Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red question marks

Hey,
    If I add new Items, I have the problem with the Red question marks.

I have already found an addon, that fixes this problem, but not everything:

Things are now displayed normally, but weapons-auto-attack-icon in the action bar is still a red question mark.
    And you cannot equip items using right click.

Any other addon to fix this?

And I saw a tutorial about DBC Editing to fix this, but I can't find it anymore, is it somewhere?

Regards and thanks in advance!

Red question marks
    Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One workaround is if you use a rarely used item and change the details of that as opposed to create a new one. The game checks for a displayID in the dbc files and the only displayIDs that work are the ones used by Blizzard. That way you will be able to use that displayID.

Alternatively, you can add rows to the DBC file "itemdisplayinfo.dbc" and create a patch file with that dbc file in it. I can't recall the exact way of the top of my head but it's rather easy to do. I only know of Cromon's editor that can add rows, the rest I've tried could only edit current ones.

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

Someguy123's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    One workaround is if you use a rarely used item and change the details of that as opposed to create a new one. The game checks for a displayID in the dbc files and the only displayIDs that work are the ones used by Blizzard. That way you will be able to use that displayID.

Alternatively, you can add rows to the DBC file "itemdisplayinfo.dbc" and create a patch file with that dbc file in it. I can't recall the exact way of the top of my head but it's rather easy to do. I only know of Cromon's editor that can add rows, the rest I've tried could only edit current ones.
    OK, ill try this. So there's no need to change the DBC files on the server? Only the client DBCs and then pass the patch to the users?

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Someguy123 View Post
    OK, ill try this. So there's no need to change the DBC files on the server? Only the client DBCs and then pass the patch to the users?
    I don't think you need to, been a while since I did it. Actually, to get the correct visual you only need to change the client dbc file but to make it function properly you might need it in the server dbc files as well. They should be the same so just copy over. Remember to remove your cache folder in between changes or you will not see the visual change.

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify Reflection.

A possible workaround is to edit a currently existing item, Frost Tiger Blade for example. You can modify everything on it like normal, but it will still have the Frost Tiger Blade icon instead of the Red Question Mark.

This method is by far the most simple and convenient way to accomplish this.

Method two requires adding rows with the information on the entry IDs to the extracted itemdisplayinfo.dbc file. This requires a mpq patch to be in all clients connecting to the server to run correctly.
    hey ervyone whats up gamboys

Someguy123's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Minisword View Post
    To clarify Reflection.

A possible workaround is to edit a currently existing item, Frost Tiger Blade for example. You can modify everything on it like normal, but it will still have the Frost Tiger Blade icon instead of the Red Question Mark.

This method is by far the most simple and convenient way to accomplish this.

Method two requires adding rows with the information on the entry IDs to the extracted itemdisplayinfo.dbc file. This requires a mpq patch to be in all clients connecting to the server to run correctly.
    Yes, I know but I want to leave everything as it is and just add my items
    Thank you guys, I found a great tutorial on this site: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...om-titles.html

Uhm, yeah, gna try this now