season 13 starts..
    Confirm please. I would love to see posts about this. Because if MMR is really resetting, i know about 10 people who'll come back to this game

Watcher's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    37/58
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +5 Rep Because you're worth it

Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sklug View Post
    I see what you mean... your 1 RBG win for the week logs you for your RBG rating... as if you played the week between seasons, thus when the season actually starts, you will get tagged for previous week's rating.

I find it unlikely you will keep your cap.

Is there any evidence that this has worked previously? I am interested, but I am really skeptical about this...
    Myself and guildies did this back during the seasons 10 > 11 transition, as they mentioned they heard about it back in season 9 for that transition. However at the time, getting an extra weeks worth of points wasn't really as big of a deal during the time, other than maybe you could unlock your wep a little faster. I never knew about this forum until a few months ago or i would have taken SS's and posted them from the s10>s11 transition. I only remembered about this now because Blizzard implemented the whole 27k conq for the "elite" gear and I was like hey, I remember a druid in my guild back in s9 mentioning she kept her rbg cap for playing super early in the morning trying to cap b4 servers went down! And, hey I did this back during the seasons 10>11 transition (not intentionally, i was trying to get as many points as possible to finish buying my ret elite set).

However if you put even a small bit of thinking into it, there is no reason this will not work unless blizzard makes the season lockout 2 weeks.

If it is March 5th, tuesday night at 3am ( our server my time anyway ), and your points reset for the week, thus starting the beginning of next week in terms of the arena cap, and you play atleast one game, it counts as doing an rbg that week.

Also Blizzard never stated a mmr reset, as far as I saw, and either way it wouldn't matter because that does not occur until the season is officially over.

Ultimately there is nothing to lose by attempting this other than maybe a few points if you lose the game or a few hours of sleep, but there's no reason not to try it.

priesta's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    24/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone doin this tonight PM me, gonna try and get a grp goin

Amagran's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with realms being shut off at 1am now, this wont be possible. as conquest points will not have reset by then.

Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Amagran View Post
    with realms being shut off at 1am now, this wont be possible. as conquest points will not have reset by then.

my server was down @ 4am(est) my time, cap reset being 3am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast