Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do not know that language (problem solution)!!!

Hi Everyone, I'm fairly new here, and used this place to assist me with starting my private server, thus is the reason you guys are the first I'll share this with. Here recently, no matter what core I use, I have the occasional error with the server telling players that "they cannot speak that language cuz they don't know it."
    I have found the reason for this to be due to the Location my mall is at (behind ahn qiraj) the reason is that position on the map, although represented, it is not ZONED as a referenceable map, thus whenever you log out while in that map, when you log back on, sometimes you'll get that error.
    That's why whenever you go to areas like that where the minimap name doesn't change, all you have to do is go somewhere else before logging out. OR...
    If you'd rather stay, whenever you log IN, if it says you can't talk just use a warp npc, or portal [ (you CAN use the antrix gmaddon to spawn while you can't talk (just for future reference) ]to go anywhere that is friendly to yourself. Then simply teleport .rec por w/e back to the place you were at, and BOOM...you can talk.
    Most people that aren't hosting a funserver SHOULDN'T have this problem due to the fact that a blizzlike won't allow standard players to go anywhere that is't represented with a zone id.
    Also, if anyone that assists with making ascent cores is reading this, maybe you guys could note this and try to fix it somehow eh? *wink
    ***To the administrators (you can read if you want as well)
    I would appreciate if this thread could be stickied due to the fact that it does seem to be a common problem as I've tried it on SEVERAL different cores, compiled by myself AND other (chrispees mafiaboys etc.) I'm quite sure that this will assist a bunch of people. Btw. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but it seemed like the best one to put this in.
    I hope this helped everyone to understand that restarting your server, or logging out is NOT necessary at all to fix this error.
    Dracconus

You do not know that language (problem solution)!!!
    Le Froid's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +2 rep for contribution, thanks

chaoticd35's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the information, this is handy for anyone that doesn't already know.+Rep

C.C.'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep for contribution and your NOW out of the lazy leechers group,grats

-Richmen6

EmuGod's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanting to help is all...

Originally Posted by richmen6 View Post
    +Rep for contribution and your NOW out of the lazy leechers group,grats

-Richmen6
    I really appreciate all the rep coming out. If anyone has any other problems, I'll do what I can to help. As I'm still fairly new to ascents structure, there are surely tons more to learn, but I've tried this method, and it's guaranteed to work (that is, if it's not a database or core problem *grin)
    Well, I'll keep an eye out, and if I see anymore bugs, I'll gladly post them with their solutions.

Le Froid's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dracconus View Post
    I really appreciate all the rep coming out. If anyone has any other problems, I'll do what I can to help. As I'm still fairly new to ascents structure, there are surely tons more to learn, but I've tried this method, and it's guaranteed to work (that is, if it's not a database or core problem *grin)
    Well, I'll keep an eye out, and if I see anymore bugs, I'll gladly post them with their solutions.

Thanks
    Usually older members here look for more advanced things and always skip stuff like this, so keep up good work

The Kingofbeast's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay you!!! +Rep
    Got a question about your server? Message me!

Don't forget +Rep when someone helps you

WargRider's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys I have had this problem and such, but there is one issue I have with answer, but thanks for posting +rep , but I have warp NPC and such and they can tele to my mall then to a MAJOR city,how will they get back to someplace if it was really remote like in the middle or Stonetalon Mountains, that's what I am asking.

MysticViper's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WargRider View Post
    Hey guys I have had this problem and such, but there is one issue I have with answer, but thanks for posting +rep , but I have warp NPC and such and they can tele to my mall then to a MAJOR city,how will they get back to someplace if it was really remote like in the middle or Stonetalon Mountains, that's what I am asking.
    umm.. they would use their hearth or auto-unstuck

Hellgawd's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, here is a very simple version.
    -It happens with almost every core - reason unknown-
    -Can happen ANYWHERE and ANYTIME, no specified reason for it happening, I did a test run on my server we tried logouts and server restarts, sometimes happens more frequent on certain cores-
    -Fixed by reloading your User Interface, aka seeing the loading screen again. So, teleport via a teleporting npc / gm interface to an instance or another continent.-
    Cheers
    Hellgawd

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Hellgawd, thanks for writing a slimmed down version of that. I forget that not everyone knows good english

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *cough* I found the ACTUAL cause of the language bug. It's NOT the core, it's NOT the database. It's US. Every time that we put something up that you can interact with, that wasn't there before, or modify something that was. you have one of three options.
    you can
    1. Build on a completely separate, and local only realm (since you can't run two logon servers to prevent others from accessing.) Then just transfer the data when you're done, thus preventing anyone that hasn't deleted their cache from interacting with it on that database, preventing said problem.
    -----
    2. (like this will REALLY happen...) Have every player delete their cahce before interacting with it.
    -----------
    3. Just not build.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I have used this method for almost over a month now, with NO PROBLEMS. I have NOT run into this language bug since, nor have NONE of my over 500 players.
    I hope that this helps you all.
    Dracconus.