Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running a Walljumping version of WoW ( between 2.0.1 - 2.4.2? )

Hello. I am in desperate need to walljump like I once did in TBC, but unfortunately that form of walljumping bug only appeared after 1.12.1 (possibly 2.0.1?) and I believe was fixed around 2.4. That means that all vanilla and TBC private servers don't have walljumping in them. I've been spending days now trying to figure out a way to get this working, but it's extremely frustrating with all the dead links dating back to 2007/08.

So I've been trying to get any version working before 2.4.3, preferably 2.3.3. After many many hours learning and figuring crap out, I ended up with mangos-one working with 2.4.3 as the latest version of mangos only works with 2.4.3. But that is too far ahead! I've found references to the WoW build number in the mangos code and I've changed that to other versions to try and connect with an older client version, but when I try to connect I either disconnect straight away or sit at "Validating game version", so I guess there's no version flexibility at all. IIRC correctly mangosd.exe logged incorrect parameters in the authentication request.

I gave up trying to connect using different client version and eventually found an old svn of the mangos-one repository at p/mangos/code - Revision 6767: /trunk, and found revision 5651 commit notes say "Update to version 2.4.1", so I got the code from that revision. Build was successful, but I am stuck at the sql scripts part. There's over 600 in the upgrades folder and there's no method of combining them. I can't just lump them in one file since I also need to run each of them under the correct table. I'm not even sure if i'm on the right path.

Also, where can I get the database from? Will 2.4.3 database work with a previous version?

I'm currently using mySql with SQLyog.

Is there anyone our there who has any advice? Or perhaps an alternative to mangos? Maybe someone out there has a repack of a 2.0.1 - 2.3.3 server?
    Last edited by bobsir; 04-14-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Running a Walljumping version of WoW ( between 2.0.1 - 2.4.2? )
    bobsir's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SUCCESS! I am walljumping ironforge like I was in 2007! Lots of trial and error and many hundreds of dead links.

I've managed to find 2.4.2 ascent server, which worked and I was able to connect to it, however it seems that walljumping was fixed in 2.4 completely. So I must go further back and get an older version. By some miracle of the internet gods a filedump link still existed to this day! It was a 2.3 ascent server, but unfortunately had no db or mysql stuff. I was able to run the 2.4.2 mysql and database with the 2.3 login and server.
    Ascent 2.3 found here: [Ascent] Server Files (Last Update: 12/16/07) - RaGEZONE - MMO development community
    Which was linked from here: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...e-golanka.html (How to make a ascent 2.3.0 server (Made By Golanka))

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on any TBC install disks which I need, because the only TBC available I can find is a preinstalled 2.4.3. I've installed using vanilla disks and patched to 2.3.3, but it does not have TBC intalled, and logging in faills. I found a hackish workaround by simply copying expansion.mpq into the data folder... but it has bad side effects. IT also crashes when trying to get to black temple, so I need to get TBC iso's somewhere for a proper installation of 2.3.

Server is very dodge though and there are no items or anything, so all you can do is walljump. I haven't tried to walljump anywhere but IF and stormwind so far, but I will post back here if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by bobsir; 04-15-2014 at 08:56 PM.

bloodraw08's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work, and good job posting how to do it!
    +rep
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot

Zave Demonte's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way to join your server or perhaps upload the files needed, since most of the links and files are dead?

karliky's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    6/27
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bobsir View Post
    SUCCESS! I am walljumping ironforge like I was in 2007! Lots of trial and error and many hundreds of dead links.

I've managed to find 2.4.2 ascent server, which worked and I was able to connect to it, however it seems that walljumping was fixed in 2.4 completely. So I must go further back and get an older version. By some miracle of the internet gods a filedump link still existed to this day! It was a 2.3 ascent server, but unfortunately had no db or mysql stuff. I was able to run the 2.4.2 mysql and database with the 2.3 login and server.
    Ascent 2.3 found here: [Ascent] Server Files (Last Update: 12/16/07) - RaGEZONE - MMO development community
    Which was linked from here: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...e-golanka.html (How to make a ascent 2.3.0 server (Made By Golanka))

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on any TBC install disks which I need, because the only TBC available I can find is a preinstalled 2.4.3. I've installed using vanilla disks and patched to 2.3.3, but it does not have TBC intalled, and logging in faills. I found a hackish workaround by simply copying expansion.mpq into the data folder... but it has bad side effects. IT also crashes when trying to get to black temple, so I need to get TBC iso's somewhere for a proper installation of 2.3.

Server is very dodge though and there are no items or anything, so all you can do is walljump. I haven't tried to walljump anywhere but IF and stormwind so far, but I will post back here if anyone is interested.

Hello Bobsir

I've been desperately searching for a pre-1.9 version of WoW to wall walk again, but all I found was dead links and really old stuff that doesn't work.

I have an Alpha version where I can teleport de player but this is not fun at all.

Did you managed to set up a server for WoW 2.3?

Thank you so much in advance, you are my last chance.