Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EPIC X-Realm zone PVP EXPLOIT - Kill players from any server you want!

So, tonight with a big x-realm 40 man PVP group we farmed 20 different servers dueling grounds in front of Stormwind. You see, both Durotar and Elwynn Forest are part of the new x-realm zone feature. So, what we did was we flew out to SW together and basically KILLED all of the Alliance players there. Then, and here is the trick, you pass lead to another player of another server who's in your x-realm group. Once the new person from a separate server has raid lead, the zone then phases to the raid leader's zone to which there were even more Alliance dueling, to which out of nowhere, 40 of us dropped in on them and killed them all. We kept passing lead until we had gone through all of the different servers in our x-realm group.

I should also note that I personally am on a PVE realm, but when we passed lead to a guy on a PVP realm we saw all of the players on his realm phase and they were flagged ready to be attacked, YAY!

[MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THIS] The thing that makes this the most complete fun is that we as an entire raid could zone in and out seamlessly. If a lot of Alliance players showed up from the city and the fight started getting bad, we'd just pass lead and we'd all just disappear from them. Hundreds of HKs and hours of fun.

ENJOY some new EPIC FUN!

Oh and since Durotar is a x-realm zone, I assume Alliance can take advantage of this against the Horde as well.

Since people are asking a lot of questions, here is a run-down of the FACTS:

• *Works as a RAID, but it is assumed it works with parties too (though have not personally tested with parties). Anyone confirm?
      *You can access zones OUTSIDE of your battlegroup as well. Like I said, ANY SERVER YOU CHOOSE as long as you have someone from that server in your raid group to pass lead to.
      *Realm phases to whoever's realm the raid leader is.
      *As soon as raid lead is passed you immediately phase into that realm and you can phase in and out on command.
      *When passing lead the current raid leader and the player you are passing it to need to be out of combat and it will phase the rest of the raid, so when things look to be getting bad soon, *current raid leader gets out of combat asap as well as new raid leader while the rest of your raid fights it out, and then pass it and you will all phase.

Warning: Occasionally people might get d/c'd on a phase change, which is probably a code issue on Blizz's side, but it was not a super huge problem and opened happened to me personally once of 2 dozen changes.

EDIT: Just realized this would be a super easy way to quickly build some x-realm PVP groups. Just sit in your faction's dueling area and grab a couple REAL ID friends, first recruit your realm, then pass lead to them, recruit on their realm, grab some new REALID friends from the new invites, then keep passing lead to keep changing realms with your growing raid to quickly recruit and fill up a sizable team. Would make filling a 40 man Premade AV with solid pvprs that you find in the dueling area much much easier. Imagine just out of nowhere 25 people phasing into a zone and excitedly asking some people to join your PVP group

EDIT: SO sadly for now there appears to be some servers that we have discovered on the EU side that this doesn't work with. One person stated that Blizz did not have a full implementation of the x-zone feature on all realms yet so it seems apparent there are going to be some servers out there that won't work sadly. We have reports of Oceanic servers working though as well so YAY! So far we have only found a couple EU ones but all US servers appear to be working.
    Last edited by Sklug; 09-06-2012 at 12:29 AM.

EPIC X-Realm zone PVP EXPLOIT  - Kill players from any server you want!
    Fumi's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, i can imange the alliance being all like "We gonna win this shit!" *VANISH* "DAFUQ?!"

is it possible to tell wich realm you are killing?
    Last edited by Fumi; 09-05-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fumi View Post
    Lol, i can imange the alliance being all like "We gonna win this shit!" *VANISH* "DAFUQ?!"

is it possible to tell wich realm you are killing?

Yes you ALWAYS know which realm you are killing by whoever the Raid Leader's realm is. So when you pass lead to let's say a player from a realm called "Illidan," all of the players that you will phase into will be from Illidan

pm234's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting, does this also work in a party or just raid? can you got to servers outside your battlegroup?

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pm234 View Post
    interesting, does this also work in a party or just raid? can you got to servers outside your battlegroup?
    Since we only did a raid I am not entirely sure, but I'd imagine the mechanic works the same with a party, maybe someoine can test.
    Last edited by Sklug; 09-05-2012 at 04:35 AM.

LordNaomasa's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +repped! Having so much fun! It works as Alliance!

Drazen's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done it today, very fun idd ))
    Would + rep but can't ^^

Auroralol's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im trying this with a friend right now - he invited me - we're infront of stormwind together (ALLIANCE) but we cant see eachother / i cant see ppl from his realm oO

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Auroralol View Post
    im trying this with a friend right now - he invited me - we're infront of stormwind together (ALLIANCE) but we cant see eachother / i cant see ppl from his realm oO
    Just make sure you are actually fully out of the city. Stormwind city is not X-zoned, just Elwynn Forest, so you need to be out across the bridge and be on the road heading to Goldshire where the duelers tend to hang. If it's still not working for you then I don;t know what to say lol. That is not really the EXPLOIT anyway, that is just working as intended x-zone feature. Where the exploit really is is being able phase in and out of realms on command just by passing raid lead and essentually causing max damage on as many servers as possible lol

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hm.. gonna try again then. will edit the post asap with news after we tried

not working for some reason...

edit: maybe working for US only?
    Last edited by Auroralol; 09-05-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hm.. gonna try again then. will edit the post asap with news after we tried

not working for some reason...

edit: maybe working for US only?
    Hrm I really don't know why it wouldn't be working for you then, as we really were doing this all day without limitations. We did this on US realms if that matters, but I don't think it would, but you never know I could be wrong. Maybe when we get more people doing this we'll find out if some others are having issue that are on EU servers. Have you tried switching it to a raid group instead of a party and see if that makes a difference?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup.tested both party and raids. even with other / more ppl inthe group. we even tried on hordechars

edit: when i get invited / invite ppl it says accepting the invite may transfer you to another relam. but nothing happens

edit2: even tried different zones
    Last edited by Auroralol; 09-05-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup.tested both party and raids. even with other / more ppl inthe group. we even tried on hordechars

edit: when i get invited / invite ppl it says accepting the invite may transfer you to another relam. but nothing happens
    That is pretty weird... Maybe you could possibly try another zone and see what happens? Another thing I'd recommend is trying a fresh re-boot of WOW, not just a UI reload or anything. Sometimes that fixes issues. But from what I can see, for whatever reason, your x-realm feature is not functioning properly for you even if you just wanted to quest together as friends completely unrelated to this exploit Let's hope this doesn't turn into an EU issue and it's US server only. But that just wouldn't make sense in my mind since EU servers shouldn't be limited to x-realm functionality.

Mothership's Avatar Elite User
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    8/9
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i remember right blizzard said something about enabling it first on few realms to test it out.
    Last edited by Mothership; 09-05-2012 at 05:09 AM.

pm234's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesnt work either for me on eu, i have never seen x-realm people before on my server so it must be bugged.
    still + rep and have fun with that US people

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast