Classic, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of The Lich King and Cataclysm all for under menu

User Tag List

1kaotik1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of The Lich King and Cataclysm all for under $20

Recently blizzard made Wrath of The Lich King included in the World of Warcraft Battle Chest. Well what does this mean? It means that Scroll of Resurrection can be used on a Battle Chest account 1 month after you purchase it. What does this mean? Well it means you can get a fully upgraded account for just $20.

Though Myst's of Pandaria launches next week, you will need to purchase the $60 game in order to play further than 85.

Wait so whats the exploit? Im getting to that.

Right now Scroll of Rez can upgrade ANY account that has no game time on it and is under expansion cap (current xpac). So if i had an account with TBC only on it, and i sent a SoR to it from my main account, it will be upgraded to Cataclysm and be given 7 days of game time. This will also (in theory) work for new accounts that are digitally purchased through the blizzard store (ie. The Battle Chest).

So in order for this to work properly, you will need an active world of warcraft account 1 month after the purchase date of the Battle Chest.

1. Purchase Battle Chest and make the account/email/secret question etc etc...
    2. Wait untill the 30 days of free game time has ran out on the Battle Chest account.
    3. Send the SoR to the Battle Chest account.
    4. New account upgraded to Cataclysm for free (no need to spend $50)
    5. Get a free level 80 of any race/class/spec ready to level into MoP

Essentially this exploit is to avoid having to buy Cataclysm if you want another account for MoP farming or what ever. And since you dont need to level a character all the way from level 1 on the new account thanks to SoR, you can now quickly get to level cap to get that gold.

This is an exploit involving blizzards SoR system and the new Battle Chest. (September 19, 2012)

Classic, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of The Lich King and Cataclysm all for under
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have a full (non-Starter Edition) World of Warcraft account, and their account must have been inactive (without an active subscription) on or before March 4th, 2012.

From the SoR FAQ. Unless they changed it, and haveb't updated their faq yet.

1kaotik1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently bought the TBC battle chest from best buy and waited for the account to run out to try it, and was able to upgrade the account fully through the in game SoR.

I just bought it a couple hours ago to try it. Ill report back in 31 days if its working or not. Just wanted to let people know if they were thinking of the same thing.

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you don't officially know and this is just a theory?
    1) Theories aren't allowed, you must have proof.
    2) I wouldn't deem this as an exploit if blizzard really did update their SoR.

Iaccidentallytwink's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. The Battle Chest includes Wrath now, so you would only be getting Cata "free" after a 30 day wait. However, this is useless because
    2. The cost of upgrading to MoP or the latest expansion is ALWAYS $60. If you have Wrath (BattleChest) you would be paying $60. If you have Cataclysm you will still be paying $60.

I only see this as useful if you want Cata free but don't plan to upgrade, and even then I'd probably not do this, because you can find cata for $5/$10 on sale often, with other sites like eBay having it on sale for $10 most of the time.