Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boost Your Arena Personal Rating Exploit!

BEFORE I EVEN BEGIN THE EXPLANATION!!!
    This is not intended for those with really high team/personal ratings!!!
    This is intended for those who can't quite get the personal rating needed for a certain piece of gear!
    *EDIT* I almost forgot... Season 4 arena gear (Brutal Gladiator's) is coming up in the near future. Arena team ratings are supposed to be reset when that happens, so..... this will be useful for everyone pretty much. Since you will all be starting at 1500 again, just a little bit of time will get you a boost and on your way to getting those brutal shoulders and weapon requirements for your personal rating faster!

With that said... I believe this to honestly be a bit of common sense, but I didn't think it to be well known because so far, I've seen no one using this idea to their advantage, so on with the show.

As you may know, in patch 2.4.0, Blizzard reworked the arena system and had the arena system determine who you are matched against based upon personal rating instead of team rating if there was a 150 or more point difference between team and personal rating.

**Heres How to Use this System to Your Advantage**

I'm sure most after seeing this patch thought that Blizzard had taken away the exploits in the arena system. Infact, in theory, they have added one. A simple way to boost your personal rating by almost 150 points. Here's how.

1. Get a team of some sort, 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5. (for my example I'll use a 2v2)
    2. Player 1 signs on a team with Player 2. The team rating and Player 1 and Player 2's personal ratings are all at 1500.
    3. Now, simply lower the team rating almost 150 points under 1500. Get your rating AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to 1350 WITHOUT going under it.
    4. Player 1 passes the team arena leader to Player 2.
    5. Player 1 leaves the arena team and is then invited back on by Player 2.
    6. Player 2 promotes Player 1 to arena leader again and leaves and rejoins as Player on previously did.
    7. Let's say the team rating was 1351. Now both players have a 1351 TEAM rating while their PERSONAL ratings are reset to 1500.
    8. Since their personal ratings are still within the 150 point margin, they should still be queued to arena teams based upon their TEAM arena rating.

This means... if you were able to previously get up to an 1800 rating before, you can get your team rating now to 1800, and have a 1949 personal rating.

As I said before, this is not recommended for those who already have outrageous team and personal ratings as it involves starting over. BUT... for those who are struggling to get a piece of gear based upon personal rating, this could be the boost you need. 150 points is a major difference when you look at it. To anyone who has played arena in different brackets, you know the difference between facing 1500 rated opponents, and 1650 rated opponents.

Hope this helps some people to get that piece of gear they've been working hard towards. Remember, the key is to fiddle around and get it as close to 1350 as possible without actually hitting 1350 or going under it.

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by dnick454; 06-05-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Boost Your Arena Personal Rating Exploit!
    lolshiv's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common sense but GG for posting

axxo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah i didn't know this Thks for postin

dnick454's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is, true, but I have yet to see a single person use it advantageously in arena, so I figured may aswell post it. Most people only know about the drawbacks of the 150 point system, and not the reverse ways to play it to your "personal" use.
    Rofl, that was a good pun >_>

sokagos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yah.. thats help the lowbeys.

dnick454's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sokagos View Post
    yah.. thats help the lowbeys.
    It can help anyone. I just think that if you have a 2k+ personal rating already, there's no need to do this. But by all means you could if you wanted to.

Ohh, just remembered, with S4 coming up soon, teams get reset, this will help everyone actually, gotta edit original thread.

valiliv's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do all these "arena exploit" threads have lots of different color red green etc fonts?

at least this one doesnt have major errors or total bullshit

however... your PR changes relative to the avg PR of the team you defeated. So when you beat a 1350 team, you'll get 15 TR but much less PR, maybe 9. And so on, until your PRs match your TRs. it doesnt stay at a static 150 difference as you go up in team ratings.

even if it did work, BOTH TR and PR need to be above the required number (eg 1850) to get a certain item. so even getting a PR of 1949 with a TR 1800 still only gets you items from 1800, and points from 1800 - the 1949 is completely meaningless and useless
    Last edited by valiliv; 06-06-2008 at 12:00 AM.

Delicoustbag's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havn't tested this in a while, but if your team rating is lower than your personal rating your personal rating will gain less points than the team rating.

say you have a 1350 team rating, and a 1500 personal,
    you beat a team that gives 15 points, well you will only gain ~3-5 personal rating points.
    at least that's how it was BEFORE the changes, if i'm wrong, sorry in advance.

also works vice versa, if you join an 1850 team, and have a personal rating of 1500,
    you will gain about 20-30 personal points compared to the 10-15 the team gains

JCdenton's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if the team rating is 1351, your personal rating doesnt matter. you will play 1351 rated teams. As such, your personal rating will go up by less than the team rating, since it is calculated as though your team won at your personal rating (for the change to PR, not team rating). By the time you reach 1800s, especially if you lose some on the way, your PR will be nearly the same same as the team rating.

And also i heard that you had to have a team rating AND personal rating of 2k to buy things? can someone confirm that?

bigbadpotatoe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its well known though

macnut's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been Posted on many sites, but now in 2.4.2 its been nerfed. Tried the other day with an alt as before with couple before, only to find it no longer works.

RyudoP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems like fail..
    Don't you need BOTH personal and team rating in order to purchase an item?..
    Also, it's not like team rating and personal rating will grow at the same rate when they aren't even. So this is useless.

Igsy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to say thanks for this, since I know nothing about the arena, so I didn't know it already even though some people may have already.
    "A little pink goes a long way."

Photoshop Roxx. :lmao:

khaneliman's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post, might try it.

doodlol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice exploit you've found there, it seems like it would work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast