Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Mac]Bypass firewalls to play WoW or anything else free and legally :)

This is for Mac only. The PC version of this article is here.

So I was searching for a one stop solution to use whatever application I wanted at work. My company has a packet sniffing firewall that limits my net usage. Like most places I've worked at, the IT department has no clue about Macs and left me with full admin powers. If you don't have such an advantage, you can still get around a corporate/school firewall, but it'll cost you $20 or a little extra time every two weeks O.o. As I go, I will denote special thing you would have to do to get around not having admin powers.

The applications are:
    World of Warcraft (noobsauce :P)
    Your Freedom
    Tunnel Blick or WoW2Go (continue for info)

First I needed a copy of WoW, this was tough because I couldn’t just download WoW using the approved downloader. I needed a mirror. I used one of the rapidshare accounts provided by our friends at MMOwned and downloaded it from here: World of Warcraft - Mirrors, Patches, Files cool! I installed WoW to an ever so discreet path such as /Users/MyName/Documents/LegalPhotos/Etc/. You should not need any admin privileges to do this if you install it outside the applications directory.*

Once you have that, sign up and download Your Freedom and use the default installation settings, the only thing you have to change is to make sure you enable OpenVPN in the Ports options menu. Again you should not need any admin privileges to do this if you install it outside the applications directory. *

Now comes a breaking point, if you do not have admin you will needs to download WoW2Go and keep requesting “Trial Keys”. You can install a trial key by double clicking the .wow2go file they email you after you’ve run WoW2Go at least once. WoW2Go comes in a regular zip file with no installer, so as you know... (Asterisk)

If you do have admin powers, you are in luck! Download and install Tunnel Blick with the default options. You can close the config text file that pops up, you wont need it.

*If you do not have admin powers here and fail, you *may* need to install the application to a Mac you have admin on. Once you have installed it, copy the complete directory to a DVD and bring it to work/school with you and simply copy the installed files to your computer.

Now that you have done all this, do the following.
    1. Run Your Freedom and connect to the server.
    2a. If you don’t have admin, run WoW2Go and cross your fingers and hit start
    2b.If you DO have admin powers run Tunnel Blick, and in the top right click on the icon and set it as so:

3. Run WoW. If all went well, you will soon be connected and free to waste time for the rest of your life.

Now you should be able to play WoW, bypass website restrictions, chat on IM, IRC, etc without issue. Huzzah!

Good luck and I hope this quick tutorial helps you have some fun at work and school

P.S. Free and Legally refers to the fact that this takes no pirated softwarez, it's not my fault of your breaking your TOS or whatever garbage you might have set up heh
    Last edited by lag; 12-12-2007 at 03:02 PM.

Marlo was here || idusy was here cause he feels left out || Im in ur sig , shardin ur letters - Flying Piggy || Errage was here- Wait, what? || ''Edge was here'' imo =P || Dragonshadow's name makes this too long |2d is hot|

[Mac]Bypass firewalls to play WoW or anything else free and legally :)
    Quafe's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tsk, tsk... 120 views, 2 hours and no replys? shame on you all! everything that has a [Mac] Tag deserves a sticky! +rep for making the world and even easier place for all mac users

steeve5's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep

Mac ftw

tree44's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude i love it its awsome

TehCore's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice man +rep because its mac.

Democides's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep cuz campus just changed everything to mac, including our school networked laptops

lag's Avatar The ERP Chicken
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Keytachi View Post
    tsk, tsk... 120 views, 2 hours and no replys?
    No one <3's a Mac

Except the one, the only, the epic... Flying Piggy....

oh and that useless lazy leecher lag.... what a bum.

Marlo was here || idusy was here cause he feels left out || Im in ur sig , shardin ur letters - Flying Piggy || Errage was here- Wait, what? || ''Edge was here'' imo =P || Dragonshadow's name makes this too long |2d is hot|

heyitsmeadam's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id +rep that, its good stuff

shadowbladex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R