0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.net bot (looking for group:)

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and have been looking around and thought I'd ask:

How many people on here are actively working towards a bot in .net I've seen tons of posts, but most people haven't got past the basics of ReadMemory(), things like knowing the object structure etc...Anyway, the question is..

is anyone interested in officially(well,unofficially) starting a bot project for .net in both vb and C#? (I know the example codes are 99% C# but vb is virtually the same and It'd be nice to support both) This forum works good for communicating, but I'm talking about chatting live via aim, msn, etc. I know that some of you have chunks of knowledge that I need and vice versa, so if anyone else is wanting to do this in .net and is looking for partners..reply.

Regards,
    Andrew

ps. MSN [email protected]

.net bot  (looking for group:)
    amadmonk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good idea, but here's been my experience with it in the past:

1) Public code means public signatures, means Warden can detect them. Staying private means it's exceedingly unlikely you'll ever get banned. Solution: never release a compiled bot. This will keep 90-95% of the public at bay.
    2) Most people are leechers, few can contribute. With a public bot, either someone has to play hardass and kick the noncontributing members out of the "group," or it will quickly grow unwieldy with lots of parasites screaming about needing offsets after each patch and only a few active "members." Solution: keep the group tiny -- 4 or 5 people max.
    3) Eventually someone gets the bright idea that they're going to sell the bot/code/whatever and everything all goes to hell once the profit motive enters the picture (plus commercial bots are WAY higher on Blizzard's sh*t-list, unless I'm mistaken). Solution: I don't think there is a solution to this one. I guess you could GPL everything, but that's only really effective if you're prepared to sue people who color outside of the lines. I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to hire legal representation just to hack around a little...

In principle, I like the idea, though, since sharing knowledge tends to go much faster than islands of expertise...
    Last edited by amadmonk; 06-09-2009 at 04:18 PM.
    Don't believe everything you think.

luciferc's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alreadf Several .net Bots See the Other ones there even open source...

Link To Bot

As Well as a simple look over of Bots And programs would give you several.

abuckau907's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips.

Ya, obviously if some super good bot comes out blizzard is gonna put resources into stopping it, so this bot would be 100% private use-->I'm not looking to make money, just to farm some gold so I can guy better items etc. About leechers, I guess I would be (somewhat) like that, because I understand a lot of the theory (Been programming casually for 5ish yrs) but I do have certain gaps like..once you find the first object, how to loop through them all etc --> which I've seen code for, but at the same time I want to know how they figured out that the next object's address is the next 4 bytes after the object's address (that didn't come out correctly..but you get the idea) And for example, why waste my time trying to go through old forums and write code just to find out it's updated..so I guess I should ask, are there any groups looking for help (but as you said, sharing code is risky, etc) so..that probably won't work out well eithor... any suggestions? I've seen ...knoyx? and cyper? making most of the 'educated' posts around here, everyone else is still stuck at 'how do I get past dma' and..I'm somewhere inbetween. This post is kind of long and rambly, but I guess that's part of my point...I'm here to learn but the tuts are so scattered and not many say if they're current. Lol, is there some inner circle here at mmowned where the good information is kept secret? I'm descent in .net, i know a little asm (like what registers are, some basic commands, etc) like enough to find the memory locations(like for health as example) set breakpoint, see what accesses, set more breakpoints and find in the wow.exe code where it's using the TLS to find the first object...but after that, you guys figured out, for example, that each object has a property that points to the next object --> I guess it's just following the asm enough..i guess it's just something I've never really learned before, how many ppl try to reverse enginner. Anyway, this is now really long so...any thoughts anybody? Thanks again.

ps. Some of that isn't exactly correct, like the whole 'the next objects address is 4 bytes into..' just an example, I haven't really looked at the wow_objects structs yet..I'm just at obtaining .tebBaseAddress (tls..whatever, plz don't flame over specifics yet) *I'm just talking, looking for <i>helpful</i> opinions, not for someone telling me how much I don't know (I know...I don't know :P)
    Last edited by abuckau907; 06-09-2009 at 04:46 PM.

dekz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahahha so you want a private bot but you don't want to learn, or put in the "hard" work? Wrong forum section buddy. You say the tuts are outdated? I say you lie. Read a book or maybe even some of the information on this forum then come back tbh.
    Last edited by dekz; 06-09-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody will help you create a .NET bot if you yourself don't understand the very basics.

I'm currently working on one privately (jjaa, kynox, and Nesox all have access to the source) and it's not exactly a trivial task.

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Destined for failure.

"HAI GUIZE! I wanna start a private bot group but I want other people to do all the work. Get started. KTHX."

tanis2000's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll jump in to toss my 2 cents. I am running project BabBot along with some other developers. It is in .NET, it is Open Source and as Apoc says, it's a long and time consuming process to get your own bot running with all the features you would like to see in a professional bot.

It requires experience with reverse engineering, analysis and coding and if you don't understand the basics and you're just looking for tutorials then I doubt you'll get that far.

You might be better off writing your own bot yourself so that you learn how wow works before trying to get other people to jump in your boat.

cheers!

undrgrnd59's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you really want to start a bot have something to show for it before you post. Right now you just look somebody trying to get someone to write a bot for you.
    U59

Maeco's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best advise I can give you: Start the project up yourself!

Just like Cypher said, teamprojects that are assembled in the manner "he guyz lets make a .NET bot together" are indeed destined to set sail for fail.

Before you start, consider starting off with planning stuff first. Provide the necessary documentation, so newcomers can join into your project, which you eventually upgrade to a team-project.

Build a roadmap of what your .NET Bot is going to feature in each different release.

The downside of doing it the way I suggested is that your project gains a possible high profile. If everyone has access to the project, so do people that responsible for the security of WoW (weither they do something with it is another topic ofc).

So if you want to do something like this, I suggest you start on your own and keep up a blog which you promote on one of these forums (Bots and Programs f. ex.).

Regards,

Maeco

dkilkhan's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took me about a month working more than a few hours a day to get a complete bot for farming and bg botting. That's without any extra features or support for classes I don't use (although writing new ones takes no time).

Farming mobs is simple, it's the bg part that took some effort... you really don't notice how stupid players act until you try to have a bot interact with them.

Like everyone else said, work on it yourself... odds are anyone with the skill to assist probably has their own projects.

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dkilkhan View Post

Farming mobs is simple, it's the bg part that took some effort... you really don't notice how stupid players act until you try to have a bot interact with them.
    True that, So many tiny things that require your attention such as thunderstorm/blastwave/typhoon/MC off lumbermill, nerds standing on stables/farm rooftops...

I find it very amusing and rewarding though, to see your bot actually grab some killingblows 1v1
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Robske View Post
    True that, So many tiny things that require your attention such as thunderstorm/blastwave/typhoon/MC off lumbermill, nerds standing on stables/farm rooftops...

I find it very amusing and rewarding though, to see your bot actually grab some killingblows 1v1
    *cough* rogue, diaf!

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SKU View Post
    *cough* rogue, diaf!
    Said the deathknight >.>

Go cleave stuff
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

abuckau907's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cypher..''destined..'' Lol, that's a little extreme, I mean..you've read about ..few hundred words of mine :P but..opinions are opinions :P we're all just wasting time reading this..haha, bye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast