0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Few Tips For Glider Beginners

(First off apologies if something like this has already been posted or this is the wrong forum etc..)

This is a general guide for people who are new to Glider, and want to know how to choose the right profile, as well as a few pointers on how to avoid the banstick.

Tip 1: Take time to look for a new profile, and weigh up pros and cons - if the profile is used in tonnes of other glider packs, then chances are you will find other botters there. Leapfrogging kills will cut out a hefty chunk of your EXP per hour and is hardly worth it. Typcially i check out about 5 different Glider Spots before actually settling down and using one. Try to find say 3 profiles in 3 different Zones during the later levels to give you some choice and increase your chances of finding a profile that isnt already flooded with other botters - the highest EXP/hr profiles are normally flooded with botters, don't be afraid to sacrifice 1 or 2k EXP/hr to have a glide spot all to yourself.

Tip 2: When you get a new profile, DO NOT AFK GLIDE - i cannot stress this enough, when you move onto a new profile, do not go afk for at least 3 hours, that way you are able to properly gauge the amount of player traffic, deaths that will occur, if it overlaps a quest for the opposite faction and actual Xp/hr. After 3 hours, if your satisfied that you wont be bothered, then AFK gliding is fine (though you always run a higher risk of being banned while afk).

Tip 3: Many profiles involve Naga (e.g Isle of Dread, Azshara Beach) after maybe an hour in these areas, your bags will be filled with Clams, make sure you set a proper loot filter or set glider to continue even when bags are full (though i reccomend doing the former as 90% of clams are worthless). If you are planning on looting, always check what trash drops, and loot filter it so that you can maximize your income.

Tip 4: Whisper Blockers are Great Addons to use with Glider, When gliding up a tanking or healing class, you will be spammed left right and centre with offers for dungeons. Without a whisper blocker message coming back to them some players choose to spam you for the next half hour (especially if you are in a well known botting area such as Azshara) Sometime they may report you for potentially being a bot, which obviously we don't want to happen, I have genuinely heard of people being reported and consequently banned due to this.
    Bottom Line: Whisper Blockers = good.

Tip 5: Don't leave glider on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - you WILL get banned, this seems fairly obvious but i still see botters doing it on my servers. Sure you level a bit faster, but I have honestly not seen a single botter make it to even level 60 while permanantly online. Personally i reccomend having glider turned off for at least 5 hours a day, to give your accounts playtime something vaguely beleivable.

Also, logging out ever few hours can also be helpful, as obviously that resets the time of your online session, and is generally enough to prevent suspicions by Blizzard, only a relog is required here, and combined with at least 5 hours a day offline, it starts to actually look like a player could be playing.

Tip 6: Make Your Own Profiles, if you find a good gliding area, and can't find a profile for it, then don't be afraid to make your own. It takes some time but if you havent found a profile for it, then chances are it is still relatively unknown to most botters, giving you free reign over the area. Many of the best profiles have been made by explorers, since they remain obscure.

Tip 7: Update your gear every 10 levels or so. I update my gear every 5-10 levels (during this time I also buy the skills for my character). You want to avoid spending too much time wandering about cities and checking the AH. You can make a tonne of gold gliding on some profiles which will more than cover the cost of your gear updates.

Tip 8: Bring Food/Water. Bring about 200 food and water each time you go back to a city, this will prevent you having to go back every hour to refill. I've found that 200 generally will last until 30% durability, which then makes a good point to return to a town, sell, repair and restock. - Try to get 16 slot bags as early as possible so that you can actually spend a decent amount of time out gliding.

A Few Questions answered:
    Q. Is it safe to stay in the same glide spot for a long amount of time?
    A. Personally i say yes, as long as it is a low traffic area, if there are more than 5 players going past your character every hour, then chances are the same player will go past you at least once, and recognise bot like behaviour. Its safe to use the same profile, but just be careful which one (some profiles have taken me from 51-60 and have had no problems).

Q. Is it worth gliding in Azshara?
    A. Azshara went through a stage of being watched very closely by Blizzard, though from what i've seen this has died down somewhat, as with the increased level cap there are better places for high levels to farm gold. I've glided characters from around 48 up to level 60 there with no ban, so i'd say its safe, and while theres other areas which are potentially safer to glide in, Azshara has some of the best glider profiles available with very low players traffic and high EXP/hr.

Q. Are any others Zones slightly dodgey to grind in?
    A. I've started to hate Felwood personally, the only two characters i have had banned were banned on a Felwood profile. The Player traffic there has increased dramatically recently and there are very few obscure areas left to glide in, i've also noticed a tonne of botters there on my servers recently.

Anyways, I hope this helps a few people glide more successfully. Happy Botting All.

A Few Tips For Glider Beginners
    beastybeast's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave +rep , great guide!

Chenquie's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing, before you start AFK Gliding and you've gliding some hours before while you are at your computer. Restart the Bot before you go AFK. If yyoudont he will probably have some of these things left:

Ress, he maybe ressed 5 times and your max is 10. Then it will only ress 5 times more.
    Bad tags, if the bot do a couple of bad tags he will log out, same as ress

nfskid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey nice guide will be useful since im getting a new computer on Xmas and can play wow again.

ndoak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thanks for this dude. I have wanted to know. Youtube videos help too but this is right to the point. ty +rep my friend.

peepin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks that helped.

BlodyWarior's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    str8 forward nice tips

thnx alot

Bogy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I friend of mine glided in Tanaris and said that its a good place to grind for XP.