0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Pictures] On Ruby Wings - Easy experience

As you know, during the quest On Ruby Wings (On Ruby Wings - Quest - World of Warcraft) you're given the item Ruby Beacon of the Dragon Queen, allowing you to summon a Wyrmrest Vanquisher every 30 seconds to ride on as a siege vehicle.

There are pre-quests to this... Except my memory's been a little blanked from Christmas, bloody fatigue...

Why bother killing 30 ghouls and handing it in when you can take a detour and kill the Rotting Storm Giants for 2k experience normal at level 72?

Well, I found that using Engulfing Fireball (12000 damage) will stop him from granting EXP, but be sure to land right next to him (800 damage melee hit from him) and use Flame Fury. It takes at most 3 channels to kill the mob, 15k mana, which of course you have Devour Ghoul for replenishing.

Of course, there's only about 12 of these rotting spawned at a time, and they take a while to respawn, so you'll have to entertain yourself during the 3 to 5 minute respawn (You own books and handheld consoles/mobile phones, surely?) but these things are alot quicker to kill than completling a quest, so 24k exp (48k rested) every 5 minutes is better than questing.

Oh, I forgot to mention these guys tend to drop 60+ silver, it's not much, but that extra... 7 gold 20.. Wow.. Every 5 minutes could get you... Some new arrows maybe, a few repairs? Use your imagination :P

Apologies if this is a repost, I searched "Wyrmrest Vanquisher" "On Ruby Wings" "Rotting Storm Giants" and found nothing. Flame on if it is. Don't bother wasting one of your limited +reps on me unless you feel it necessary, I don't collect.

So uhh... Enjoy the exploit. I doubt Blizzard intended on this at all.

Useful Links:

On Ruby Wings (Quest): On Ruby Wings - Quest - World of Warcraft
    Ruby Beacon of the Dragon Queen (Usable item): Ruby Beacon of the Dragon Queen - Item - World of Warcraft
    Wyrmrest Vanquisher (Siege vehicle): Wyrmrest Vanquisher - NPC - World of Warcraft
    Flame Fury (Spell you HAVE to use on the mob): Flame Fury - Spell - World of Warcraft
    Rotting Storm Giant (Mob you kill): Rotting Storm Giant - NPC - World of Warcraft
    Last edited by Kaitech; 12-26-2008 at 06:15 PM.

[Pictures] On Ruby Wings - Easy experience
    321321's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will probly get moved to elite if its not a repost
    Not going to try it im doing 21k xp 5mins and dont want to go try something that may give less. (Been higher level)

reboots's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought you don't get the RaF exp bonus after lvl 60

Mewhywhy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ai u dont get raf XP after 60 anymore.. no clue why he said that :P

geo1910's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This work i came across this several days ago as well. Its slow because the giants dont die right away. Still some nice xp

frkshlyweird832's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there a horde equivalent to this?
    pewpew!
    ow.

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both horde and alliance should get this quest. Its from wyrmrest.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Kaitech's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I wrote this at 3 in the morning after a freaking knackering Christmas, so screw the whole "RaF = 72k", but rested still gives 48k.

Geo, the giants die within 30 seconds, my summoning item still has a few seconds cooldown left when I jump off, giving me a few seconds to loot it then mount up.

I'm sure this can't be a repost, I checked multiple keywords (As I said)

Modsiw's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice trick, I will try it out.

Kaitech's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I've just sat here, while blanking out my name on an SS I got for you, yay, and I'm just confirming that the Storm Giants have an 8 minute respawn timer.

I dunno about this, but it could vary depending on your server population.

Humm... Still not that bad for EXP considering your average "Collect 15 of these from mobs" would likely take you 10 minutes depending on class an level...

Dunno if you can see that very well or not, but it says "Rotting Storm Giant dies, you gain 4342 experience (+2171 exp Rested Bonus)"

Last edited by Kaitech; 12-26-2008 at 09:11 AM.

Kaitech's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BUMP>

I found another exploit, "How to stop the Rotting Storm Giant attacking you"

This has plenty of uses, low health, low mana are the two main reasons I've used it.

It involves a simple and very easy line-up with the Dragons Beard thingy and the Storm Giant's head.

Once you have these 2 touching or on the same line (Still very close) the giant just stands there, attempting to attack you but failing to melee or ranged attack you. Probably something to do with Line of Sight.

I'll get an SS up soon, almost level 73 :P

kazi88's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry if im a bit late but i've only seen this thread just now and i must say, this is imba! ^^

Kaitech's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late? It's never too late :P

I've been doing this for a total of 5 hours and went from 7 bars to 18 and a half bubbles, then remembered I have late Christmas emails that needed sending

Captions say "You have to be aiming down so the Yellow Bubble is as close to the Storm Giant as possible!" and "An alternative is land so the dragon's ass is in the storm cloud :P"

EDIT: As time goes on, in other words as I level I'll note how long how long it should take to ding the whole 100%. For now eat 72 --> 73! (1555700 / 24000) x 8 = 518.5666r / 60 = 8.642777r. That means it should take you around 8 hours and 40 minutes to go from 72 to 73. I know that sounds slow, but if it's in rested...

Last edited by Kaitech; 12-26-2008 at 06:21 PM.

epx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 hours.. bro normal questing is like 3-4 hours per level. i will say ur trick is nice for lazy people but its not a fast method.

Kaitech's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 to 4 hours questing? What are you, super heavy gamer or telling lies? It takes me 10 hours per level questing... Unless of course you can prove to me that carting all over the place with at most 8 to 14 quests each horde place in Dragonblight takes you around 3 to 4 hours. I find leveling with questing rather slow in Northrend to tell you the truth.

EDIT: (1571800 / 23820) x 8 / 60 = 8.79. You're looking at around 8 hours 50 minutes to ding from this. 4 hours 25 if your whole bar is rested.

I'm stopping grinding these guys now, moving to Grizzly Hills but I'll continue to murder one each level and tell you the EXP I get and update how long it will take
    Last edited by Kaitech; 12-26-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast