Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been trying to get this working for a while and I just can't figure this out. Still trying some things to get this to work. But as far as I get is the realm being there but not up. If you or some one could create a guide on how to get this repack working that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Also on a side note I've never tried to use mangos before so...ya.

[WotLK BETA] working private server release!
    cornboi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can some1 help me with MySQL thign when i try to connect to database it wont work plus im not sure really what to do...just using my prior knowledge...

EDIT:well got that down now just had to reconfigure MySQL password but now when i start up realmd or mangosd i get the MSCRV.dll error thing need help on that :x
    Last edited by cornboi; 07-23-2008 at 10:34 PM.

Asir's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got everything up and running but I cant seem to log in useing the accounts already listed. I tried makeing a new account but still wont let me log in.

I am not use to useing mangos and the sha_pass_hash after the username has me confused since even though ive tried whats there for passwords they still dont work

l99w's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you have everything running, the best default login to use is Administrator with the password administrator. That's the account with full GM powers.

Full instructions:

Extract the .rar folder, obviously. It should be named [8634]_WotLK_6347_MaNGOS.

Google, download, and install: MySQL 5.0 and Navicat Lite 8.0. When installing MySQL, use default options and set the password to mangos.

Once MySQL is setup, run Navicat. You'll need to create a new localhost(127.0.0.1) connection with the username 'root' and password 'mangos'.

Now double-click the connection (if you get an error here you probably installed MySQL wrong), and add four databases named characters, mangos, scriptdev2, realmd. In each of these new databases, right click and choose 'Execute Batch File', and choose the .sql files for each named database in the Database folder of the [8634]_WotLK_6347_MaNGOS folder. The MaNGOS file is very large and will take up to half an hour depending on your computer.

Find the file 'ad.exe' in the' DBC & Map Extractors' folder from '[8634]_WotLK_6347_MaNGOS'. Put this exe in your WotLK Beta folder, and let it run (takes a long time). Once you it finishes, cut and paste the two new folders back to the base [8634]_WotLK_6347_MaNGOS folder.

Now run mangosd.exe and realmd.exe. If your MySQL server is up and you did everything right, it should boot up (although it will give some errors along the way).

Go to your realmlist.wtf in your WotLK beta folder and change it to 'set realmlist 127.0.0.1'. You should now be able to login.

There are a lot of bugs, and you'll need to do a lot of tweaks to make certain things work that take too long to explain right now. Look around the forums and use the '.command' command ingame to find some answers to basic functions. Some DK skills work, some new skills from base classes work, but many still do nothing or don't work as intended. No mobs/NPCs spawn in Northrend.

project anthrax's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice but I still like ascent better
    removed by Unholy

Chief's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ty vm i actually got this up and running without knowing how the hell to work mangos. i did read a lil tiny guide but still a miracle lol thanks agian so much its realy fun, but im not seeing any mobs in northrend which i think is occuring for other poeple, but no biggy imo ty again +REP

bill45's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, yes got it working. Thank you very much l99w for the mini guide there and thank you realmslayer for the find of this repack. +Rep

cornboi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um yeah dood ive done that correctly but then i try to start up realm or mangosd i get and error saying this: ''This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.....yeah any idea how to fix that? :confused::confused::confused:

EDIT:well the .dll thing is fixed now when i start up the mangosd, i get this:
    ''incorrect DataDir value in mangosd.conf or ALL required *.dbc files <55> not found by path: ./dbc''
    OMG! soo many errors for me
    Last edited by cornboi; 07-23-2008 at 10:45 PM.

cornboi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mantorkel View Post
    uhm.. "incorrect datadir value in Mangosd.conf or ALL required *.dbc files <55> not found by patch .... Anyone ? sideways sadface

Edit: nwm..did sum serious Cmd bullshit i found in another guide...

plz tell me what guide did you use to fix that error i have the same!

Synris's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to create an account you go into mangos.exe once it has finished downloading and type
    create (name) (pass)
    setgm (name) 3
    setbc (name) 1

and u should b set

eric888's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cornboi View Post
    um yeah dood ive done that correctly but then i try to start up realm or mangosd i get and error saying this: ''This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.....yeah any idea how to fix that? :confused::confused::confused:

EDIT:well the .dll thing is fixed now when i start up the mangosd, i get this:
    ''incorrect DataDir value in mangosd.conf or ALL required *.dbc files <55> not found by path: ./dbc''
    OMG! soo many errors for me

Did you copy the DBC folder from your WotLK Beta folder into your Mangos folder?
    I had that problem at first and just copied the folder and then it worked.

P.S Do not forget to run AD.exe and copy the maps back

bjorn11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rly nice work works great job ,easy to setup had no problems what so ever .also rly nice the start q,s in the dk area but that place is a maze xD i was trying to find the exit but at the end i just did .tele stormwind

uhmm i got a navicat crack wich i downloaded a long while ago from mmowned so i can try putting it up on filebeam so ppl got that already

how to use the navicat crack

open the rar
    install navicat trial
    when done open the crack and a little menu pops up (and some music) press on patch
    now another menu pops up then go search in your program files premium soft and press accept when u got navicat as map selected then i should say patched and it opens navicat credits go to the maker of this crack and the orginal guy who uploaded this on mmowned a while ago i just wanted to share it with u

link :
    Filebeam - Free Fast File Hosting

for mysql just google mysql 5.0

MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Downloads link to msql 5.0 download
    bjorn11 aka stewie btw always ++Rep some1 if he helped u with a qeustion orso

spollock's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do I get the beta ><

bjorn11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by spollock View Post
    Where do I get the beta ><

Main Page - WotlkWiki - Wrath of the Lich King Information on the right hand upper corner just select ur platform and version ( eu or usa)

:wave: have fun its a 2.1mb download wich start a 2.1gb download wich will be a 7+gb install so u need at least 9-10gig free of harddisk
    bjorn11 aka stewie btw always ++Rep some1 if he helped u with a qeustion orso

spollock's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bjorn11 View Post
    Main Page - WotlkWiki - Wrath of the Lich King Information on the right hand upper corner just select ur platform and version ( eu or usa)

:wave: have fun its a 2.1mb download wich start a 2.1gb download wich will be a 7+gb install so u need at least 9-10gig free of harddisk
    Thanks Alot

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast