13/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by oiramario View Post
    When the character stands at the door of orgrimmar bank, within 100 yards, there are 58 gameobjects in total.
    After removing the static gameobjects that have been baked into mmaps, there are 26 remaining.
    After reducing the distance to 50 yards, there are 6 left.
    If the detection distance is set to character speed x 5 seconds, only 4 are left. When it is stopped, there are only 0.
    When remove the gameobjects without collision, the number will be further reduced.
    So we don't need kdtree when using obb.
    If u use navmesh that supports temp obstacles, then it is feasible to detect which game objects are on your path and add them to navmesh as temp obstacles and recalc the path. if not then you are blocking more polys than needed and result wont be good in my opinion. I think atleast for big cities it is best to bake objects to navmesh itself.

find the stream gos.
    oiramario's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    36/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by InnerSilence View Post
    If u use navmesh that supports temp obstacles, then it is feasible to detect which game objects are on your path and add them to navmesh as temp obstacles and recalc the path. if not then you are blocking more polys than needed and result wont be good in my opinion. I think atleast for big cities it is best to bake objects to navmesh itself.
    I got stuck using dtTileCache. In "Sample_TempObstacles. cpp", "addTile" is required before "addObstacle", but "m_geom" is used in "rasterizeTileLayers". I haven't found a way to correctly construct a "m_gom" through navMesh.
    Could you plz give me some suggestions or code snippets for reference?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by oiramario; 03-06-2023 at 05:59 PM.

InnerSilence's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    13/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by oiramario View Post
    I got stuck using dtTileCache. In "Sample_TempObstacles. cpp", "addTile" is required before "addObstacle", but "m_geom" is used in "rasterizeTileLayers". I haven't found a way to correctly construct a "m_gom" through navMesh.
    Could you plz give me some suggestions or code snippets for reference?
    Thanks.
    I am not sure what exactly you want to achieve. This tool loads geom from obj file. After that you can build/test navmesh or even load navmesh you built before. I did not try to load geometry directly from the game files nor I build navmesh using this tool. Only using it for testing and debugging purposes. You can load the geometry built from other generators like trinity.

oiramario's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    36/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by InnerSilence View Post
    I am not sure what exactly you want to achieve. This tool loads geom from obj file. After that you can build/test navmesh or even load navmesh you built before. I did not try to load geometry directly from the game files nor I build navmesh using this tool. Only using it for testing and debugging purposes. You can load the geometry built from other generators like trinity.
    I use mmaps_generator to create mmaps, and pathfinding works normally. And trying to use TileCache to add obstacles on the generated mmaps.
    I found that the only way to generate tileCache is to modify "mmaps_generator". Data can be generated, but the it is not correct yet ......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12