2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[DK] EPIC /dump macro for UH PvP **updated 08-19-09

** Updated on 08-19-09 to v1.1 - delete the old macros and use the new ones

History:
    v1.1: Complete rewrite. Removed some redundancies and made the macro's logic much cleaner and more elegant. Also added a change in behaviour: with all diseases applied the macro will now favour PS over IT but only with UH (not Death) runes. This provides better Desecration uptime and saves valuable Frost/Death runes for when you are seperated from melee range. Also added jt12852's command that prevents macro sync to the recommendations.
    v1.0: Initial release

Let's start with a little Q/A.

Q: Why don't you GTFO of the explout section with your macro shit, there's an extra sections for this stuff?!
    A: Well i thought about putting it there, but i believe abusing the /dump possibilities as hard as this macro does is basically just like cheating, so imho the exploits can be the only correct section for this.

Q: Ok, so what the hell is this?
    A: It's a pretty complex and evolved macro abusing the /dump exploit. It is not meant for the old SS-based UH PvP spec, but for the relatively new DC-based Unholy PvP spec that doesn't use/spec Scourge Strike at all, which, according to the AJ DK Forums, is the up-and-coming PvP spec post 3.2. For more information about it simply look it up at AJ forums. A small note: this spec can ofc only work i you have Sigil of the Vengeful Heart! It's obtainable through Emblems of Conquest though, so that's not a real problem.

Q: GREAT STORY BRO, but wtf does it actually do?
    A: It basically manages all your rune-based damaging abilities with one button, and it does so really effectively. Unlike a simply castsequence macro the use of all abilities is bound to certain conditions, which let's you put up a perfect rune-based damage "rotation" at all times while simply pushing a singly key.
    For the people interested in the technical details, i have made a chart showing the underlying logic of the macro:

For the lazy ones that don't want to try and understand the chart, what it comes down to is basically:
    With no BP (or no diseases at all) on the Target: PS if available UH or Death rune else IT if available Frost rune else BS
    With no FF but active BP on the target: IT if available Frost or Death rune else PS if available UH rune else BS
    With applied diseases: PS if available UH rune else IT if available Frost or Death rune else BS

Q: Well, since DC is the primary nuke of this spec, why didn't you include it in the macro?
    A: Because DC is using RP instead of runes and RP management is something VERY situational that can only be done effectively by a human being making decisions. Including DC in the macro wouldn't be hard actually, but the only real use of that would be having a great macro for botting. Meh.

Q/A ENDS HERE :O

First of all, you really should use this macro once everytime you relog:
    /dump loadstring("DevTools_DumpCommand = (function(msg) loadstring(msg)() end)") ()
    It was posted by Aeron in the original /dump thread. It prevents /dump to spam your chat frame like crazy, so it's basically a must have.

Also:
    Originally Posted by jt12852 View Post
    Anyone who wishes to abuse protected functions with a /dump exploit in macros should first ensure that their macros are not being stored on Blizzard's servers. To do so, use the following command:
    Code:
    /console synchronizeMacros 0
    This only needs to be done once per account per computer/WoW installation.

So, let's get to it, here are the macros (15 overall!). Make sure you name the macros exactly like i did, or this will not work. I cannot stress this point enough!
    Macro Name: Spam
    /dump loadstring("local p = IsSpellInRange(\"Plague Strike\", \"target\") if (p == 0) then CastSpellByName(\"Icy Touch\") else RunMacro(\"BP\") end") ()

Macro Name: BP
    /dump loadstring("if (not UnitDebuff(\"target\", \"Blood Plague\")) then RunMacro(\"DUR1\") else RunMacro(\"FF\") end") ()

Macro Name: FF
    /dump loadstring("if (not UnitDebuff(\"target\", \"Frost Fever\")) then RunMacro(\"DFR1\") else RunMacro(\"UR1\") end") ()

Macro Name: BPleft
    /dump loadstring("if (not UnitDebuff(\"target\", \"Blood Plague\")) then CastSpellByName(\"Blood Strike\") else RunMacro(\"FFleft\") end") ()

Macro Name: FFleft
    /dump loadstring("if (not UnitDebuff(\"target\", \"Frost Fever\")) then RunMacro(\"UR1\") else CastSpellByName(\"Blood Strike\") end") ()

Macro Name: BPright
    /dump loadstring("if (not UnitDebuff(\"target\", \"Blood Plague\")) then RunMacro(\"FR1\") else RunMacro(\"FFright\") end") ()

Macro Name: FFright
    /dump loadstring("if (not UnitDebuff(\"target\", \"Frost Fever\")) then CastSpellByName(\"Blood Strike\") else RunMacro(\"DFR1\") end") ()

Macro Name: DFR1
    /dump loadstring("local _,_,c = GetRuneCooldown(\"1\") if (GetRuneType(\"1\") == 4) and (c == true) then CastSpellByName(\"Icy Touch\") else RunMacro(\"DFR2\") end") ()

Macro Name: DFR2
    /dump loadstring("local _,_,d = GetRuneCooldown(\"2\") if (GetRuneType(\"2\") == 4) and (d == true) then CastSpellByName(\"Icy Touch\") else RunMacro(\"FR1\") end") ()

Macro Name: FR1
    /dump loadstring("local _,_,a = GetRuneCooldown(\"5\") if (a == true) then CastSpellByName(\"Icy Touch\") else RunMacro(\"FR2\") end") ()

Macro Name: FR2
    /dump loadstring("local _,_,b = GetRuneCooldown(\"6\") if (b == true) then CastSpellByName(\"Icy Touch\") else RunMacro(\"BPleft\") end") ()

Macro Name: DUR1
    /dump loadstring("local _,_,i = GetRuneCooldown(\"1\") if (GetRuneType(\"1\") == 4) and (i == true) then CastSpellByName(\"Plague Strike\") else RunMacro(\"DUR2\") end") ()

Macro Name: DUR2
    /dump loadstring("local _,_,j = GetRuneCooldown(\"2\") if (GetRuneType(\"2\") == 4) and (j == true) then CastSpellByName(\"Plague Strike\") else RunMacro(\"UR1\") end") ()

Macro Name: UR1
    /dump loadstring("local _,_,g = GetRuneCooldown(\"3\") if (g == true) then CastSpellByName(\"Plague Strike\") else RunMacro(\"UR2\") end") ()

Macro Name: UR2
    /dump loadstring("local _,_,h = GetRuneCooldown(\"4\") if (h == true) then CastSpellByName(\"Plague Strike\") else RunMacro(\"BPright\") end") ()

Have fun using this while it lasts. This whole /dump shit is ****in insane.

Greets, gifted
    Last edited by gifted; 08-19-2009 at 12:25 PM.

[DK] EPIC /dump macro for UH PvP
    T@rget's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice but that's next one you made then? you just put them in your action bar and press them all in a row?

l89mgear's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You only put "Spam" in your action bar and use that.

I'm suprised that this isn't already hotfixed, guess I'll make one for warlocks too

Saphirrot's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guess I'll make one for warlocks too
    make one for palas please

Ssateneth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Saphirrot View Post
    make one for palas please
    palas just faceroll and do 8k dps nuf said

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went through and made them all, grabbed the right spec, bound the Spam to actionbar 1, nothing happened. Bartender was erroring like crazy about an illegal command. Turned off all addons and tried again, nothing happened.

Seems to me this is already fixed, unless I missed something. The only thing that did happen was the chat spam unless you use that first line of code lol.

boed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works like a charm, i think. I get prints that say "empty result", is something wrong?

milopeach's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work man, Love to see one for a Hunter thought.

Neer's Avatar Trend Rider Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    177/828
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow you really had to make dk's faceroll didn't you?

gifted's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Heftydogg View Post
    Went through and made them all, grabbed the right spec, bound the Spam to actionbar 1, nothing happened. Bartender was erroring like crazy about an illegal command. Turned off all addons and tried again, nothing happened.

Seems to me this is already fixed, unless I missed something. The only thing that did happen was the chat spam unless you use that first line of code lol.
    The macro still works fine. My best guess is that you did some small mistake somewhere when creating and copy-pasting the macros. The names of the macros have to be exactly the same name that i have, or it won't work.

Originally Posted by boed View Post
    Works like a charm, i think. I get prints that say "empty result", is something wrong?
    That's normal. You can prevent the chat frame spamming with executing the first macro i posted once everytime you log into the game.

Originally Posted by alche001 View Post
    I think i should have included the word "faceroll" somewhere in the thread's title
    Last edited by gifted; 08-18-2009 at 06:13 AM.

Aeron`'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all those macro's you can remove the loadstring("")() parts and the '\' before the '"' 's. (Except the first one) it saves a little macro room.

So the 'Spam' macro would be like:

Code:
    /dump local p = IsSpellInRange("Plague Strike", "target") if (p == 0) then CastSpellByName("Icy Touch") else RunMacro("BP") end
    Last edited by Aeron`; 08-18-2009 at 06:38 AM.

Maisteri's Avatar That spoiler guy
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by alche001 View Post
    What you mean? "make"?

We were already facerolling but now we only have to use one finger and not the whole face! Thanks gifted!

Aegan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried this with my DK, all addons uninstalled and such to be sure there's nothing affecting it. Doesn't work. So far, the only macro that actually DOES work 100% for me is the one that prevents chat frame spam. All of these have been copied and pasted perfectly, checked and re-checked.

TEST1: Created all macros as they are shown in this guide. Did not work.

TEST2: Tried the macro series again, changed the BP macro to say "lolz" instead of using the FR1 macro. It worked every time.

These two tests tell me that /dump commands will work on unprotected functions such as chat and emotes, but not on protected functions, such as spells.

I believe Heftydogg is also seeing the same results I am.

Zazs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/21
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I created all the makros, copy&pasted them from here directly, clicked the anti chat spam makro and then the spam one but nothing happens.

Mordecai91's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this is fun! :P Thanks man, +rep for u.

Edit: typo
    Last edited by Mordecai91; 08-18-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast