Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where should I start to understand all those things?

Hi guys,
    well I'm new to the memory reading of WoW, although I used Cheatengine already for a couple of other programs. But to make it clear I'm an absolute beginner. Or let's say I'm familiar with cheatengine and the different types of memory types but not more.

I don't want to ask stupid questions here in the forum and so I would like to ask you where I should start to learn? I already read the "White Paper : Memory reading" which was helpul. But unfortunately it doesn't help me to understand all the infos which were posted from cypher in "WoW v3.0.2 Information" or threads like "
    3.0.3 adresses " from RokFenris. I mean I don't want to ask you for x,y,z mem addresses or something like this. I just want to understand the material. So the only thing I would like to ask you is where I should start to read to improve my knowledge? I would like to contribute to the community in the future and some help for the start would be great.

Thx for your help
    Gordon

Where should I start to understand all those things?
    Cursed's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learn C++!
    Buy books about RE etc.
    Come back if you need more tips

Nesox's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also checkout evry thread in this section and here's some good resources:
    Shynd’s WoW Modification Journal - Good blog by shynd
    Tuts 4 You - Lots of reversing totorials
    Game Deception - Forums - Powered by vBulletin nice wow section
    Edge of Nowhere a little about wow but mainley d2

GordonGekko's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Nesox,
    thanks for the helpful links! I will do some reading.

The only target I currently have is to find a way to make my toon "autoface" my target. Which means it automatically tirns to the target before it starts figthing. First I have to find the right memory locations for that and afterwards and have to understand the math behind it. Well that's a long way to go

So thanks for helping me to start! Any further tips are very welcome...

Gordon

Shynd's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Familiarize yourself with looping through all game objects (there's examples for WoW 2.4.3 on that modification journal, but you can find updated addresses all over this forum). Once you understand what's going on and are able to dump all game objects to console or a text file or something like that, there's an entry in the modification journal on positioning, movement, and facing. You'll need to update the offsets again, but the basic information is still valid. Hope it helps.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Shynd, I will follow your suggestion and read through the whole blog first!

Big thx for your help!

Chees
    Gordon

PS: Any other help is also very welcome!

hypnodok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say Shynds blog is the most noob friendly resource about wow-memory-related things out there right now.

lanman92's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'd have to second that one. That's an amazing blog, Shynd. You deserve green txt just for that. Lol. Also your other posts on the generic speedhack dll... Google is amazing... Bla bla bla... Nice job. And as a plus, you don't flame quite as much as Cypher or Kynox. Even though I find it hilarious...

argh44z's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot in that memory reading faq is old/outdated information. Shynd's advice is the best re: looping through the object manager.

Xarg0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lanman92 View Post
    Yeah, I'd have to second that one. That's an amazing blog, Shynd. You deserve green txt just for that. Lol. Also your other posts on the generic speedhack dll... Google is amazing... Bla bla bla... Nice job. And as a plus, you don't flame quite as much as Cypher or Kynox. Even though I find it hilarious...
    I've got green text too, but I don't use it a lot :P
    I hacked 127.0.0.1

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers guys. First of all thanks for your helpful support! I went through Shynds blog which helped me alot. Now I try to start to work with the Thread Local Storage/Object Manager as a starting point. It's important to know that I just want to read memory but don't to inject anything into the dll. What I do is using a Macro bot to multibox 5 toons as a group. The bot is almost finished except an "auto facing" routine. Because of taht I have to make myself familiar with memory reading. In the future the bot will turn the toons by macro scripted key presses to turn the toons to the target automatically. So for that the "movement" blog was also quite helpful for me. So know I try to find the facing address for my 4 toons and the target which should be faced. If I combine that with the x,y,z coordinates I should be able to make a routine for auto turning. So far all of you helped me a alot!

Cheers
    Gordon

Nesox's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well another thing u can do is, make an acc on a private server that runs 2.4.3 use shynd's code for dumping objects when you understand evrything you can update it for wotlk it's not so hard to update when u figure how to do it
    edit: Xarg0 we got the same post count atm :twisted: it's a sign!

mordok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi....I followed shynds advice, and managed to dump objects and use the info of the dumps on this forum to obtain hp, mana, etc... values. My question is....HOW DO YOU FIND THOSE OFFSETS VALUES YOURSELF(instead of leeching dumps)???. Im currently trying CE, Olly and IDA, but i dont know how to find em. With IDA I found the structure names(player, UNIT_), and with CE I found how to get to value (eg hp) through static pointers(WOW.exe+pointer+offset but I want to use object manager method).
    Anyway my point is could someone exaplain how to obtain the offsets of objects (UNIT_HEALTH=0x17) in a semi-sort mechanical way?? In other words a Object Offset noob friendlly tutorial?

typedef's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, to tell you the truth Mordok, there is a tutorial although I understand its not in depth, try learning a Language like C++, or assembly I will be actually Making a class, to teach people C++ Hopefully we can Accomplish some stuff, check the bots a programs

lanman92's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cypher gets the offset from his dump app. All it does is scan the memory for "UNIT_FIELD_CHARM"...etc. The class/enum members go upward in IDA, just search for the name. The CreatedBy and SumonedBy, etc. are all 2, not one. That's how he gets the 17.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast