0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Goodbye] I'm leaving WoW Emulation

Well i'd like to start off by saying that I really enjoyed my entire stay in the WoW Emulation community, i met some really great and knowledgable people here.

It is time for me to leave though, I have far to much going on in my life at the moment, and i pay little to no attention to WoW Emulation anymore.

This scene started off great, those who were there since the beginning know what i am talking about, It was never about trying to make the most money, or having the "best" emulator, it was all about having fun and helping each other, and sticking it to the man, in this case Blizz

Recently when I have been paying attention, I have noticed that this scene has splintered too greatly, and everybody flames each other, nothing productive ever gets done. Everybody wants to be the next burlex, and make the best emulator and get money/fame or whatever.

When i started working on CoT which was my very first WoW Emulator, Ascent/Antrix (WoWD) was never released and it remained closed source in the hands of burlex AKA Espire, I had worked alone for a good portion of the time, My main motivation for working on this emulator was to help the community and provide something people can look at so they can understand what goes on inside the server, it was never for "fame" or anything like that, hell I don't care about being "well-known" in this scene. When WoWD was leaked and it soon turned into Antrix, I continued working on my Emulator for a while, because even though Antrix was far superior to my own emulator, i still wanted something that could help those who want to learn. After a while I met some great people who helped me further my emulator, soon enough though I gave up on it and stopped development of it.

Then I helped other people with their emulators and worked on other stuff for a while. Did some developing on servers, wrote more code and such. I was even told that I was close to getting a postion on Summit working with Burlex but that is beyond the point.

I'd like to say this in closing, All those who I knew or knew me, you really made my entire stay in emulation great, Those who i helped and taught you were what was most important to me while I was here.

I will still lurk around every now and then, and help on occasion, but for the most part i will no longer be apart of any emulator or such.

Thank you all and Goodbye

~CoolManBob~

[Goodbye] I'm leaving WoW Emulation
    ApexEmu's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sir, is correct /bye

Ezikielth's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats unfortunate...
    Ehh +Rep if you stay?

Broken Shadows's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0.o You made wowd?
    You hacked ex-wow :<
    Bye anyways, x]
    Wrong section.
    I have the swine flu!
    doihaveswineflu.org

Oh noess..

CoolManBob's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Broken Shadows View Post
    0.o You made wowd?
    You hacked ex-wow :<
    Bye anyways, x]
    Wrong section.
    You obviously have no clue what you are talking about, and I really dont care if this is the wrong section or not

Broken Shadows's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CoolManBob View Post
    You obviously have no clue what you are talking about, and I really dont care if this is the wrong section or not
    Well, you don't want a fragment do you?
    Posting wrong section is bad :>
    and I know what I am talking about, them getting into database, redirecting ex-wows site to wowd's etc. Mannny.. MANY forum posts. all got deleted by admin :>
    I have the swine flu!
    doihaveswineflu.org

Oh noess..

[Shon3m]'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CoolManBob View Post
    Well i'd like to start off by saying that I really enjoyed my entire stay in the WoW Emulation community, i met some really great and knowledgable people here.

It is time for me to leave though, I have far to much going on in my life at the moment, and i pay little to no attention to WoW Emulation anymore.

This scene started off great, those who were there since the beginning know what i am talking about, It was never about trying to make the most money, or having the "best" emulator, it was all about having fun and helping each other, and sticking it to the man, in this case Blizz

Recently when I have been paying attention, I have noticed that this scene has splintered too greatly, and everybody flames each other, nothing productive ever gets done. Everybody wants to be the next burlex, and make the best emulator and get money/fame or whatever.

When i started working on CoT which was my very first WoW Emulator, Ascent/Antrix (WoWD) was never released and it remained closed source in the hands of burlex AKA Espire, I had worked alone for a good portion of the time, My main motivation for working on this emulator was to help the community and provide something people can look at so they can understand what goes on inside the server, it was never for "fame" or anything like that, hell I don't care about being "well-known" in this scene. When WoWD was leaked and it soon turned into Antrix, I continued working on my Emulator for a while, because even though Antrix was far superior to my own emulator, i still wanted something that could help those who want to learn. After a while I met some great people who helped me further my emulator, soon enough though I gave up on it and stopped development of it.

Then I helped other people with their emulators and worked on other stuff for a while. Did some developing on servers, wrote more code and such. I was even told that I was close to getting a postion on Summit working with Burlex but that is beyond the point.

I'd like to say this in closing, All those who I knew or knew me, you really made my entire stay in emulation great, Those who i helped and taught you were what was most important to me while I was here.

I will still lurk around every now and then, and help on occasion, but for the most part i will no longer be apart of any emulator or such.

Thank you all and Goodbye

~CoolManBob~
    Well man thank you for doing such a good job on the emus it suck ur leaving the team man cya l8rz

ApexEmu's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he is leaving emulation.. so why would he care about a inframent?

CoolManBob's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Broken Shadows View Post
    Well, you don't want a fragment do you?
    Posting wrong section is bad :>
    and I know what I am talking about, them getting into database, redirecting ex-wows site to wowd's etc. Mannny.. MANY forum posts. all got deleted by admin :>
    Well i never played a single part in any of that

EcHoEs's Avatar lol why u mad
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even know who you are, tbh. Bye anyway.

Etna's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cya Mate !

MysterioussouL's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bye CoolManBob
    Good luck

AzolexX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with you.I hope some things can return what they used to be when there was only 4 Things Needed Moon++,Ascent,NCDB,Lua++ it was time Before 2.4 before NCDB closed or whatever.

Find about scripting, programming and music! My blog: https://worldofsmth.wordpress.com!

Sounddead's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks that your leaving. Have fun with whatever your up to now a days

I live in a shoe

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your very taletned and i hope you have a great life dude.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.