381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    I still can't understand how people want to relive classic (the same tiers), and then complain that theres no new content on live.
    Nostalrius was progressive. They started at patch 1.0 and were planning on going to 1.12 and even past that with a BC server in the works. For people who never played Vanilla a lot of it is new content. I never really got to experience the old world as I started playing on my own account (I'd played at a friends house before) in Mists. There is always something to do in vanilla. I could farm gold towards my epic mount. I could do all of the human quests on my nelf If I wanted to get a horse mount. There was raids, dungeons, huge amounts of world pvp, ect.

I do agree with you though about the server being shutdown. It is sad, yes. However, you should always go into a private server knowing that it could be shut down at anytime with very little / no notice.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

Nost shut down...fight back and sign!
    [IAMS]'s Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 months on that server gone just like that ((

ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    but getting upset because a private server got shutdown is like saying "I used an exploit on OC and got banned".
    I'm not sure you're understanding the point of this post. People aren't upset with the servers being shut down as much as they are for blizzard not owning up to the demand of product. I'm more upset there's a ignorant tone projecting towards the emulation community as a whole. I just hope this doesn't start a trend for blizzard, to go after the people who are just trying to play a game they don't even offer anymore.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

4. Thanks Ghostswrath (1 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SniffingPickles View Post
    I'm not sure you're understanding the point of this post. People aren't upset with the servers being shut down as much as they are for blizzard not owning up to the demand of product. I'm more upset there's a ignorant tone projecting towards the emulation community as a whole. I just hope this doesn't start a trend for blizzard, to go after the people who are just trying to play a game they don't even offer anymore.
    Tbh, I can see why Blizzard wouldn't open Classic/TBC/WOTLK legacy servers, if you look at Jagex they split their playerbase in two by releasing OSRS; now imagine doing that with 4 different legacy servers.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Unholyshaman View Post
    This is the private server section of OC. If you are going to come ridicule community members here for being enthusiastic about relevant content for this forum section then perhaps you don't belong here. I wish I was still a moderator on OC because then people like you wouldn't be around anymore.
    The posts have been mostly quite constructive so far, some good arguments from both sides. But yes, it's ridiculous to try to argue against private servers in one of the largest private server forums around. We don't ban people for having a different opinion.

7. Thanks Eryx, Igzz, Hazzbazzy, Confucius (4 members gave Thanks to stoneharry for this useful post)
    abaraikenshi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, they're past 30k now

I meant to quote someone earlier who said they wouldn't get 20k. Appears my ability to quote is dismal.

To the *******s laughing and thinking it's pointless. Maybe it is, but its well worth a shot considering all it takes is a signature. If Blizzard caves and changes a pose because of 1 concerned parent, whose to say that 30k signatures wouldn't make them at least reconsider?
    Last edited by abaraikenshi; 04-07-2016 at 08:31 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
    Destinations unknown, I'll find my way there

Phocito's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/21
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, about that not getting 20k?

Yeah.

Nice.

Anyways look, to say it hurt the sales of WoW is just ridiculous, not only did the vast majority of players (including myself) have a sub to retail, but think of it like this: These servers are not being financed by activision blizzard. Blizzard paid a grand total of $0.00 uptime on those servers. "Well what about people who left retail to play classic???" For sake of argument, i'll let you say that alot of people did that. Now think of this, what does blizzard have being released in the coming months? A new expansion promising many classic-tbc options, a movie that people are dying to see just trailers of right now. Don't you think having an open environment for old wow players and current ones alike to experience the greatness of the game will increase your sales figures on those items? You're dealing with an underground community of players that enjoy your product, and love every second of it, and you're not even having to pay to keep them happy. They are hurting their own sales by doing this, not helping them, they're turning people against their product, not advocating the timelessness of it. If they had simply left that server alone to fend for itself, they would have not only lost NOTHING, but they would have gained players, people that love their game, people that want to see the new movie, maybe check out the new expansion, buy some mounts and a new level 100 character to play on.

Blizzard is shooting themselves in the foot, and they haven't even begun to wipe down the wound yet.
    Last edited by Phocito; 04-07-2016 at 08:48 PM.

I do stuff, sometimes

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Phocito View Post
    Blizzard paid a grand total of $0.00 uptime on those servers.
    And how many years developing the content for sale?
    "Time is money friend"

Trolisimo's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizzard is shooting themselves in the foot, and they haven't even begun to wipe down the wound yet.
    For me its more like the pinky one of cripple guy. It isnt useful and will not hurt them at all (as i said before - they banned more bots than nost pop, last year), but it looks ugly for other ppl. But i know a lot of guilds (my old one did it too) that got bored from current private servers and moved to retail. So even private servers can be advertisement for retail. But when u did such move and close a server like this its mostly an explode in your face.
    I saw in AJ a lot of ppl that played it and this is active retail useres, they didnt left retail for nost, cuz of vanilla pvp is SOOO good, they mostly did it, because current state of retail is boring/unbalaced and the games are about having fun when there isnt fun, you just quit most of the times. I left the game like 6-7 times because it feels more like a job, i have 33 friends in battle net, 25 of them are from retail WoW. Only 3 of them still have subs, rest are w8 for legion or stopped the game at all/playing other games. This 3 guys logging once per day for the garrison and once per week for HFC. HFC is out from almost an year and will be here atleast 5 more months (6 in worst case), sorry but you rly cant keep ppl with 1 raid for 18 months. They just failed with "1y per xpac", i bet if legion pass 10m subs they will start with the numbers about subs again...

And this is the explode that i am talking about:
    Nost shut down...fight back and sign!-tynqqyz-jpg

500-5k$ in subs/refunds will not hurt them (they prob give more money for water each day), but it looks bad for ppl
    Last edited by Trolisimo; 04-08-2016 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Trolisimo View Post
    And this is the explode that i am talking about:
    Nost shut down...fight back and sign!-tynqqyz-jpg

500-5k$ in subs/refunds will not hurt them (they prob give more money for water each day), but it looks bad for ppl

This is literally so immature and spiteful that it makes me cringe...
    "OH NOES, BLIZZARD EXERCISED THEIR RIGHTS! Therefore, I won't pay for their games, even though I wasn't even paying them for Nost!!" - Plebs 2k16

I mean, you do realise Blizzard has different departments right? The Ovewatch Development Team didn't go and "attack" (lol) Nost, that was the Legal Team. So essentially you're taking out your frustration on innocent bystanders.

Last edited by Hazzbazzy; 04-08-2016 at 06:26 AM.

13. Thanks Tinyfin (1 members gave Thanks to Hazzbazzy for this useful post)
    D3Boost's Avatar 🔥 www.D3Boost.com 🔥 PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    211/463
    Trade Feedback
    247 (100%)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I've never played Nost, but I did play WoW up until the end of WotLK. I couldn't play past that expansion simply because it got way too boring.

In my view, they made the game way too casual-friendly and I don't blame them for that because that's probably what the majority of their player base consists of.

I'm not for or against private servers, but I can tell you for sure that I would be against it if I was Blizzard.

For the people claiming a couple thousand subs won't hurt Blizzard, you probably have no idea how a business works so I'd highly suggest you don't even comment on that, it'll just make you look stupid on these forums.

The video gaming industry is one of the most competitive industries out there. I can definitely see why Blizzard is willing to go to court for things like shutting down a private server that could potentially be taking away players that would otherwise be potential subscribers to Blizzard.
    ✅ CONTACT DETAILS ✅

✅ DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 ✅ SKYPE: d3pleveling

15. Thanks Hazzbazzy (1 members gave Thanks to D3Boost for this useful post)
    [IAMS]'s Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If legion is a flop (probably will be), and blizzard loses more millions of subscribers, they will open up legacy servers to get the veteran base of players back.

Android32's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    8/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can see the evolution of innocent blizzard developers to -----------> greed dogs over the years

Trolisimo's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [IAMS] View Post
    If legion is a flop (probably will be), and blizzard loses more millions of subscribers, they will open up legacy servers to get the veteran base of players back.
    People are thinking blizzard is making their money from subs i guess... Subs are very small % from the profit. Its pets/mounts/selling expansion copies.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I understand it the Nostralius team have all the data saved.

Seems like they have the skills, opportunity and mailing list to simply create a non-copyright version of wow.

The main appeal of Nostralius seemed to be nothing to do with the elements that Blizzard invoked copyright on.
    I'm guessing no one was playing because they like 2004 graphics. The levelling system, professions, community and all
    that stuff people seemed to like can't be copyrighted-indeed MMO's regularly rip off these elements from each other.

Seems like you could make a ton of money with this.

The difficult would be changing the visual design. To get noticeably different visuals by minor tweaks is quite easy. Mess
    around with far sight and it is quite easy to make major cities in azeroth look unrecognizeable. Of course you'd have to
    base it on existing code-it isn't clear to me whether using huge chunks of code from someone else violates copyright or not.
    You'd think it would be but if you look at some mmo's like aion they clearly just copied whole elements of wow directly from their code.
    Last edited by advanta; 04-09-2016 at 04:03 AM.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast