Migrate your characters from one account to another, REGARDLESS of first/last name menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Louie's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Migrate your characters from one account to another, REGARDLESS of first/last name

Hey everyone, been using this nifty trick myself for a while now - and decided to go public with it. This has been proven to work, and I found out about it myself from a real life friend a few months ago. With this method you can transfer characters from a traded account, to your own account with your own first + last name on it. Sellers around on different forums are using the same tactic, and charging hundreds of dollars for it! Decided to share it with ownedcore exclusively since it's given me so many guides and exploits over the last years. Any ways, let's get into the guide!

The things you will need is following:

1. A phone/skype
    2. An account with the same registered name as the account that you want to transfer characters from. (and also upgraded with the same expansions, preferably all new)
    3. A relaxed and convincing voice (Yes, we're going to talk to the Blizzard employees, don't sound nervous or it won't work.)

Okay, we're ready with our "need list", let's get into the trick itself.

What you're gonna do first is, Have a character ready to transfer over to the new account, don't have it pending yet(since Blizzard can track that, and it'll ruin our trick) but have all the payments done etc, so that you can just finalize the payment and it'll be ready.

Once that's done, call Blizzard on your phone(you'll find the number at their website) or from skype(the EU number is: +4408000288246 - this will make the call free of charge, and you can play some video game as you're waiting for your call to go through).

Once they answer the phone, make up a story about how you created this brand new account and didn't want to give out your name to Blizzard, but then a friend of yours told you that you had to, otherwise you wouldn't be able to claim ownership of it, in case it ever got lost. The key here is to come up with a proper story like the one I just wrote for you, and be relaxed and convincing. Tip here is to keep it simple, a lie with too many details in it will often screw you over in the end.

They'll ask for some information of the account, and also ask for what name you want to change the registered name to (You might have to send in a passport for that, was required for me 2/5 times).

Once they accepted it, and you spelled your name that it should be changed to, he should accept into changing the registered name, seeing as it's a brand new account in good standing that you got, and everyone's allowed mistakes.

Here's your gap! While he's about to change the name of the account, you got a small time limit to click the transfer button, and get your transfer pending. If this is done correctly, and within the right gap(Might take some practice for a few, but in general you got a minute or so. You can also buy time by asking them genuine questions etc. meanwhile), you'll have your character with a pending migrate, to an account with a new first/last name! And that's what we wanted!

This can be used for a lot of things, it makes traded accounts be more secure, if you also make sure to permanently ban the old account, and preferably the "middleman account"(the one you used the name change on) also. Since Blizzard won't track as many transfers from permanently banned accounts, and your character you be safe. This can also be used if you're giving an account away to a cousin/friend etc, and want to surprise them with a full account in their name, with extraordinary characters on!

Hopefully you understood my guide, and hopefully you can find use of this nifty trick! Thanks a lot for reading it, and I'll be right here to answer any questions that you may have!

Cheers.

Edit: It's been posted on another website too it seems, thanks to AraiXplorer for figuring it out! Link: http://mmohacks.org/exploiting-metho...nge-in-minutes
    Last edited by Louie; 07-02-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Migrate your characters from one account to another, REGARDLESS of first/last name
    selraith's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you shouldn't post this if you class this as an exploit: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...long-here.html

Louie's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by selraith View Post
    I think you shouldn't post this if you class this as an exploit: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...long-here.html
    Oh crap! Thanks a lot for the heads up - could a moderator please move this, and I'm deeply sorry for posting it here!

Ledoocat's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    58 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's actually extremely smart.

VoTuUS's Avatar Visions of the Unknown CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    44/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here take5

AraiXplorer's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen a very similar method here :[Exploiting Method] **Working** Battlenet First / Last name change, in minutes. | MMohacks, posted on March 30th 2012

Louie's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Saburown View Post
    That's actually extremely smart.
    Indeed, it is!

Originally Posted by VoTuUS View Post
    here take5
    Thanks, man! Glad you liked it

Originally Posted by AraiXplorer View Post
    I have seen a very similar method here :[Exploiting Method] **Working** Battlenet First / Last name change, in minutes. | MMohacks, posted on March 30th 2012
    I didn't even know it was on the interwebz! I'll put it in the credits in my post, thanks! Must be my friend or a guy that he told it about, since it's been kept a bit in the dark lately! Cheers!

- Still requesting for an admin to move this to the right place

IkonEll's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Louie,

Many thanks for posting this method on name changing as you've saved me spending a small fortune on some idiot telling me that his method involved weeks of work and a 'select group of players who have studied law and ethics at a degree level'.

Just a few quick questions if you don't mind humouring me as I have an expensive account I'm looking to get the names changed on.
    Firstly, It's common sense that both accounts must initially share the same surname prior too the account transfer however does it matter if the first name is different or is it simply better to be safe and have the first name the same as well.

Secondly, does the new account have to be in the same country as original account? The account im trying to change is from Portugal and I live in the UK.

Cheers Ell,

nerfmeplease's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol my friend had to do this, but for real, so it does work. he was really drunk one night, thought it would be hilarious to make a new B-net for his new SC2 he bought, and made the name "Adolf Hitler".. needless to say, he got it changed the next day when he logged in and that was his name.

good stuff!

Louie's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nerfmeplease View Post
    lol my friend had to do this, but for real, so it does work. he was really drunk one night, thought it would be hilarious to make a new B-net for his new SC2 he bought, and made the name "Adolf Hitler".. needless to say, he got it changed the next day when he logged in and that was his name.

good stuff!
    Hahahaha, I'm honestly surprised that "Adolf Hitler" wasn't banned as a name combination for real life names Ah well, glad you can confirm it so that I'm not the only one who claims that this works!

Originally Posted by IkonEll View Post
    Hey Louie,

Many thanks for posting this method on name changing as you've saved me spending a small fortune on some idiot telling me that his method involved weeks of work and a 'select group of players who have studied law and ethics at a degree level'.

Just a few quick questions if you don't mind humouring me as I have an expensive account I'm looking to get the names changed on.
    Firstly, It's common sense that both accounts must initially share the same surname prior too the account transfer however does it matter if the first name is different or is it simply better to be safe and have the first name the same as well.

Secondly, does the new account have to be in the same country as original account? The account im trying to change is from Portugal and I live in the UK.

Cheers Ell,
    Hey there, no the first name doesn't need to be the same, it's only the last name that matters And no, the country doesn't matter when transferring a character over at all, so feel free to make it a "UK" account!

And it was my pleasure sharing this with you guys

seafunk's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be against the rules, but it sure the hell is the best thing I've read on here in ages. +REP
    Last edited by seafunk; 07-02-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Jeremiah's Avatar Former Mod
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been fixed on US for at least 2 months. Might still work on EU, though.
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

Louie's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    This has been fixed on US for at least 2 months. Might still work on EU, though.
    Worked in EU yesterday(tested it out just after I made the guide). I'll try doing it for a US account tommorow to see if you're right.

Marvelous's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this has been posted and deleted before.

Some people reported after using this method that their accounts got perma banned a few weeks to a month later. "Notary Ban"

Heads up for people willing to take the risk.

Louie's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
    this has been posted and deleted before.

Some people reported after using this method that their accounts got perma banned a few weeks to a month later. "Notary Ban"

Heads up for people willing to take the risk.
    I've done it 4 times now, 2 on friends accounts, once on my own, and once to test it after writing the guide. I've yet to be permabanned. But thanks for the heads up that it's been reported! But as it is with any exploit, it should be used at own risk Almost every exploit is banable if abused these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast