0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tracekill View Post
    Are you running the server and connecting to it on the same computer?
    yes i am, iv ran a server before with no problems, i was trying out WoTLK for my friends and I

Moffeman's WotLK Beta Repack 8770
    Tracekill's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rustyxcod View Post
    yes i am, iv ran a server before with no problems, i was trying out WoTLK for my friends and I
    Are they on your LAN? If so change the IP in the database to your LAN IP (retrievable by executing ipconfig in a command prompt). This usually takes the form 192.168.x.x Then have them put the exact same address in their realmlist files.

rustyxcod's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    change which ip? the servegame.org one? I will try it but in the past we connected using the servegame one

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    change which ip? the servegame.org one? I will try it but in the past we connected using the servegame one
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Change the IP listed in the "realmd" SQL database, "realmlist" table to your internal IP, not the one you have there currently (68.37.142.243).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, ill try

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing changed, still says "connected" and freezes there

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing changed, still says "connected" and freezes there
    Press cancel after "Connected"...there's a common bug where it hangs after connected but if you press cancel it resumes normal operation.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Press cancel after "Connected"...there's a common bug where it hangs after connected but if you press cancel it resumes normal operation.
    >.< that doesnt seem to be it, iv tried pressing cancel and retrying over and over, sorry if im bugging you with this problem, thanks though for helping me when you could be like everyone else and skim right past my post

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >.< that doesnt seem to be it, iv tried pressing cancel and retrying over and over, sorry if im bugging you with this problem, thanks though for helping me when you could be like everyone else and skim right past my post
    Make sure you have all firewall/av software disabled as well.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Moffeman View Post
    2. What Includes:
    100% Spawned Borean Tundra.
    100% Spawned The Nexus
    90% The Nexus loot
    60% Dragonblight
    20% Utgarde Keep (Temporarily Custom)
    80% Dalaran (Not Blizzlike)

Alot of Death Knight Spells Working (Including Army of The Dead)
    Death Knight Starting Gear: 100% Working.
    Area Triggers for Ebon Hold - 0% Working, not fixed yet.
    DBC and Map Extractor
    Also DBC Includes
    ++Database.sql
    ++realmd.sql
    ++character.sql
    ++scriptdev2.sql
    You guys seem either a little young or a little inexperienced. The Borean Tundra spawns contained in this repack are nowhere near 100% complete. Spawning a buzzard every few feet doesn't make the map 100% spawned. Though the Nexus does seem to be 100% spawned (though inaccurate in a few places), the loot is nowhere even approaching 90% as you've quite obviously slapped some made up stats and item names on old-world models (the "Nexus Skullcap" is simply the Nemesis Skullcap from Pre-BC and the "Nexus Chestguard" is nothing but the T5 Hunter chest, Riftstalker's Hauberk). Exciting at first glance, but ultimately very disappointing.

EDIT: Also the .lookup command does not seem to work in any context.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes they all are, like I said iv hosted a server before for quite some time, I took a break and decided to make one again, just for some reason have this problem now >.< Everything is forwarded fine, i think my configs are fine, the apps look in working order, what is wrong >.<??

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes they all are, like I said iv hosted a server before for quite some time, I took a break and decided to make one again, just for some reason have this problem now >.< Everything is forwarded fine, i think my configs are fine, the apps look in working order, what is wrong >.<??
    Why would you have to forward for internal traffic? That's dumb. Are you absolutely sure you have no firewall or antivirus applications running?

BrantX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys seem either a little young or a little inexperienced. The Borean Tundra spawns contained in this repack are nowhere near 100% complete. Spawning a buzzard every few feet doesn't make the map 100% spawned. Though the Nexus does seem to be 100% spawned (though inaccurate in a few places), the loot is nowhere even approaching 90% as you've quite obviously slapped some made up stats and item names on old-world models (the "Nexus Skullcap" is simply the Nemesis Skullcap from Pre-BC and the "Nexus Chestguard" is nothing but the T5 Hunter chest, Riftstalker's Hauberk). Exciting at first glance, but ultimately very disappointing.

EDIT: Also the .lookup command does not seem to work in any context.
    GTFO Leecher, Don't flame the great and all-migty WOTLK Repack. If you don't like the F**king spawns. GTFO he doesn't really care for your opinion. I mean i think he does but not to Lazy Leeching Lowbies like you!. If you don't like the spawns then try it yourself mr. iCritiziseEverything.

EDIT:
    inexperienced?? Look, If you want inexperienced then look at you. Release something to this site but until then don't be pointing your finger and say " inexperienced " until you look up thy.
    Last edited by BrantX; 08-12-2008 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BrantX View Post
    GTFO Leecher, Don't flame the great and all-migty WOTLK Repack. If you don't like the F**king spawns. GTFO he doesn't really care for your opinion. I mean i think he does but not to Lazy Leeching Lowbies like you!. If you don't like the spawns then try it yourself mr. iCritiziseEverything.
    Excuse me? I'm no leecher, this is an alternate account I've come to use after my old one was hacked. I've contributed plenty both at MMOwned and several other emulation hubs on the inter-tubes. If you'd care to re-read my post, you'll notice it wasn't flaming but constructive criticism. I happened to notice a few things screwy while playtesting the server and posted my opinions. By the way I have 'tried myself' as the majority of my current database upon which my servers are based is home-made. Thanks for the mature response, however.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BrantX View Post

Lol, your funny Mr. Angry. Don't you think the icritiziseEverything is a little much? He said a few things about it, and I'm sure hes not meaning it as in calling them noobs. Sorry people can't point out some flaws to help them fix them and make their pack the best it can be. Anyway, im sure the community would rather have him, who is trying to help, than you who right away start yelling at people to get off for something you don't like. Also idc if you call me a noob leecher, i'm a noob, but not a leecher, i prefer the word learner, because even if you know much, others may still want to learn, so stop calling him a leecher when hes just making a statement on how it could be fixed and bettered.
    Last edited by rustyxcod; 08-12-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast