Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Hunter] - New way to single pull linked mobs.

NOTE: This will only work if the mob you are trying to solo is not immune to freezing trap.

Step 1: Pull group of mobs with the one you wish to solo ahead of the others preferably.
    Step 2: Run at least 60 yrds away so the group dosent reaggro when you attack the trapped mob.
    Step 3: Lay Down Freezing Trap when the mob is on ur ass
    Step 4: Wait .5 seconds.
    Step 5: Feign and wait for the other mobs to run back.

**If you are successful the mob will still be trapped while the others reset and you can now fight this mob without the others aiding it if you trapped it far enough away**

The timing on this is very tricky and wont work 100% of the time but when it does the trapped mob will stay trapped instead of breaking when you drop combat. You can use this to either eat to full while soloing a strong mob that is trapable or to do split pulls and farm Firelands or another instance if you wish.

Can also work with trap launcher if you time it well enough.
    Adding screenshots soon.

Video: ‪Split Pull‬‏ - YouTube

‪Split Pull‬‏ - YouTube
    Last edited by Phexon; 07-16-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: screen caps

[Hunter] - New way to single pull linked mobs.
    DeMoN's Avatar -==FiXeR==-
    Thanks G/R
    16/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok pull group mobs drop trap and fd? where's the exploit?

Shadow178's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The exploit would be that you can pull 1 mob out of a pack, if i'm reading it correctly?

Phexon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exploit being that it is when you reset a group of mobs while one has CC on them its suppose to fade and go back to its position. By doing it this way you can pull out one mob from a group that is linked together and fight it without the other mobs helping it.
    Last edited by Phexon; 07-15-2011 at 04:10 AM.

Snowee's Avatar яєтιяєd єχρℓσιтєя
    Thanks G/R
    72/191
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invalid Attachment specified : /

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by snowee View Post
    Invalid Attachment specified : /
    Screenshots showing that im out of combat eating while beside a trapped mob from a group.

maggibesti's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This does indeed work and I would think it does not work as intended, cause you aren't supposed to be able to kill one mob at a time. I noticed if the mobs are close, or within mby 100-150 yards they aggro but when they go further back they don't pull, I tested it with the Nagas pack, if they walk far enough away you only get aggro on the trapped one. But this is useless for Firelands trash tho, since it doesnt work on Turtles as they are immune to CC and Hounds and Scorpions are better off killed at once when kiting as a hunter else you're losing too much time and you'd need way more time to clear, but it works good for 25man hounds if you are having trouble kiting hounds, it is kinda usefull than but when you get the hang of it which took me couple of tries to get them all down at once even tho I still fail one in a while. But +rep for you, just hopefully it wont get fixed and it will be usefull in future patches.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THis is kind of a questionably exploit nowadays cause the way that Blizz has re-introduced CC and trap and such in 4.2 us designed this way on purpose. I mean, look at those mobs in Firelands that are trappable. THe packs of 5 that pat along the road, you can literally SAP one, trap another sheep another and so on and the pack will keep patrolling as if nothing happened effectively splitting themselves apart.

Anyway, a lot of people don't know this yet so I am going to give you a couple rep for bringing this to people's knowledge, but at this point with the new mechanics I don't really see it as an exploit, just an evolution of Blizz's latest dumbing down of the skill lvl needed to play WOW. +2rep

maggibesti's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sklug View Post
    THis is kind of a questionably exploit nowadays cause the way that Blizz has re-introduced CC and trap and such in 4.2 us designed this way on purpose. I mean, look at those mobs in Firelands that are trappable. THe packs of 5 that pat along the road, you can literally SAP one, trap another sheep another and so on and the pack will keep patrolling as if nothing happened effectively splitting themselves apart.

Anyway, a lot of people don't know this yet so I am going to give you a couple rep for bringing this to people's knowledge, but at this point with the new mechanics I don't really see it as an exploit, just an evolution of Blizz's latest dumbing down of the skill lvl needed to play WOW. +2rep
    FYI, they just fixed a similar bug not so long ago, mby 2 months or so ago. If this is not a exploit than I don't get why the other one got fixed, cause this almost works the same, except you gotta pull/trap a moving patrol than use ability to exit combat and it stays CCed and when you attack it the linked pack does not come to you and kill you, for example there would be a hard pack in any future raid that would drop epics and are only killable with a grp it might be killable solo this way, especially if you're a hunter and got a tanking pet and BM specced.

But I just tested this out now again on the Elementals in Firelands (Small ones linked to the Unbound Pyrelord) and when I FD the trapped one untraps and runs back.

Traxex84's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CC doesn't pull anymore.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by maggibesti View Post
    But I just tested this out now again on the Elementals in Firelands (Small ones linked to the Unbound Pyrelord) and when I FD the trapped one untraps and runs back.
    It does indeed work on these mobs as well as any other that are trapable i even have a screenshot with the mobs you are talking about in the original post it is simply hard to time the feign correctly.

Simplified Version: Yes this has limited uses in firelands because any soloable trash is snareable and can be aoed down with ease however if you can fine a place to use this in the future when this isnt the case then this will be of great value if it dosent get fixed by then.

joachim12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This doesn't seem to work for me, every time the trapped mob resets when I fd. Is it possible to make a video where you are showing it?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by joachim12 View Post
    This doesn't seem to work for me, every time the trapped mob resets when I fd. Is it possible to make a video where you are showing it?
    K i went through the trouble of uploading a video so it can be more clear. Link should be up later tonight.

‪Split Pull‬‏ - YouTube
    Last edited by Phexon; 07-16-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Snowee's Avatar яєтιяєd єχρℓσιтєя
    Thanks G/R
    72/191
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that deservs rep! +2

joachim12's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Phexon View Post
    K i went through the trouble of uploading a video so it can be more clear. Link should be up later tonight.

‪Split Pull‬‏ - YouTube
    Thanks a lot m8, now I understand how you do it +rep for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast