Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by _Wasabi_; 07-25-2008 at 05:47 AM.

[Release] ArcEmu 2.4.3 (Core & Tools)
    wefwef123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone done a a complete nooby guide to upgrading their Ascent server from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3 because although im sure this is great information, I dont know what to do to make it happen.
    Yes, im new to this but not stupid. yet it seems impossible to me with only the little tidbits of information people throw out. Id really like to understand how to do this, not least of all for next time theres a Bliz patch. When I understand I will definately do an idiots guide "open this, click this, copy this here" kind of thing for people that dont understand it either.
    Hell ive even PAY someone to help me understand this because I just DONT get it at all yet.
    I have an Ascent 2.4.2 server running and ready. I dont know what it takes to "complile my core" or even why I need to do that. I dont know how to make a .dll file or why you need to either. I dont what Tortoise does or why I need it.

I took that top file up there and replaced my .exes, inserted as many of the sql queries as I could in to my DB (although it wanted to delete my characters table!!!!!!!!)
    Obviously none of it worked

Can anyone help ?
    Last edited by wefwef123; 07-20-2008 at 10:53 PM.

nbhfam's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    para ArcEMU 439 ??

new scripts team?? svn add ?

Laokon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why need everything always needs to be so complicated..

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see im not the only noob whos clueless about all this?

Whos gonna be a hero and save us!

Kuraria's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wefwef123 View Post
    Has anyone done a a complete nooby guide to upgrading their Ascent server from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3 because although im sure this is great information, I dont know what to do to make it happen.
    Yes, im new to this but not stupid. yet it seems impossible to me with only the little tidbits of information people throw out. Id really like to understand how to do this, not least of all for next time theres a Bliz patch. When I understand I will definately do an idiots guide "open this, click this, copy this here" kind of thing for people that dont understand it either.
    Hell ive even PAY someone to help me understand this because I just DONT get it at all yet.
    I have an Ascent 2.4.2 server running and ready. I dont know what it takes to "complile my core" or even why I need to do that. I dont know how to make a .dll file or why you need to either. I dont what Tortoise does or why I need it.

I took that top file up there and replaced my .exes, inserted as many of the sql queries as I could in to my DB (although it wanted to delete my characters table!!!!!!!!)
    Obviously none of it worked

Can anyone help ?
    Most nice people release a repack so you can update your core (world.exe, logon.exe and script_bin dll files) but what eludes most people is new versions of the core could mean new parts to your database or old parts deleted/moves. What this means to you is that you need to back up your data (custom only usually) and install the new database in the repack archive (rar/zip/7z). Using Tortoise you can download the files needed to compile your own exes and dll files. What this means to you... you don't have to wait for patches to be released in repacks you can compile (make code into exe/dll) your own cores. The draw back is that if you don't know how to edit your database or the code in the core you may run into issues where people can't connect... adding new content in game may not save... players may not save.

In short my advice to the inexperenced would be to backup what you added custom to the game or have someone do it for you. Download the latest repack and install that (usually core, dll files and a copy of the newest world database) usually overwriting your logon or characters database isn't nessary unless the new core made changes to how it saves to those... in which case you'll see error messages in the console window.

_Wasabi_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wefwef123 View Post
    Has anyone done a a complete nooby guide to upgrading their Ascent server from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3 ...
    Can anyone help ?
    You can find nice guides on mmowned to upgrade, learn to compile.. for almost everithing.

If you just wanna upgrade you can download new core rev. (or compile yourself). And then extract your 2.4.3 DBCs. Remember, new arcemu cores only support client 2.4.3.

Last rev. fixes chaman totems.
    Last edited by 2dgreengiant; 07-21-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: double post, merged

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont really care about anything changing on my server I just want people with a 2.4.3 client to be able to connect.

I have Ascent, I guess an older version as my .exes are called ascent not arcemu.

Which files do I need to change out and do I have to compile something?
    WHICH of those files is "the new core rev" and where are the "DBCS" and where do I "extract" them to.
    PLEASE someone dear god jesus please help me this is driving me nuts all these little nuggets of information piece by piece cant someone put them together so we can understand?

I will PAYPAL anyone $20 if they can help me update my server!!!!!!!
    Last edited by wefwef123; 07-21-2008 at 11:59 PM.

_Wasabi_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, remember to backup your Characters DB first:

- Upgrade your DB to latest release.
    - Install latest .NET framework (download at MS home)
    - Download emulator pack.
    - Unrar emulator.
    - Edit config files (they're under configs dir)
    - Extract DBCs, Maps, and VMaps (last only if you choose enabled collisions core). You can follow mi guide : -

If you have and old DB char structure u need to aply SQL patchs.

Dont forget to visit Emulator Server Guides Section, u can find useful info there.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i Need to to apply the SQL patches because after messing with it I cant create new characters or log in. That makes sense now at least.
    How to do I patch my SQL

I actually got the game to work just replacing as LITTLE as I possibly could, almost nothing from the database but when I log in i have NO NPS! Anywhere! ????
    I thought they were held in the database. Is it the .exe? is it the dbcs? is it the scripts?
    Do I need to just do something to my EXISTING .exe?????????????????????????
    Why is this is F#@$%^&* difficult!@!@@@ ive been on this for 6 horus straight now and im NOWHERE
    Last edited by wefwef123; 07-22-2008 at 07:27 PM.

knaur's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +2 rep for your help =)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Knaur - Founder of The Norwegian Elite Team

Miiniimii's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just need to tank you so much for all the releases!!! its so helpful!
    +rep

hackers_best_cs's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good job :wave:

+rep