Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, even if Cypher does forward his so found "loopholes" to Blizzard, I doubt they will take the time to look into something sent by a non-blizzard employee. I don't use WoWMimic, I couldn't care less what Cypher does.

WoWMimic Detection (Again)
    Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by =sinister= View Post
    Honestly, even if Cypher does forward his so found "loopholes" to Blizzard, I doubt they will take the time to look into something sent by a non-blizzard employee. I don't use WoWMimic, I couldn't care less what Cypher does.
    Thanks for sharing

Edit: lol @ beefies, think rep matters here?
    Last edited by Robske; 05-18-2009 at 02:31 AM.
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

dekz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Beefies View Post
    Nice to see that a leecher enjoys arguments, Shouldn't you be trying to earn rep as opposed to trying to start more fights...Just wait till I can -rep
    Just lol at you. Please leave this section

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do realize they have an email address specifically for reporting cheats etc and sending samples... right? If they didn't want to listen they wouldn't provide that service.

=sinister='s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    You do realize they have an email address specifically for reporting cheats etc and sending samples... right? If they didn't want to listen they wouldn't provide that service.
    Actually, I was not aware of this. If you really have a grudge against this "Brandon" guy, go for it, I say. He sounds like a fag anyways :P

dekz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I was not aware of this. If you really have a grudge against this "Brandon" guy, go for it, I say. He sounds like a fag anyways :P
    I just reported you for that reason too.

ramey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dekz View Post
    I just reported you for that reason too.
    LOL, what did you report him for? :| Because he called him a fag?

dekz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ramey View Post
    LOL, what did you report him for? :| Because he called him a fag?
    sharp tool in shed, not you

Tremos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Beefies View Post
    Nice to see that a leecher enjoys arguments, Shouldn't you be trying to earn rep as opposed to trying to start more fights...Just wait till I can -rep
    Little kid that thinks his rep is a representation of his status in life. Man, grow up rofl

Omaster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm unclear about is whats the point of this crusade when you, Cypher, know fully well that Mimic was made in china, by chinese devs.

Juju getting his source leaked on MMowned was "ok" because he was a douche. Brandon being a douche is something I dont contest, but what does that have to do with the entire Mimic clientele? You *know* he's just a reseller, and you *know* there are quite a few other resellers out there.

Going after Mimic (and thousands of its customers) just to get back at some a-hole that happens to resell them sounds... backwards and wrong.

Moji's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Omaster View Post
    What I'm unclear about is whats the point of this crusade when you, Cypher, know fully well that Mimic was made in china, by chinese devs.

Juju getting his source leaked on MMowned was "ok" because he was a douche. Brandon being a douche is something I dont contest, but what does that have to do with the entire Mimic clientele? You *know* he's just a reseller, and you *know* there are quite a few other resellers out there.

Going after Mimic (and thousands of its customers) just to get back at some a-hole that happens to resell them sounds... backwards and wrong.
    Technically Cypher can do as he pleases with the information he has. He has (probably) worked hard to be able to understand so much coding and have such a vast background full of experience. Who are we to tell him what is right and wrong? In Blizzards eyes, if he turned in the information he has, he would be doing the right thing here. However, the botting community that uses WoWMimic would be sorely disappointed in him. There are ALWAYS two sides to every story.

galpha's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cypher is helping them fix such obvious holes. He's probably saving thousand of bans that would be innevitable since the WowMimic coders are bad.

Omaster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Moji:
    I dont think anyone was doubting Cyphers skill. However, it *IS* wrong to screw over thousands of people by mailing blizzard instructions on how to get them all caught botting. How are there two sides to that coin?

Again: Hurting Brandon - OK. Hurting thousands of Mimic clients whos only wrongdoing was buying Mimic - Not OK.

@Galpha
    Cypher isnt helping them fix holes, he's mailing blizzard information on how to catch them. Furthermore, if he wanted to help, he'd not be posting these threads on public forums and his blog.

Hawker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Moji:
    I dont think anyone was doubting Cyphers skill. However, it *IS* wrong to screw over thousands of people by mailing blizzard instructions on how to get them all caught botting. How are there two sides to that coin?

Again: Hurting Brandon - OK. Hurting thousands of Mimic clients whos only wrongdoing was buying Mimic - Not OK.

@Galpha
    Cypher isnt helping them fix holes, he's mailing blizzard information on how to catch them. Furthermore, if he wanted to help, he'd not be posting these threads on public forums and his blog.
    Full disclosure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Full disclosure of the vulnerabilities will either make Mimic do better or make them stop selling. But, make no mistake, to hide the vulnerabilities from the public would not help the users at all.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The mimic devs can just stop lying about detection and former detections.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast