0/0
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need some virtual pc software

Hi, i am looking for some software, where I can launch WoW... for boting..
    I tried Virtual Box - but i cant launch it because some 3d accelerations...

I need it in work ... i am working on computer and i need mouse so can you help me? some virtual software of second desktop.. ? or how to make it thx..

I am using lazybot

I need some virtual pc software
    Smoogels's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try VMWare. I have personally never used it myself but I heard from somewhere that it supports 3D acceleration. Its simular to virtual box but I wouldent know much about it since I havent tried it.

Wetop's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    15/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vmware will work.

Well, nvm, Smoogel was ahead by 1.32 seconds

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VMWare works great, I recommend you install windows xp on it, as the graphics drivers are better with it. Make sure to install vmware tools to have all your drivers, if you need any help you can send me a PM. I'm currently running swtor on my vwmare box.

Thiler's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok ok i will try it today morning when i woke up...
    Confucius ok thanks if i need help i will pm

I am downloading VMware Workstation it is right?
    Last edited by Thiler; 04-07-2012 at 05:49 PM.

arley's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have tried a few software but so far the best is to run vmware workstation 8.0 ( get the latest ) install vmware tools after that and it would work great.

as for running virtual desktops i have tried with a few hickups here and there

1. hydravision ( ATI only ) - works ok but i noticed a very high ram usage if u run 2 sessions of wow + honorbuddy
    2. Actual Windows Manager 7 - works great too, noticed some memory leak after awhile u have to restart your wow to get it back to normal
    3. ultramon - horrible ugly
    4. HP RGS their website - Remote Graphics Software | Share HP Workstation Graphics Remotely if u have a hp workstation the software is free else its payware. never really found a working "ahem" of this software i would really give this software a go. ITS and alternative for those running native hypervisors - XenServer or even ESXi and not want to mess around with the vm to assign virtual GPU, that said virtualbox as well.

On your problem with virtualbox not being able to load the 3d graphics accelerator; u have to install the graphics accelerator in save mode first then boot it again to normal mode. Then only you would be able to use the accelerated 3d. Mind you the performance is far less desirable compared with the VMware workstation version. IMO go vmware workstation for a painless botting experience.

bopoiu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi there
    could anyone tell me what are the advantages of using a vm ?

do you combine it with a vpn?

apreciate that

Xelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say the main reason to use a VM is to use a VPN, especially with multiple accounts using multiple VPNs. It is usually mostly unplayable manually besides basic things... but it works great for bots.

If you want to use your PC on your own internet connection while still routing WoW traffic elsewhere, without worrying about configuring an annoyingly complex tunnel elsewhere just for WoW, you can use a VPN on a virtual machine running locally.

I have a beastly ESX server with 32GB RAM and 2 processors (4 cores each) running 4 virtual machines that are dedicated to WoW (1 VM = 1 account). I setup everything on my local PC, copy my WTF folder, bot configs, etc remotely then start it up. I have it configured to connect to a VPN automatically. I have my router configured (thank you DD-WRT)to block non-VPN internet access to those machines otherwise so they don't start trying to bot using my home internet connection and give away my IP. I have them playing about 40 hours a week each and haven't been caught even once in a year.

It is all about keeping distance between your main account and all accounts you might use. Even if Blizzard did catch one account, it is only one account lost and I can have a replacement going within a week. They can't tie any of the bot accounts to each other.
    Last edited by Xelper; 06-28-2012 at 11:48 AM.

DarkLinux's Avatar Former Staff
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    188/531
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can change your mac address... um your ip... but if they want they can tell that your in a virtual environment.

bopoiu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xelper View Post
    I would say the main reason to use a VM is to use a VPN, especially with multiple accounts using multiple VPNs. It is usually mostly unplayable manually besides basic things... but it works great for bots.

If you want to use your PC on your own internet connection while still routing WoW traffic elsewhere, without worrying about configuring an annoyingly complex tunnel elsewhere just for WoW, you can use a VPN on a virtual machine running locally.

I have a beastly ESX server with 32GB RAM and 2 processors (4 cores each) running 4 virtual machines that are dedicated to WoW (1 VM = 1 account). I setup everything on my local PC, copy my WTF folder, bot configs, etc remotely then start it up. I have it configured to connect to a VPN automatically. I have my router configured (thank you DD-WRT)to block non-VPN internet access to those machines otherwise so they don't start trying to bot using my home internet connection and give away my IP. I have them playing about 40 hours a week each and haven't been caught even once in a year.

It is all about keeping distance between your main account and all accounts you might use. Even if Blizzard did catch one account, it is only one account lost and I can have a replacement going within a week. They can't die any of the bot accounts to each other.
    I guess you use different vpn provider for each? could you suggest me some not over used by botters? I use nvpn

and ho I was about to forget, what mede you switch to a server? is it a real or virtual server? what are the advantages?
    apreciate
    Last edited by bopoiu; 06-23-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Xelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use VPNReactor... they provide multiple servers you can connect to in different states.