Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this profile support Sacrificial Pact at all? I have been reading that it is a preferred talent for certain fights in ToT raids.

Another question:

If i change the mouseover button to button "2", right mouse button, will me right clicking on my screen to move around cause any trouble with the rotation?

Mavmins' Destruction Warlock
    LazyRaider's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe that is why I was having problems with the profile.

My focus was sometimes the same as my target, maybe that would cause the problem and freezing with the shadowburn logic? or the logic in general?

I really don't want to have another key bound to clear my focus, I already have bind a key to focus to a certain key because PQR doesn't allow you to override the profile with a pressed key... >< pisses me off that you have to use a mouse click override because its so hard o reach while moving your char with your mouse

billybuffalo's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by LazyRaider View Post
    Maybe that is why I was having problems with the profile.

My focus was sometimes the same as my target, maybe that would cause the problem and freezing with the shadowburn logic? or the logic in general?

I really don't want to have another key bound to clear my focus, I already have bind a key to focus to a certain key because PQR doesn't allow you to override the profile with a pressed key... >< pisses me off that you have to use a mouse click override because its so hard o reach while moving your char with your mouse
    This I would have to agree with. Most other profiles I use, have a "Left Shift" to pause rotation. That would be ideal. I would rather remove the Left shift to cast rain of Fire, and replace it with a pause rotation. Then just use the right alt to turn on/off rof as needed. Like i said earlier, i use the auto rof, so this strat would work for me.

I am actually thinking of modifying the profile to do just this....hmm ideas, ideas....

Mavmins's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having the same 'focus' and 'target' shouldn't break it and I've seen it cast havoc when I've been in that situation.

Can you provide me some logic for sacrificial pact ?

I can look at implementing it, but only after I know the version I've pushed out doesn't hang any more, so i'll be testing tonight and need some feedback from you guys.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be testing the new version when I get home then.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm logic for Sac pac would be difficult i think. Since it is a preventing future damage. Here is a link for the spell.

Sacrificial Pact - Spell - World of Warcraft

Now that I really think about it, i think they only way to put it into the profile would be as a hot key to cast it...so maybe not a good idea...anyone else have thoughts on this?

After searching through some of the code from other profiles I have that use the "Pause Rotation" hotkey are also using PQI, so I do not know how to transfer that code to this one. A pause rotation solves a cpl problems for me. I can pause to pop sacpac or shadowfury, or whatever else I need to that is not part of a "normal" rotation.

I also just ran duromu lfr and noticed when I targeted the adds uncovered by the colored fog, the rotation stopped. No focus target, and was using auto rof.

Edit:

To add something else, I have noticed that i have some profiles that even when they are running, i am able to just push the # key of the actionbar button i want to "inject" into the rotation. With this profile, I have to turn it off, then cast what I want, and then turn it back on. The mouseover button function is not fast enough to cast in time.
    Last edited by billybuffalo; 04-08-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats probbaly a rain of fire problem, try disabling it for duromu and see if it contines

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill mess with it later.

Question for ya Mav. If I mouseover left control a NON-target and that target is under 20% health will the profile havoc/shadowburn, or will it chaos bolt?

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure i understand, if you left ctrl it will havoc that target, the spell it casts is dependant on your TARGET not focus. So if you mouse havoc any mob to focus havoc it, then your main target will still dictate the spell, so ChaosBolt over 20% and ShadowBurn under it

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mavmins View Post
    not sure i understand, if you left ctrl it will havoc that target, the spell it casts is dependant on your TARGET not focus. So if you mouse havoc any mob to focus havoc it, then your main target will still dictate the spell, so ChaosBolt over 20% and ShadowBurn under it
    You answered my question... i wasn't sure of the spell it self. If havoc would project a shadowburn on a "Havoc Target" that is itself NOT under 20% health..

got it thanks Mav!

So how hard would it be to incorporate the "Pause Rotation" function into your profile? It really is a very handy feature.

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no idea but ill look at it once ive got this issue sorted out, ive run 4 bosses in TOT and not had it hang once so far though

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had it hang on Horridin a couple times in a couple fights. Once it was even sitting on two stacks of conflag.

After manually casting a spell it seems to kick itself back into gear though, don't know if it was due to a lag, fps, or what

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mavmins View Post
    no idea but ill look at it once ive got this issue sorted out, ive run 4 bosses in TOT and not had it hang once so far though
    Something that I noticed on a simple training dummy just now is, if you try to hold left control over another target and havoc is rdy to go but you do not have any embers built up, it will stop the profile.

I had it happened once and did not try it again. I just noted it, and stopped doing that without the embers for CB's.

Hope that helps.

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it should still cast incinerate, conflag and immolate
    it wont cast mouseover havoc with no embers

i had 1 or 2 hangs temporarily tonight, ill look to fix them tomorrow maybe
    Last edited by Mavmins; 04-08-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suffered through 10 wipes on horridon tonight. Profile stopped working a couple times early on. I changed a few talents and that seemed to fix the problem. (Went from grmSup to GrmSac, and from manaroths to KJ Cunning.)

Something i noticed on my logs was that my shadowburn dps is way low compared to some other logs i have seen. Most locks have shadowburn as there #1 or 2 dps ability. Mine is usually 2nd to last. Not really sure whats up with that.

I was not keeping horridon which was prolly the cause i guess. I was trying to use it on the adds to help burn them down quicker.
    Last edited by billybuffalo; 04-09-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast