0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Request] The perfect private server

I wonder, is there such a private server Repack where its 97%+bugless PVP wise.
    Where people can do arenas and not worry about wound poison not working, trinket cyclone not working and etc.
    If there is such a repack can someone link it here and i will personally host a server on it.
    The reason i`m asking is cuz its kinda like hoples but you know miracles happen on christmas.

[Request] The perfect private server
    latruwski's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry there is no such repack...

bugless pvp is far from complete yet... but there are repacks that provide balanced pvp and nice DB, scripts etc...
    Check the emulator releases section...i am sure you'll find a repack that you"ll like

Sounddead's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will never be anything bugless when it comes to private servers. You just gotta use what you got, learn from it, and try to contribute some stuff to make things better.

I live in a shoe

Calek's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on a perfect server right now.

I promise that I will not get it done. I'll let you know when I finish, but I would suggest instead you move on.

I really am working on the perfect server though. Hopefully everyone else is too.

Moral of the story is that sometimes it's ok to give up and walk away,lol. The pursuit of perfection is divine, but to expect to achieve perfection is futile!
    Last edited by Calek; 12-31-2008 at 11:36 AM.
    Frostwind enUS - 3x Blizz-Like PVE
    https://www.frostwind.info

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compile the latest Aspire hearthstone or Ascent, then install the latest NCDB and there ya go.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Pterosaur's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugless private servers will probably never exist, There will always bee bugs. I mean, the PET/MOUNT panel is still not done for Private servers....

Calek's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Venturer X View Post
    Bugless private servers will probably never exist, There will always bee bugs. I mean, the PET/MOUNT panel is still not done for Private servers....
    ? The panel works on ArcEmu 1884+ to be sure (if you mean the UI on character sheet)

Most mounts work (except the ones that have seats for other people)

Pets...well, they work fine until you log off lol
    Last edited by Calek; 12-31-2008 at 11:42 AM.
    Frostwind enUS - 3x Blizz-Like PVE
    https://www.frostwind.info

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy has made support for Vechiles so getting there.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Dodge's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect private servers won't ever exist, and that's for sure. Even with the best dev team, there will always be bugs, except if you play on a Blizzard server, and even there it isn't perfect, that is why they need to patch.

Rynam's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ranting

The reason why they do little patches instead of one big one is that so when people play on their servers with horrible connections, it won't take an entire day for them to download a patch that's like 20 GB. They could sit there and do all the fixes and shove it into one patch, but then nobody would want to or even could play because it would take them 3 hours. Who wants to download something for a game that will take 3 hours to finish. Me? No, and I'm pretty sure that if other people had to wait for 3 hours to download a patch for WoW, they would quit and delete wow off their computer. Yes, there are some bugs that slips by the blizz team, but after about three days of them poking around at the problem, that bug is no longer there. Anyway, at this point, I forgot what I was arguing about. I also want to say that as new stuff comes out onto WoW, the people that work on private emulators catch up pretty quickly. I've been going around on some of the Wotlk server's, and they have a lot of content already fixed and up. Most have Northrend up and running, maybe not all the mobs in place, but you have to give them creative license. Most have the DK's working as well, so somebody has already gotten the information and worked with it to fix problems. I could imagine that in a few months, Northrend will be working perfectly fine, even allowing people to fly to their heart's content. I could also see the new inscriptions profession working within a few months. I'm currently trying to find ways of making that happen. I've only been dealing with private servers for about a year now on my own, but I've already learned how to work with the sql database and fix a few problems. I've created custom content, custom vendors, fixed in-game problems, even worked on scripts for instances. If I've learned all this stuff in a year, imagine all the people who come into this and begin to learn just like me. Who nows, maybe our problems will be solved a lot sooner than you think!

jumboaffe's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wall of text crits for 10000000000

Greed's Avatar Angry 12yearolds FTL
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No perfect private server, Blizzard isnt even a perfect server, they update every week with fixes