Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[GUIDE] Making it Public With Hamachi (Fully Explained)

Hello this is my fully explained guide to making your server public with hamachi!

Guides like this are everywhere, but I’m trying to make this as easy as possible for a total new person to servers.

1. Programs Needed
    2. Making your Hamachi Network
    3. Fixing your files
    4. Fixing Database
    5. Realmlist

1. Programs Needed

Hamachi Link
    Navicat Link (Make sure you get lite

To make your server public so you and your friends and maybe some others to play on it, you need a few programs to make it work, First you need Hamachi which is what your server will be running of, hamachi does have a few flaws in the way everybody needs hamachi to play but it also protects your IP address making it harder for “Hackers” to well, hack you.

You will also need Navicat light which is needed later in the guide for fixing the database up a bit to make it work with your hamachi address.

Download the Hamachi & Navicat for your Operating System eg. Windows, Linux and Mac.

2. Making your Hamachi Network

Once you have installed Hamachi it should be on your computer’s desktop, if not do a search of just look in your Hamachi’s program files (C:/Program Files/Hamachi) once you have opened it, it should start connecting, once you have finished connecting you can start the next step, make sure you click the power button in the bottom left

Before we start the next step, copy the numbers at the top (the numbers starting with the 5) this will be the realm list, Okay in the bottom right on the hamachi program is this little triangle, well its got big circles in the corners and a big space in the middle, once you have clicked it select create network, choose any network name, but it must be easy so people can get onto it, and make an easy network password, because you need to tell people all of that to access your server.

3. Find your server’s files, which probably are on your desktop called MaNGOS, or in your C:/ Drive usually if you got a normal repack that’s where it should be, unless you got AC Web Repack’s or something(Yes, there are mangos ones) once you have found that, go into the main page in the folders and look for Realmd.config, open that up and look for this little area which is nearly at the bottom.

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;ascent;realmd"

Replace 127.0.0.1 with your hamachi address (the numbers starting with 5 at the top) but don’t replace anything else, not even the ‘ or ; bit because that is highly important and click file and save.

Now open Mangosd.config, and scroll down until you find

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;ascent;realmd"
    WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;ascent;mangos"
    CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;ascent;characters"

Replace the 127.0.0.1 bit with your hamachi address (the same numbers starting with 5 at the top of the hamachi program) then click file and save.

4. Now install Navicat if you haven’t already done that, and once its done, open it up and click connection, the user should be root the password has to be mangos or ascent (If you get an AC Web Repack for Mangos, they don’t change it) now click okay, look for the realmd on the side bar, once you have found that, double click it and then it should appear with accounts and stuff like that, and it should also have realm list, open that up and it should say ManGOS or something like that, then you should see those evil little numbers (127.0.0.1) and replace it with your hamachi address and now click on the name, and change it to whatever you want, or just leave it.

Close Navicat.

6. Realmlist and more.

Go into your World of warcraft folder, and click on the realm list.wtf, or look in World of warcraft/data for it, only for 3.0.2 it’s in Data.

Change the us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com if your us/oceanic to your hamachi address, now click save.

Now run your server, it should be 100% working if it didn’t work contact me and ill see what I can do to help you, or if its to hard to understand I can help you through it, just PM me

Thanks for reading!

[GUIDE] Making it Public With Hamachi (Fully Explained)
    Xhiz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In when i try to connect to root/localhost it says 2003 - Can't connect to mySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
    why?

Xhiz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in.....when between i should be navicat

lilsluger4837's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it keeps denying my logonserver.exe and the arc emu-world keeps timing out

slayer47's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When i run realmd it gives the error could not connect to mySQL database at 5.83.74.80: Cant connect to mySQL server on '5.83.74.80' <10060> can i get some help here?

kingjulian21's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guid rep + from me!

fccs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could have sworn I either heard a friend or read it some where that Hamichi was weak in the security. Like there was a back door to it....I duno.

Djfrederick's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try my guide of, i am sure it would help you out, with your problems! :wave:

dkgnome's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man i have a problem... when i start realmd it say me a error : host XXX is not allowed to connect to this mysql server.
    how can i resolve this problem? thanks

Djfrederick's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dkgnome View Post
    man i have a problem... when i start realmd it say me a error : host XXX is not allowed to connect to this mysql server.
    how can i resolve this problem? thanks
    You have made something wrong in your conf file.
    You can link me your conf files in my guide if you want, and i can help you out?

- Good luck :wave:

DeNeD's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can i replace the 127.0.0.1 to my external ip when i opend ports and so?

sithlord789's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your using Hamachi you don't need to open any ports, if you have a router then use another guide, since you won't need hamachi

darkmage4230's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having a slight problem, when I try to run realmd.exe and mangos.exe, I get the error, cannot connect to database. Says something else about not being allowed to connect, too. Any ideas? I edited the 127.0.0.1 address to my Hamachi address in both config files, once in realmd.conf and three times in mangos.conf and I also changed it in realmlist on Navicat. Any help is greatly appreciated

EDIT: I'm running everything as admin too, on Vista. Another question, where it says root;root, is that the username and password from MySQL that I set up earlier? So if I used a different username or password, I would have to change those?
    Last edited by darkmage4230; 11-29-2008 at 01:49 PM.