0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best emu?

I use Acremu and I was wondering if ascent is bettor or if theres sumthing better than both. Links to websites would be cool to. Thanks ^^

Best emu?
    nickelo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well basicly, arcemu is ascent.Just a couple different changes in commands and core files here and there.
    Database Evolved Developer:wave:

willkill's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is better? Im not able to import a few files into arcemu so that might 'splain why

BrantX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say use whatever fits you best.
    If you want Blizz-Like with Stability and with a great Developer use Ascent.
    If you want a Fun-Realm, More Commands, and Updated-Alot Emulator use ArcEMU.
    If you want a 3.0.X Stableish Emulator with some tweaks maybe, use AspireCore(Dev).
    It all depends on how you want to use the Emulator.
    I prefer Ascent tho, I find the emulator to be very great and very well coded. Along with Stability and others, and it has Sun++ with them also along with alot of other Projects mainly for Ascent because well ascent just proves its point on having a great Emulator. I use it because it hardly crashes and give me like, no bugs. But the down part of it is that its not supported for 3.0.X yet, so yeah, if you want all the essence of Ascent and has 3.0.X supported with 3.0.X use Aspire, But if you want a 2.4.3 use Ascent. Also if you want a better server use Databases that are NCDB and WhyDB, They proved their point on how to bring the best of the best.

- BrantX

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BrantX View Post
    I say use whatever fits you best.
    If you want Blizz-Like with Stability and with a great Developer use Ascent.
    If you want a Fun-Realm, More Commands, and Updated-Alot Emulator use ArcEMU.
    If you want a 3.0.X Stableish Emulator with some tweaks maybe, use AspireCore(Dev).
    It all depends on how you want to use the Emulator.
    I prefer Ascent tho, I find the emulator to be very great and very well coded. Along with Stability and others, and it has Sun++ with them also along with alot of other Projects mainly for Ascent because well ascent just proves its point on having a great Emulator. I use it because it hardly crashes and give me like, no bugs. But the down part of it is that its not supported for 3.0.X yet, so yeah, if you want all the essence of Ascent and has 3.0.X supported with 3.0.X use Aspire, But if you want a 2.4.3 use Ascent. Also if you want a better server use Databases that are NCDB and WhyDB, They proved their point on how to bring the best of the best.

- BrantX
    I agree with you till you said "If you want Blizz-Like with Stability and with a great Developer use Ascent." which was the first sentance but hey, i'm no mangos fan, and I hate the commands etc, but i've played on mangos servers a lot recently, and they are probably the best for Blizzlike I think. Custom stuff just, no point trying on mangos, but blizzlike, they do it pretty darn good

Aznex's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    I agree with you till you said "If you want Blizz-Like with Stability and with a great Developer use Ascent." which was the first sentance but hey, i'm no mangos fan, and I hate the commands etc, but i've played on mangos servers a lot recently, and they are probably the best for Blizzlike I think. Custom stuff just, no point trying on mangos, but blizzlike, they do it pretty darn good
    Gotta agree with this

project anthrax's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arcemu Can get a little buggy but its my favorite
    removed by Unholy

Kalash47's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    --> MaNGOS.
    EmuTools.org - 3rd party MaNGOS Resource

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on the user personally as some people prefer mangos, some ascent all depends on the user and his experiance with either of them.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

latruwski's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 2dgreengiant View Post
    Depends on the user personally as some people prefer mangos, some ascent all depends on the user and his experiance with either of them.
    some even prefer kobold
    I am still on ascent (not arcemu, aspire or whatever) though ^^
    But as i used to use kobold and kobold is getting better i might use it again soon

Grevs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now I would say don't use any emulators. Go play on an already made server. Because you will end up being corrupted by peoples opinions emu wise not the facts nor knowledge of the coding of the emulator. Excluding High Ranked people who can code.

Mangos : Updated, descent up time, NCDB supported, C++ Coded, Based off WoWd Leak.
    Ascent : Rarely updated, stable, NCDB supported, C++ Coded, WoWd continued.
    Kobold : Stable, Being updated daily now, they have their own DB team, Based off WoWd.
    Arcemu : Updated but not great updates, descent stability, more for the features, based off OA or ascent.
    Aspire : Stable, Updated sometimes daily, Soon to be supported by NCDB, Based off Ascent, Mostly Working 3.0.3.
    Wcell : Coded in C# Core Wise, Script wise ASP.NET, Descent Stability, Development Stages.
    Last edited by Grevs; 11-11-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Clain's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wut about teh WCell?

Grevs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added.

Edited : Added information's about Wcell Thanks clain for reminding me.
    Last edited by Grevs; 11-10-2008 at 08:12 PM.

CoolManBob's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Grevs View Post
    Right now I would say don't use any emulators. Go play on an already made server. Because you will end up being corrupted by peoples opinions emu wise not the facts nor knowledge of the coding of the emulator. Excluding High Ranked people who can code.

Mangos : Updated, descent up time, NCDB supported, C++ Coded, Based off WoWd Leak.
    Ascent : Rarely updated, stable, NCDB supported, C++ Coded, Based off WoWd Leak.
    Kobold : Stable, Being updated daily now, they have their own DB team, Based off I have no clue never seen the source.
    Arcemu : Updated but not great updates, descent stability, more for the features, based off OA or ascent.
    Aspire : Stable, Updated sometimes daily, Soon to be supported by NCDB, Based off Ascent, Mostly Working 3.0.3.
    Wcell : Coded in C# Core Wise, Script wise ASP.NET, Descent Stability, Development Stages.

Ascent is not based off the WoWd Leak, Ascent is WoWd Continued. and Kobold is based off of a WoWd leak

latruwski's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ascent is still being updated alot
    IceAce Changelogs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast