Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Set up and Use a Repack

Hello Everybody! :wave:

I got interested in WoW Private Servers a long time ago, I was on a mac at the time so as you can imagine, things weren't all that easy for me, Eventually, I managed to get my very own private server up and running but I eventually got a bit bored. I decided to use a Funserver Repack, This repack contained everything I needed to keep me entertained, a mall, loads of custom NPCS and a little maze to keep me happy when things got really boring. But there was one small problem, I had no idea how to use a Repack, I searched and searched google and various other sites but I came up with Nothing! All the websites where I could download Repacks gave no information at all, I was stuck!
    Now, I understand this guide is for a small minority and I fully understand that some of you are saying "LOLOLOS, what a nub!!!!111" But the truth of the matter is, I was a noob at the time in terms of Emulating and I just wanted to write this guide to set everything straight. Anyway, Enjoy!

OK, lets start with the basics, what is a repack? A repack is basically an already compiled "out-of-the-box" World of Warcraft Private Server," It allows you to create a Private Server without requiring you to program not even one word into command promt.
    There are thousands of different Repacks, and I literally mean thousands. These are mostly made out of three types:

• Blizzlike
    • Funserver
    • PVP

A Blizzlike Server is a server which has all of the normal Blizzard rates and settings, for example, a blizzlike server would have the same drop rates and XP rates as the Live servers, Blizzlike servers are normally used for players who want to play the game properly but for some reason do not have access to Live Servers

A Funserver is exactly what it says on the tin, It is very fun, On a funserver, the rates are increased, for example, the drop rate may be 100 times more than the normal drop rate on the Live servers. Funservers contains Malls and Custom NPC's which make the server a more enjoyable place to play

A PVP server is a private server dedicated to PVP, they normally contain events and hold tournaments just like a live server would do. Depending on the PVP server, it may contain Custom Vendors who sell just PVP gear.

OK, For this guide, we will be using a Blizzlike server but for a great list of Repacks, go to Repacks [Archive] - MMO Professionals - World Of Warcraft Hacks, Bots, Emulators, Guides & Resources (I am sorry if I am not allowed to post links to what may be a rival site, please inform me if it is and I will remove it)

So, I am going to be using is the AC Web Ultimate Repack 9.0 (Google it )

Right, If you decide to use a different repack, then do not despair! For nearly all repacks have the same inside workings so this guide will work for nearly all repacks.
    The Repack is quite a big file so be patient while you are downloading, In fact, why don't you download Microsoft's Net Framework 3.5 off Which is required if you want to run the repack

Ok, Once you have downloaded the ".EXE" You are going to want to Go through the installer and extract the files to the "C:" Drive. I am unable to post screenshots for this part of the guide, sorry

Ok, now, navigate to the folder which you installed the Repack too.
    It should look like this:

Ok, Now you must click on the folder "Tools" then "Map Extractor" and your screen should look like this:

Ok, now you must navigate to your World of Warcraft directory. This varies on every computer but it is normally in the File "C:\ProgramFiles\WorldofWarcraft"
    You have to copy the "Maps" folder and the "ad.exe" program into your World of Warcraft folder. Like so:

Then you must Double click on "ad.exe" and a screen should come up which should look like:

This might take a long time depending on the speed of your computer, but it will work, just give it time!

Once that is done, you need to go back to your main Repack folder in your C: drive and click on the folder "Arcemu" Then you need to click on the folder "Configs" The only file we are interested in here is the "World.conf" file. Open this with Text Edit and it should look like so:

This file controls all the rates of the server.
    As you can see in the File, there are many different values and if you look at the third paragraph, you can see the word "Rates." look at this paragraph and you will start to notice some familiar things such as "DropRates" and "KillReputation."
    You can now change this to your liking, The rates on this Repack are set slightly high so if you want a Blizzlike server, then change all the Droprates to 1! Otherwise, you can change the rates to your hearts content but dont go too crazy otherwise it could crash the server or bug it and Mobs could not drop anything

Ok, once you are done editing this file, save it and leave it alone for now.
    Now, go back to the main Repack folder and click on the folder called "Server," From there, Just double click on the file "MySQL" and a window should pop up which looks like this:

Ok, leave this alone and minimize it, do not close it or the server will crash!

Now, go back to the main Repack folder again and click on the folder called "Arcemu," From there, you need to click on the two files called "Arcemu-World" and "Arcemu-Logonserver."
    Your computer screen should have these 3 windows open now and it should look like this:

You are nearly done, do not close those 3 windows! You can minimize them though

Ok, now we need to change your WoW realmlist so World of Warcraft connects to your private server rather than the Live Servers.
    You can do this by going to your World of Warcraft Server, from there, click on the folder called "Data," then go to "enGB" or "enUS" depending on your location. From there, you should find a File called "Realmlist.wtf." Open this with TextEdit and delete everything in there and replace it with this:
    Set realmlist 127.0.0.1

That is all! Save Realmlist.WTF and open WoW not by the Launcher but by the actual Application!

Login with the Username as "Admin" and the Password as "Admin"

From there, you can do whatever you want.
    A great list of Arcemu commands can be found at http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...ands-list.html

Thats all!
    I hope you enjoyed my guide and I will be happy to answer any questions or problems you have.
    Thanks again!

How to Set up and Use a Repack
    wowmachackerz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No replies?

Dacedric's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gear?

is there any code that lets me spawn gear and items?thanks in advance
    EDIT oh and do i have to run those 3 command prompts everytime i want to play WoW?
    Last edited by Dacedric; 10-22-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Pineapple23's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excuse me for bumping an old topic, but how do I add custom items to the DB?
    Great guide btw, really helped me out.
    Last edited by Pineapple23; 10-31-2010 at 09:46 AM.