Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, am running the server fine but just one question. How do you get into a raid dungeon by yourself? You must be in a raid it says so how are you able to get into one with nobody else there?

EDIT: Ha, its been a while since i've made a private server. Forgot you gotta turn on GM mode. Sorry, just disregard this post.
    Last edited by Orion514; 05-28-2008 at 12:37 AM.

[GUIDE] Run a Mangos 2.4.2 server in 3 steps with the noobpack by 711
    fatmanpaddy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide..
    how do you mae custom items and them import them onto your database?

tomboliant's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey everything seems to be working fine except talents going up by 3 instead of 1 when you level up, any ideas?

nvm fixed it myself :P
    Last edited by tomboliant; 05-28-2008 at 05:37 AM.

ion's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thenks for the guide is very nice i got the server up and running very fast but i'm having very big problems editing the database can someone please explain to me how this thing is done i tried with the info in the forum but i'm not very experenced with this stuff . please help my with some detailed info if you can.

711's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ion, if you give details about your problem, I should be able to give you a detailed solution.

fatmanpaddy, You could try googling for a 2.4.2 item generator, or you could edit manually. I don't want to go into a lot of detail about that, but if you open sqlyog, open the item_template table in the mangosd database, you use the following steps to example, create a custom weapon.

1. find a weapon that looks the way you like. I chose the tempest keep axe "Devastation" for this example
    2. run the following query: select * from item_template where name like "%devastation%" (partial name is okay if you use this syntax)
    3. export the results into a .sql file using the esport button
    4. open the .sql file in note/wordpad and copy "insert into" and everything following to clipboard
    5. paste it in the sqlyog query window and change the first numerical value to something high like 70001 or 80001 (you'll see why later) and run the query
    6. with the item_template table still selected, click the "table data" tab, and click "entry" until it sorts the items by entry, highest to lowest. Your newly created item should be at the top of the list (because you changed the entry number above). Most of the columns are pretty self explanatory.

for stat_type, 2-6 are base attributes. You can pretty much use any item generator (even for older versions) to get the stat_types etc you need, you'll just have to manually transplant the data because of differing database structures. Not guaranteed to work. =D

sphero's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Orion514 View Post
    I downloaded the 2.0 .NET Framework the other day. Is that the latest?

EDIT: Nvm, I guess 3.5 is the newest version? Anyway, I'm downloading it now and I'll see if it works.

EDIT2: I got 3.5 which I'm guessing is the newest and it still doesnt work...Asks for the same .dll file. Lemme know if there's anything I can do or if 3.5 ISNT the newest. Thanks.
    DLL-files.com - msvcr71.dll, free download
    download and copy it to your c:\windows\system folder and it should work.
    msvcr71.dll is "Microsoft Visual C Runtime" and sometimes its just not there...

ion's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    711 my problem is that i need some detailed info on how to edit the database . ( link to a guide or some other info) I have read the post in the topic but i don't know were to start.Thenkyou.
    Last edited by ion; 05-29-2008 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ion, if you're looking for a guide for absolute beginners...

Board Message

Yeah, it's ****ing long. Well, MySQL is a pretty complete databasing system, which is why it's so widely used.

thomas26590's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having a bit of a problem. I have everything up and working, but when I go to log on it takes me to the realmlist and it says my server is offline. Any solution to fixing this?

Krevlorn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm haveing trouble with my characters deleting themselves. If I exit the server completely, then start it back up, everything is fine. The problem is when I turn my computer off. When I turn it back on, all my characters are gone. Can I get a link or some info on how to save characters please? I've already tried ".save" in game, and when I exit the server I get some message about data being changed, "do you want to update mangos?" or something like that and I choose yes. Still when I turn the pc off and on, everything is gone.

meowlikeacat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, few questions, going really back to basics about EMU / MANGOS servers:

What version of WoW is required MANGOS 2.4.2....now of course i would hazard a guess at the 2.4.2 region, but hey, I could be wrong - stranger things have happened. Essentially, do you need the latest version of wow?

Is this compatible with both TBC / non-TBC versions? As i saw there was a command in there to turn on / off TBC accounts when creating them.

Will i need to have logged in to wow before? Because i uninstalled WoW a while ago and reinstalled specifically to try and get this guide to work. As such, all of my interface and many of my data files are empty.

Any suggestions as to any other sort of files that need changing when trying to connect to the IP? I change it to 127.0.0.1 but i still somehow end up at the real EU login thing. Have tried opening from every type of wow open button i can find.

Has anyone from EU servers got this to work actually? As a matter of interest.

Also, just to make things *super* easy for morons like myself - can anyone post a video of them getting this to work, straight from downloading it, right through to opening a server? I know there's a bunch on youtube but a lot of them seem to be rather crap and i think this guide is one of the best i've seen so far, just needs a video to help out those like me with IQs below that of an ant.....then again, i can type, and you don't see many ants doing that...

Cheers to anyone that replies.

/Meow

deriko100's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    manos is really hard man
    Vote Ralph Wiguim 2008!

sphero's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by meowlikeacat View Post
    OK, few questions, going really back to basics about EMU / MANGOS servers:

What version of WoW is required MANGOS 2.4.2....now of course i would hazard a guess at the 2.4.2 region, but hey, I could be wrong - stranger things have happened. Essentially, do you need the latest version of wow?

Is this compatible with both TBC / non-TBC versions? As i saw there was a command in there to turn on / off TBC accounts when creating them.

Will i need to have logged in to wow before? Because i uninstalled WoW a while ago and reinstalled specifically to try and get this guide to work. As such, all of my interface and many of my data files are empty.

Any suggestions as to any other sort of files that need changing when trying to connect to the IP? I change it to 127.0.0.1 but i still somehow end up at the real EU login thing. Have tried opening from every type of wow open button i can find.

Has anyone from EU servers got this to work actually? As a matter of interest.

Also, just to make things *super* easy for morons like myself - can anyone post a video of them getting this to work, straight from downloading it, right through to opening a server? I know there's a bunch on youtube but a lot of them seem to be rather crap and i think this guide is one of the best i've seen so far, just needs a video to help out those like me with IQs below that of an ant.....then again, i can type, and you don't see many ants doing that...

Cheers to anyone that replies.

/Meow
    I'm playing on EU live servers and it runs on my pc. There is absolutley no way making it easier like this really...a video of this would be ...lol? you need a video to doubleclick 3 files or copy & paste a folder? Oo Maybe you should stick to retail servers^^

its just 3 steps basically:

- extract maps & copy to mangos folder (read 1st post)
    - start the mysql.bat
    - start restarter.exe
    -- setup done ---

Go to your WoW Folder and find realmlist.wtf, open with Notepad and change it from:

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
    set patchlist eu.version.worldofwarcraft.com

to

set realmlist 127.0.0.1

Then start wow and login:
    User: 3
    pw: 3
    (GM Account)

Thats all!

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sphero's got it down.

you can play on it without tbc, but you need tbc installed to extract the maps (you can just download tbc for free anyway (check filefront))

i3ring_it's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading this thread, I see that I have the same problem as some. My server seems offline, and I cannot join it. Any solutions?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast