0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vote hacking??

I was reading a forum post from a while back, but it was in german so it was extremely poorly translated by google, and made pretty much no sense, it's about editing vote points / value of vote point items in vote shops for servers that have automated vote systems. The post made mention of a firefox plugin called Tamper Data. I was wondering whether or not this is actually possible? If so is there a guide anywhere for those who are not advanced users of such programs. Really I'm looking for a way of getting a couple extra vote points, even if it's only being able to vote twice as often or something like that. The server has a system which has a 12 hour lockout on the account just FYI.. So no comments about proxys / hotspot shield.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

(Sorry if SQL is the incorrect prefix, but I guess it'd database editing on some level? & also I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area)

Vote hacking??
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    yes, as a PHP programmer, 100% possible.

and no, to your next question
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

cheeseyz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, ok cheers anyway. I just wanted to know if it was possible. I'll harass my brother in law, he's a programmer .. just didn't want to bother him before I knew that it was actually possible. Thanks for the prompt reply.

ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cheeseyz View Post
    Haha, ok cheers anyway. I just wanted to know if it was possible. I'll harass my brother in law, he's a programmer .. just didn't want to bother him before I knew that it was actually possible. Thanks for the prompt reply.
    sometimes it's as easy as opening the URL in chrome -> right click the vote input box -> inspect element -> find the "vote amount" in the DOM editor -> double click to edit, change value -> hit enter and now vote.

Not sure how many security measures they do to check values are correct, but that's one way.

Other ways involve editiong the $_POST variables when you clicked submit to change.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

Thaadevil's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/9
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Snicklesworth View Post
    sometimes it's as easy as opening the URL in chrome -> right click the vote input box -> inspect element -> find the "vote amount" in the DOM editor -> double click to edit, change value -> hit enter and now vote.

Not sure how many security measures they do to check values are correct, but that's one way.

Other ways involve editiong the $_POST variables when you clicked submit to change.
    Fixed 10/10 cases, there at other ways, just play around and get to know the system.

cheeseyz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone/one of you point me in the right direction of bypassing the internal 12 hour lockout? I've tried tampering the destination url of vote sites and that doesn't work. I have no idea how else I can do it, I'd love some help and I'd be willing to pay $$ if it works. PM me if you can help.