Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAWL! (yet another wow launcher) (+source)

AutoIt Inside Warning [SPOILER]This things are fully done in autoit for personal needings, I know real programmers gonna say "script kiddie, autoit nubz, crappy language" and blah blah all that "I am a superior l33tzor and hate you" but:

Why AutoIt ?

- because IM NOT A PROGRAMMER or something even near to that, I dont know any programming language or similar. Moreover, I didnt even finished highschool and im a VERY poor guy who cant afford any kind of study but the self-learning way with the things I got in hand.

- because is EASY, FAST AND LIGHT.- and thats all what I need.
    If you need to dig a simple hole, why I would use a caterpillar hydraulic excavator for that when a shovel is more than enough? would be kinda fool no matter how much you wanna show off your skillz.

Im sharing for free, Im not selling this nor asking for rep, virtual-social status or any of those stupid kiddy things.. so if in any way this causes some kind of offense to you or your lionking-status feel threatened in someway, look for a wall and hit your head on it 10 times. Save your flaming words for people of your same level.
    [/SPOILER]

I've stopped playing wow (and any other gamer activity) like a year ago. Before, I tried to share this WoW autoit "tools" here but the greenies deleted my topic because the binaries where packed with themida.
    Now, before deletion, I took a time to share it again but this time without any pack and with the sourcecode just in case someone find it useful at least as examples or something..
    Sorry for the mess in the source, as said im not a programmer and sorry for the spanish comments that left, never took time to finish the "translations".

____________________________________________________________________________

YAWL!
    Yet Another WoW Launcher

Why I did this if there is thousands and zillions of realmlist managers out there?
    Simple, because customization.
    I never can found a realmlist manager to my needings. Or they are too “heavy” (.net framework requirements/based , java shits and that.. a caterpillar for a 2inch hole.)

Some quick features:

- Support for multiple clients. You can have a folder with TBC, another with Tlk 3.1.3, another with whatever version or custom version you alternately play, and this friend will (try to) auto select the right client according to the server version and automatically set the realm.
    - Auto client selection and realmlist set according to the selected Realm.
    IN short: Just select the server you want to play from the list and click RUN
    - Ability to export or import your server list, in .reg format
    - Internal "Ping" with timeout config. To check the selected server status without annoying long socket hangs and without being blocked.
    - Toolbar with some common and useful links, including the selected server webpage (if specified)

A quick view to the program:

A document is included inside the archive for more info about.

The DOWNLOAD LINK
    2 WowLauncher Versions included:

DOWNLOAD YAWL! << is the normal (legal) one
    (virtustotal scan result)

DOWNLOAD YAWL! Extended << is the same but including the wowemuhacker link and the”tools” tab wich is the antiafk.
    (the wowemuhacker icon wont appear if you never used weh in your system)
    (virtustotal scan result)

SOURCECODE DOWNLOAD

(links provided by GetDropbox)

Works on Vista? Windows 7 ? , vista 64? Cool looking resource eater bastard OS 2000 ? (click the spoiler)

[SPOILER]
    I personally installed every windows available in their 32 and 64 bits modes (learning purposes) and I can say the 3 programs posted here works correctly in all of them.
    But all of the programs posted here need admin rights to correctly run or get the full features.
    I repeat: No matter what windows version you have, YOU NEED ADMIN RIGHTS !
    its very common specially in windows vista and seven that you need to do the old "run as administrator" way.
    For that:

- Right Click the executable and select “properties” *
    - Go to the “compatibility” tab
    - Check the “Run this program as administrator” under the Privilege level option

done... you will get an annoying “are you sure you wanna let this program make changes in your pc” or something like that message but thats normal. Google for admin rights info and you will see its normal, maybe you can get also a way to disable that message on the way :P

If you are still having some problems, you can also try to enable the compatibility mode in the same tab and select any windows xp version (yes.. windows xp works as intended already)

* For windows xp you get the run as administrator option in the dropdown menu when right clicking the executable[/SPOILER]
    Last edited by elmauro; 06-11-2010 at 05:05 AM.

YAWL! (yet another wow launcher) (+source)
    Faulen's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish it used client 3.3.3 as well.

elmauro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bjparee View Post
    I wish it used client 3.3.3 as well.
    what do you mean? You can use this with any client.
    If you mean about the versions that shows when adding a new realm (realmlist manager > client version used by your server), those are some old pre-defined but you can select one of those OR specify(write) the desired/custom version used by your server.

wowsc4p3's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u can disable UAC to stop them annoying messages... it makes everything run as admin no prompt at all

Toffster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad, although this seems to me yet another launcher. There are more stylish and better looking ones out there. Perhaps you could work on the design and skin of it? Make it look a little more professional. If you do, there might be some rep coming from here.
    "There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."

elmauro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Save your rep
    Its clearly stated.
    - Im not selling/trading/praying for friends, just sharing.
    - This is a shove to dig a 2inch hole, turning it into a caterpillar would be extremly FOOL, no matter how used to that are this generation. Its a tool, not a "be something cool to make me feel sadly better"

nothing personal, just trying to explain the "why not".
    Source is included

Zaxer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its easy to learn Visual Basic man, I was 11 years old when I started programing in VB. I am 13 now and I have released some useful tools, I think you should try it out!

XinuX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the style of it more than most other launchers.
    Thanks for the contribution, +rep