0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to prevent ban?

Hello I made my own fishing bot in Dragonfligt.
    I use arduino leonardo to send the keys I left it to the bot to be 24/7 with 4 characters to try it but it was banned after 1 week.
    how can I avoid this?

How to prevent ban?
    taisel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't get detected client side.

Your bot toons obtained a hidden achievement that Blizzard adds a new one of every patch or two.

They use the achievement system for marking bots. Namely ones that are online too much or doing too much of one thing. The reason people say to not bot 24/7 is because Blizzard will ban you over this and say you're botting, even if they did not detect the bot itself.*

*Blizzard gave up on their client side anti-cheat, they took the easy way out and just ban by automatically checking if you did too much of x within y period. If you are getting detected in the year 2023, it's because of achievement coding being co-opted for marking bots. It's the reason you can have an anti afk script keep your client alive every day for months with no ban, but if you use a near identical script to click an ah npc to open it on a timer, you get autobanned for botting.

A good fishing bot will thus:
    - Not be online 24/7
    - Occasionally "miss" fish
    - Have human-like input. This means randomness every key stroke, greater than 200ms input delays between visuals and clicking.
    - ChatGPT some chat channel, preferably its own bot self guild or proximity chat.
    - Be moved around by the operator every couple hours.
    - Not be in the same zone its entire existence.
    - Optimally be rotated with another form of botting.

Coincidentally, the hidden achievements being used for banning are also why there are false positives on people who extreme grind but don't have any scripting software installed. Someone ran Stratholme 80 times in a row and tripped a server side bot achievement that took a Reddit post to get a ban overturned with.

----

There is a new form of server side analysis I did forget to talk about.
    They automatically check if multiple toons have the exact same rotation/input commands. This is their form of detecting multibox broadcasting. Again, always insert some rng into the input pattern and timing for each individual toon.

----

Do not be fooled by redditors drinking copium saying GMs are going around checking logs. Their whole process is automated. They lie by omission by saying each ban is manual, when in reality the manual part is them speed-scrolling through an intranet portal clicking toons at the top that were automatically flagged by the server side metrics. Real GMs would be doing a much better job with same-day actioning, not once every patch when hidden achievements get updated for checking for bot-like stuff. Bobby unfortunately has customer server skeleton crewed to reduce overhead.

I've been running Auction House bots since WoD with no bans and sitting on multiple bnets with 50 toons each gold capped, simply because I've made sure to make it look as human as possible. People even try to DM it to start conversations, not to bot check it. I even stream with a bunch of followers and people are none the wiser.
    Last edited by taisel; 08-26-2023 at 04:19 PM.

numega00's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by taisel View Post

Your bot toons obtained a hidden achievement that Blizzard adds a new one of every patch or two.
    Thanks man, I'm doing it with 4 characters right now, I'm progressing in the form of 10 hours per character per day. I stop the farm for 15 minutes every hour and I use arduino, I farm in a different place every day, do you think it will be enough?

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by taisel View Post

They use the achievement system for marking bots. Namely ones that are online too much or doing too much of one thing. The reason people say to not bot 24/7 is because Blizzard will ban you over this and say you're botting, even if they did not detect the bot itself.*

*Blizzard gave up on their client side anti-cheat, they took the easy way out and just ban by automatically checking if you did too much of x within y period. If you are getting detected in the year 2023, it's because of achievement coding being co-opted for marking bots. It's the reason you can have an anti afk script keep your client alive every day for months with no ban, but if you use a near identical script to click an ah npc to open it on a timer, you get autobanned for botting.

A good fishing bot will thus:
    - Not be online 24/7
    - Occasionally "miss" fish
    - Have human-like input. This means randomness every key stroke, greater than 200ms input delays between visuals and clicking.
    - ChatGPT some chat channel, preferably its own bot self guild or proximity chat.
    - Be moved around by the operator every couple hours.
    - Not be in the same zone its entire existence.
    - Optimally be rotated with another form of botting.

Coincidentally, the hidden achievements being used for banning are also why there are false positives on people who extreme grind but don't have any scripting software installed. Someone ran Stratholme 80 times in a row and tripped a server side bot achievement that took a Reddit post to get a ban overturned with.

----

There is a new form of server side analysis I did forget to talk about.
    They automatically check if multiple toons have the exact same rotation/input commands. This is their form of detecting multibox broadcasting. Again, always insert some rng into the input pattern and timing for each individual toon.

----

Do not be fooled by redditors drinking copium saying GMs are going around checking logs. Their whole process is automated. They lie by omission by saying each ban is manual, when in reality the manual part is them speed-scrolling through an intranet portal clicking toons at the top that were automatically flagged by the server side metrics. Real GMs would be doing a much better job with same-day actioning, not once every patch when hidden achievements get updated for checking for bot-like stuff. Bobby unfortunately has customer server skeleton crewed to reduce overhead.

I've been running Auction House bots since WoD with no bans and sitting on multiple bnets with 50 toons each gold capped, simply because I've made sure to make it look as human as possible. People even try to DM it to start conversations, not to bot check it. I even stream with a bunch of followers and people are none the wiser.
    Out of curiosity, is this factual or speculative? Hidden "achievements" can be viewed by the client and are stored in the table; if the discussed achievement is server-side only then it's technically not an achievement but simply a flag, if it's in the table it should be viewable by the client, even if it's hidden. Blizzard definitely haven't given up on their client anticheat either, so I am genuinely curious as to where this information comes from.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

5. Thanks Herma123 (1 members gave Thanks to Hazzbazzy for this useful post)
    taisel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    Out of curiosity, is this factual or speculative? Hidden "achievements" can be viewed by the client and are stored in the table; if the discussed achievement is server-side only then it's technically not an achievement but simply a flag, if it's in the table it should be viewable by the client, even if it's hidden. Blizzard definitely haven't given up on their client anticheat either, so I am genuinely curious as to where this information comes from.
    Thanks for pointing out the wording. The implication about it being a hidden achievement was to provide scope. Simple server side checks that use similar code-paths and once you get flagged it stays with your account. There is no reason to expose this to the client.

Additionally, I've worked with others who used to KVM switch box and they'd all get hit even without botting, just input duplication by hardware. Some of them switched to scripting a bot and they stopped getting hit only when they stopped doing one-to-many and started using a separate bot on each that rng'd their inputs slightly.

As far as I'm concerned, Blizzard gave up, when they decided they needed to keep their client side anti-cheat reined in to not false positive shoddily built 3rd party fancy mouse and keyboard remapping apps that users are unaware could easily be flagged due to injected input usage by them. As well as the lackof kernel anti-cheat to maintain integrity (for blocking interceptor drivers) for the event structs containing bitflags like LLMHF_INJECTED. Even Microsoft's official RDP was whitelisted due to too many false positives from people gaming on corporate / enterprise machines where an IT department would remote in during a play session. IIRC RDP used to be a hard detect, but blizzard backed down from banning it outright. I got a laugh out of a metric shit ton of fishing bots using this method.
    Last edited by taisel; 08-30-2023 at 01:54 AM.