Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[HELP] Reversing functions with IDA (unitReaction)

Hi,

I'm writing a wow radar that you can see on the screenshot there :
    [HELP] Reversing functions with IDA (unitReaction)-image2-jpg

I started this radar with C#, I know bases with ASM language, but I'm still a noob with IDA and others programs like that : I can find little things, but I don't know how to reverse a full function like unitReaction per exemple. I need this one to finalise my radar, and then, I'll be able to share it.

After long researches on internet, I still don't know how to do...
    Please, can someone give links for learning how to reverse functions, or explain me how to do ? I do not want you to give me code, I (and surely a lot of people) just want to learn.

I hope this message is understandable, I'm not very good in English language.

Thanks reading this post

[HELP] Reversing functions with IDA (unitReaction)
    DarkLinux's Avatar Former Staff
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    190/533
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you need unitReaction for? Just set a bp at the address and see what it does... look at the registers and stack... You could look over IDA but I like debugging

daCoder's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the screenshot, it looks cool Is this an overlay, or are you drawing them inside the wow process?

To your question:
    I don't see the point, why you need to reverse some functions for a radar application. All needed offsets are public available, even full source code for radar applications.
    My Youtube Vidoes: https://www.youtube.com/user/daCoderVids
    OpenHack: https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-bots-programs/384086-open-souce-project-wow-1-12-1-a.html

GrenadeFisher's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks DarkLinux and daCoder

I created a special form class with click through property, and "real" transparency per pixel (opacity 100% for the screenshot). I set the parent of this form as the wow window. In a loop, I check the location and the size of wow, and apply changes to the radar when wow is moved or resized. Then I draw the elements in a bitmap that I use for the backgroundImage of the form.

For the unit reaction function, I would like to learn how we can reverse it, and then include my own FactionCompare code in the radar (I can't progress with copying/pasting somebody else's function, but I agree, it's helpfull ). I want to draw ennemy, neutral, and friendly units with different colors because since I don't do that, all my units are black, this is not practical and.. it looks not very nice All the designs of the objects in the radars are not finished, but if I have time, I will do better, with mines, herbs, chests... for an easier view.
    Last edited by GrenadeFisher; 11-12-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Empted's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know what kind of help you need (just reverse functions like UnitReaction). The general scheme is to get info from DBC for both units and do the same math that the function does.
    You can find working code at the last post in the http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...-friendly.html thread. If you wonder how to work with DBCs then you should search this forum and see the snippet by the same person (tom_rus).
    Also it's probably possible to reverse function like CanAttack, but that's the bad way I guess.

P.S. if you need general introduction to reversing then go to the book thread, all of listed there are awesome and easy readable.
    Last edited by Empted; 11-12-2012 at 05:49 PM.

GrenadeFisher's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ! Sorry for the long time response...

Thanks a lot for the explainations. I think I was a little confused with the words I wrote, but now I see clearly In fact I didn't know anything about DBC...
    I have read lot of informations on this forum, and finally I understood where I was wrong. Reversing function is not what I really needed.

For the book thread section, I'm ashamed to tell that I never went there... until now ! What a nice section !!!

Thanks ! I must go now, I have some books to read !!!