Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I noticed an error with this repack, when you are a druid past level 70 at a certain level, the game crashes when you hit C.

Any clue why it does this?

The error report says
    This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
    Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:0086062F

[GUIDE] Run a Mangos 2.4.2 server in 3 steps with the noobpack by 711
    Orion514's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the first step fine and put the maps folder back into the MANGOS folder. The next part says to run "mysql" file and then the "restarter" one. First of all I did go into the processes and end my previous mysql process before I started this. I ran your mysql.bat file and the window stayed up so didnt know if I had to keep it open when I ran "restarter" and when I tried that it just gave me an error saying a certain .dll file was missing or something.

I'm guessing the mysql.bat window isnt supposed to stay open so I screenshotted it. Hopefully you can take a look here and help. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The pic I posted you could hardly see. (Damn you paint!) Instead I will just copy and paste the window here:

(----------------------------------------------------------------------------)
    ( )
    ( )
    ( )
    ( 711 wants to thank you for using this repack! )
    ( =) )
    ( special thanks to lord tom )
    ( )
    ( )
    ( )
    (----------------------------------------------------------------------------)
    080527 1:23:46 InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally!
    InnoDB: Starting crash recovery.
    InnoDB: Reading tablespace information from the .ibd files...
    InnoDB: Restoring possible half-written data pages from the doublewrite
    InnoDB: buffer...
    080527 1:23:47 InnoDB: Starting log scan based on checkpoint at
    InnoDB: log sequence number 0 102057672.
    InnoDB: Doing recovery: scanned up to log sequence number 0 102057672
    080527 1:23:47 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 102057672
    080527 1:23:47 [Note] dbbinmysqld.exe: ready for connections.
    Version: '5.0.27-community' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Edition (GP
    L)
    Last edited by Orion514; 05-27-2008 at 01:25 AM.

Krevlorn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm haveing the problem with mysql opening and closeing right away. I did the "pause" trick with wordpad and get it to stay open. It says "the system cannot find the path specified. Press any key to continue". Pressing a key just closes it. I have searched my pc and gotten rid of any "mysql" files I can find, deleted everything related to mangos, and redownloaded to start from scratch with the same results. Any help you can offer is appriciated.

Edit: I've gotten past that problem and have the server running now. Now the problem is that when I launch WoW, it's still launching on the live server instead of my private one. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Krevlorn; 05-27-2008 at 03:32 AM.

snakez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i kindaa see whats going on.. just have no clue how to fix it.. i deleted evrything that had to do with mysql and now its giving this mesage.. i even deleted the noob-pack and re downloaded it

080526 23:39:47 [ERROR] Can't find messagefile '\Aeirs Repack 1.6.0\Ascent\mysql
    \share\english\errmsg.sys'
    080526 23:39:47 [ERROR] Aborting

Press any key to continue . . .

Str1kr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Krevlorn I was having the same problem do you remember how you got past it? Also if you are still logging into the live realm you probably have some problem with your realmlist settings and may try launching wow.exe and not the desktop launcher.

Krevlorn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Str1kr, I ran mysql from MANGOS\DB\bin\mysql.exe
    That seemed to work, then I ran MANGOS\restarter.exe
    Now I've got a window that says "MaNGOS running without crash!" but I can't figure out how to log on to the server. Everytime I try, I log onto the live servers.
    Every mention of the realmlist I can find says it's already set to 127.0.0.1 and I haven't changed anything. Any idea if I still need to edit this and if so to what?

711's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    striker, follow the instructions I gave for proth666 and post the screenshot, please.

irion514, this mysql window is SUPPOSED to stay open. the error your getting is probably from a bogus download or something. Would you mind giving me a screenshot please?

krevlorn, you need to edit your realmlist. You open crogram files/world or warcraft/realmlist.wtf and replace the contents with a single line saying "set realmlist 127.0.0.1" (without quotes). If this is already done, as said above, trying running wow.exe instead of using your usual wow shortcut.

snakez, that error message is quoting a file path from another repack (aeirs repack 1.6) of a different emulator altogether (ascent). My guess is you're in a totally different folder than you need to be or something.

Krevlorn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks 711. I've got it running now and it seems to work great.

mangler1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried many times to get this up and public with no postive results, every time it when i change my realmlist in realmd to my external address i get and error in mangosd.exe saying

Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Cannot connect to world database 127.0.0.1;root;mangos

mangler1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have also tried adding my external ip to my hosts file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc along with changing CONFIG files to match external ID, and trying one without the other, i havent had one combination work,.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

slayer47's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help

Everything is working fine everything runs but when i try to log into the game it takes me to the realmlist and when i click the realm it goes away for a second and then the realmlist pops right back up any help?

Orion514's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a screenshot. I ran mysql.bat today and the thing stayed open but didnt say what it said last night. Not sure if thats working fine or not but when thats open and i run the restarter 2 windows open and gives the error with realmd.exe and mangosd.exe - Unable To Locate Component and it says "This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Any ideas?

Last edited by Orion514; 05-27-2008 at 06:37 PM.

711's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mangler, after editing the database, do you leave mysql running? It's got to stay running for the server to work

slayer, that could be a number of things. First, are there any errors in the mangosd.exe window? Have you altered the database at all? Are you trying to access the server from the same computer you're running it from?

orion, I'm not sure what would be causing that problem. MSVCR71.dll is a .net framework dll that I don't think is necessary. But in any case, I would try installing the latest .net framework (free download from microsoft.com) if you don't have it installed already.

Orion514's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded the 2.0 .NET Framework the other day. Is that the latest?

EDIT: Nvm, I guess 3.5 is the newest version? Anyway, I'm downloading it now and I'll see if it works.

EDIT2: I got 3.5 which I'm guessing is the newest and it still doesnt work...Asks for the same .dll file. Lemme know if there's anything I can do or if 3.5 ISNT the newest. Thanks.
    Last edited by Orion514; 05-27-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Orion514's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, all I did was searched the .dll I needed and downloaded it. Put it in the Mangos folder and it all works perfectly so far. Thanks!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast