0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need Port forwarding help!

Hello I finally switched over to Trinity and I need help with port forwarding it is so confusing.

I need Port forwarding help!
    Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HelpzPlease's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    I mean how to put the IPs in the Worldconfig and all that..

ConnorJ's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HelpzPlease View Post
    I mean how to put the IPs in the Worldconfig and all that..
    <WorldDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "ascent" Name = "world" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
    <CharacterDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "ascent" Name = "characters" Port = "3306" Type = "1">

<Listen Host = "127.0.0.1"
    WorldServerPort = "8129">

You need to go into your router on your internet by going to http://192.168.0.1/ (may be a bit different use cmd.exe and type in ipconfig and look for default gateway, type that into http bar on internet)
    then sign in, for virgin media users it's "Username = admin Password = changeme" then go into advanced settings then scroll down and click port forwarding, I will post a list of all the ports you need to forward, for the IP adress that you forward from, when you use cmd.exe and type in ipconfig its the IPv4 Adress (it'll look something like this) I need Port forwarding help!-ip-png where \ is your IP for your computer, the list for the ip's you need to forward is

3724-3724
    80-80
    3306-3306
    8129-8129
    8093-8093
    6112-6112
    6881-6999
    3036-3036
    8050-8050

If you can on your routers port forwarding page, forward UDP & TCP, if not you will have to do them all separate. Then click apply after ticking enable on all the connections. Then you should set your realmlist to your IP to find this go to What Is My IP ® | Shows Your IP Address. it will say in bold letters what your ip adress is. To get to realmlist go into your WoW directory > WTF folder > Config

It should look something like this SET locale "enUS"
    SET realmList "xx.xx.xx.xxx" on the first line, Change the xx's to your ip adress.

Open Mysql first then logon.exe then world.exe and all should work, if you have no realms yet, create one in your server > realm.conf

for an example of what the realms will look like look at this screenshot -> I need Port forwarding help!-realms-png The black box being where you put in your realm name, if adding more than 1 realm be sure to change the RealmCount = "1"> at the top to however many realms you want. Hope this is helpful.

PS. I don't take any credit for this information, This is how I set my server up.

chronic7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for the response to this thread. Thanks to google search and you I am now going to open the ports on my router and make my test server public. Thank you!