Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it worth even releasing this to the public? It seems like it should only be a fun server perhaps on an already existant running server, or soon to be running server. I don't think enough people will run this repack in it's early phases since people other than mmowned and emu operaters even know about this. Remember, players need to know whats going on too, and it takes longer for it to get to a player than it takes to get to private server owners.

EDIT: Good luck with it though. I won't be hosting one, but I will play on one!

[Venice Return Info] The War Begins 2008 Repack
    cmall1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if anyone else has said... But Thats a chick... You can't flame something that hot and spicey because it is already on fire!! Btw im looking forwards to this... Good Luck!!

cmall1234's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TheNlghtmare View Post
    I don't think enough people will run this repack in it's early phases since people other than mmowned and emu operaters even know about this. Remember, players need to know whats going on too, and it takes longer for it to get to a player than it takes to get to private server owners.
    Dude, MMowned is the place where most people that want to host a server come for information and guidance

TheNlghtmare's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cmall1234 View Post
    Dude, MMowned is the place where most people that want to host a server come for information and guidance
    You're not understanding it from a players perspective man. In all my years of WoW and emus (since beta 2003, OFFICIAL and EMULATED servers,) fun servers made to the public are USUALLY only played by players who expect there to be a somewhat blizz feel. What I mean by that is that they expect the original Blizzard storyline to be in tact, and smart custom "non-blizz" sub-stories to be implemented, but not to interfere with the storyline.

Here's the same logic applied.

- Player of Warcraft enjoys Warcraft
    - Player of Warcraft reads Warcraft novels
    - Player of Warcraft realizes Novels usually coincide with the Warcraft Game
    - Player of Warcraft sees Warcraft movie

This can go two ways now.

either
    1.) Player of Warcraft sees Warcraft movie and is heavily disappointed because the original storyline was no where to be seen or referenced.

or

2.) Player of Warcraft sees Warcraft movie and is heavily excited for the sequel, because the storyline coincides with the Warcraft series and novels.

See what I mean now? There is no room for argument because this isn't one. This is flat out logic.

This repack, and most repacks are cool! I love to see peoples creativity, but I am saying from a players perspective, it will take time to get popularized, as most other fan redone repacks take time to become well noticed by the PLAYERS.

Anyway, continue the good work. I am really interested to see what comes of this marvel of an idea.

Noobcraft's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not understanding it from a players perspective man. In all my years of WoW and emus (since beta 2003, OFFICIAL and EMULATED servers,) fun servers made to the public are USUALLY only played by players who expect there to be a somewhat blizz feel. What I mean by that is that they expect the original Blizzard storyline to be in tact, and smart custom "non-blizz" sub-stories to be implemented, but not to interfere with the storyline.

Here's the same logic applied.

- Player of Warcraft enjoys Warcraft
    - Player of Warcraft reads Warcraft novels
    - Player of Warcraft realizes Novels usually coincide with the Warcraft Game
    - Player of Warcraft sees Warcraft movie

This can go two ways now.

either
    1.) Player of Warcraft sees Warcraft movie and is heavily disappointed because the original storyline was no where to be seen or referenced.

or

2.) Player of Warcraft sees Warcraft movie and is heavily excited for the sequel, because the storyline coincides with the Warcraft series and novels.

See what I mean now? There is no room for argument because this isn't one. This is flat out logic.

This repack, and most repacks are cool! I love to see peoples creativity, but I am saying from a players perspective, it will take time to get popularized, as most other fan redone repacks take time to become well noticed by the PLAYERS.

Anyway, continue the good work. I am really interested to see what comes of this marvel of an idea.
    Im sorry not to be mean but you have no idea what your talking about.

*-Yani-*'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TheNightmare you confused the hell out of me.How long ago you stoped retail ? 2 weeks?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 years =[

lol I got -rep from this? wow..

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Noobcraft View Post
    Im sorry not to be mean but you have no idea what your talking about.
    I'm looking at it from a players standpoint.
    What ever!

Can't wait for the release!

*-Yani-*'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at it from a players standpoint.
    What ever!

Can't wait for the release!
    Well guys change of plans, this repack wont be a Venice return.Will actually be a Venice goodbye ^.^.THey decided to leave wow for good but finishing this last repack as their last wow project.

Also the main pc overheated.Some issue occured wont turn on at all.We will look it up. What im trying to say is that the release date might delay a little into november who know maybe not. But this repack will be released. I hope before november like I said.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by *-Yani-* View Post
    Well guys change of plans, this repack wont be a Venice return.Will actually be a Venice goodbye ^.^.THey decided to leave wow for good but finishing this last repack as their last wow project.

Also the main pc overheated.Some issue occured wont turn on at all.We will look it up. What im trying to say is that the release date might delay a little into november who know maybe not. But this repack will be released. I hope before november like I said.
    ='[. I'm also interested in this for my own sake! What are/were the specs of the overheated pc?

*-Yani-*'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ='[. I'm also interested in this for my own sake! What are/were the specs of the overheated pc?
    Pentium(R) Dual Core CPU 3.60 GHZ
    6 GIG of RAM
    500+ Video Card
    xp pro / sp 3

its kinda fixed now though or sorta

erebos's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is interesting. Keep arguing. BTW i guess we'll see if it is true whe it comes out.

Entr0py's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmm cant wait for this to come out

Remember to + Rep people who help you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123