MMR-Abuse in RBGS! Get alot of points, Raise your MMR by 200-300 every game! menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SpikeeeN's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMR-Abuse in RBGS! Get alot of points, Raise your MMR by 200-300 every game!

I found this out by myself.
    Basicly, What you do is get one of your Highest MMR players to relog using the "Log Out" button before gates opens(Or after gates open).
    Basicly what happens is, You will get double his MMR.

It will tell you in the chat that "xxxx has left the battle" as soon as he logs on, He joins the battle again, And your MMR will be boosted by the diffrence of MMR this player does.

Example, 10/10 players is in the RBG
    player X Relogs(Leave the battle) - Keeps the MMR
    Player X Has come online(Join the battle) -MMR will Raise by the diffrence he makes.(20 or something).

Basicly to exploit this in a bigger scale, Get ALL of your highest MMR players to relog and your MMR will raise by 100-200 MMR.
    It might even work to relog several times to boost the MMR by even more!

This way you will always be over your standard MMR, and ALWAYS get more points than you should

Screenshots wouldnt confirm it, So I wont post it
    Someone else confirm please.
    I know its working.

EDIT: This could work in Arenas aswell since you "Leave battle" and "Join battle" in arena aswell.

Enjoy. You heard it here first.

Quotes from the Elite thread:
    Confirmed for Arenas. Move this!!! +rep
    This worked when our imba holy pally dced.
    Thanks for posting this here! This is going to help a lot.. I hate getting 2 points per each team we beat at 2400+
    works fine (: +rep
    Works, broke 2k with this. Also, inb4hotfix.
    +rep from me
    [SPOILER]
    I HAVE TESTED THIS SO LISTEN UP

Alright, so we just ran 2 Guild RBGs... I grabbed a bunch of lower 1800-1900 MMR playes and we jumped in, just me and 1 other guy who play at about 2300 MMR range atm...

Basically what my teammate who was 2300 did was logged off, then logged back in... Our initial MMR team average was at 1900 or so.... when my guildie logged back on, it instantly jumped to like 2050. Then, I logged off, logged back on and all of a sudden MMR rating was back down to normal, like my doing it somehow messed it up... But, with that being said, I logged back in 2 sec after game started so maybe that messed it up.

Anyway, thinking that the MMR bug would not work this game, we had a 1900 Priest get d/c'd -- when he got d/c'd the MMR of the team went down. And it stayed down after he logged back in. Whic hwas even more annoying lol, but clearly there was something going on that needed to be further investigated.

Anyway, so the guy in the guild who first logged off had the highest MMR, about 2370. 2 min before the game ended, he tried logging off and back on again. Even though the game had already started, our MMR jumped back up in the 2050 range, which was obviously higher than our team's average MMR. We won the game easily against this team and everyone in the 1900 range still gained like 100+ pts each(The enemy team had same MMR of about 1900). The high MMR guildie and I still both managed to snag 9 pts each off of this team, which really shouldn't give us that much, so it is clearly working. It is obvious this is clearly working as many of these players have only been earning maybe 20 pts a game against similiar MMR

So, from what it looked like was happening, is that the person with the highest MMR was the one effecting the team average and even though I logged off to help, mine only seemed to reset it. I am not sure on this, but maybe this is a possible implementation of Blizz's new MMR system to counter MMR exploiting, but it now has this new bug.

Second game, I logged off first and logged back in and MMR did not change... again, not sure why. My friend with highest MMR logs off and logs back in and MMR jumps up another 150 pts.

Anyway guys, we were now matched up against tougher players though since everyone's MMR was boosted, but we still won and I gained 11 pts that game while people in the 1900 MMR area broke 2k.

All I can say is this needs further testing and I am not entirely sure what is going on, but it clearly has something to do with the person with the highest MMR. And, imo, from what I can tell, this trick seems to counter the player's MMR once then divides it by full, then to maximize this effect that specific player can probably logout and back in an infinite amount of times to maximize the exploit, but again, it HAS to be the person with highest MMR. Currently this is just speculation, but it seems likely, considering the way the math would have to work out to do this.

+REP from me. Thanks a bunch!

TL;DR I am confirming this works!
    [/SPOILER]
    Last edited by Errage; 08-04-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: ...
    I'm a pirate, I kill people for money. You are my friend, I kill you for free!

MMR-Abuse in RBGS! Get alot of points, Raise your MMR by 200-300 every game!
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! Will have to tell my team about this, could potentially gain alot of MMR.

Celselept's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly what i needed

wow, our faction has grown nice-looking big =).

And Girls, here¡¯s a thoughtfulness!
    Why not start the leaning of selflessly donating your expensive dresses to brides who can¡¯t give up to purchase or horse feathers them?
    Moment that would be paying it accelerate or is that a totally untrendy way of thinking?
    Okay Karma to y¡¯all

manw's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 - Join the battle
    2 - Logout in the battleground or arena before gate open
    3 - Relog
    4 - Join battle
    5 - Profit ?

Did i get it ?
    Last edited by manw; 08-04-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 - Join the battle
    2 - Relog
    3 - Profit
    That is if you have the highest MMR of the group.

manw's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say "relog" it's just disconnect then reconnect your char or rly relog and use ur mail/password ?

Anyway +rep :P

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by manw View Post
    When you say "relog" it's just disconnect then reconnect your char or rly relog and use ur mail/password ?

Anyway +rep :P
    Either press the "log out" button, or alt+F4, doesnt rly matter.
    Last edited by SpikeeeN; 08-04-2011 at 09:16 AM.

madawc55's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clarification?

Can you clarify this portion in particular:

"This way you will always be over your standard MMR, and ALWAYS get more points than you should."

Wouldn't raising your team's MMR, relative to your opponent's MMR, cause you to gain LESS on a win, and risk losing MORE on a loss?

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by madawc55 View Post
    Can you clarify this portion in particular:

"This way you will always be over your standard MMR, and ALWAYS get more points than you should."

Wouldn't raising your team's MMR, relative to your opponent's MMR, cause you to gain LESS on a win, and risk losing MORE on a loss?
    No, it would give you MORE when win. Since the bigger diffrence your personal rating is to your team MMR, the more points you got, For example. You got 2k rating, And your Teamrating is 2.5k You will get 192 points.
    You will not lose more rating either, You will lose more MMR, but not rating.

madawc55's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SpikeeeN View Post
    No, it would give you MORE when win. Since the bigger diffrence your personal rating is to your team MMR, the more points you got, For example. You got 2k rating, And your Teamrating is 2.5k You will get 192 points.
    You will not lose more rating either, You will lose more MMR, but not rating.
    Ah yes that makes sense, thanks. +2 Rep.

proquish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +3 rep! I'll even give you more once I can. Great find tbh
    Selling wow accs for gold got : Druid, Dk, Druid, Pala for sale atm ! (All alliances on different accounts!)

Cholito's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok where do i look to find mmr i know nooby question is that what it shows at the end of the match like the match overview or w/e. Also lets say that you do this but you are now facing more difficult opponents correct? from one of the posts above it said if you have the lowest mmr relog it would put it back to normal or maybe lower? so couldn't you do this in fact getting tons of points for easy teams and keep facing easy teams? reaching 2k+ facing 1k and below caliber teams?

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

also having a problem when i log out it makes me leave the arena completely to where my partner is left by himsef

fandehgo521's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Celselept View Post
    wow, our faction has grown nice-looking big =).

And Girls, here¡¯s a thoughtfulness!
    Why not start the leaning of selflessly donating your expensive dresses to brides who can¡¯t give up to purchase or horse feathers them?
    Moment that would be paying it accelerate or is that a totally untrendy way of thinking?
    Okay Karma to y¡¯all
    Has no one noticed this yet? Lol

This is exactly what i needed though bud.. i cant stand getting minimal points

Haxmonkey00's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cholito View Post
    also having a problem when i log out it makes me leave the arena completely to where my partner is left by himsef
    I have the same issue, seems like it doesnt work with arena...

Cholito's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hotfixed guys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast