2/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Valmount View Post
    Just got both my main and the bot account banned. Took the botted goods that had accumulated over the past week and transferred them to my main via a guild. Put em up for sale and ~2 hours later both my accounts were simultaneously banned for extreme exploitation. Appealed, but to be honest, I'm not very hopeful of the situation.
    From your post I can get that you were playing both accounts at the same time. IMO this factor dramatically increases the chance of getting banned on your main.
    The bot just bought like 5 stacks of brilliant primordial diamond. For 50g each wic is a overprice. How do i change that?
    Just add this gem to the blacklist.

[PQR profile] Neutral AH Sniper
    incesthenke's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okej it buys every singel gem for 50 gold and that is like 100 different gems, does someone have a complete blacklist of this?

Thomja's Avatar Almost Legendary User
    Thanks G/R
    14/38
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got both my main and the bot account banned. Took the botted goods that had accumulated over the past week and transferred them to my main via a guild. Put em up for sale and ~2 hours later both my accounts were simultaneously banned for extreme exploitation. Appealed, but to be honest, I'm not very hopeful of the situation.
    How many people did you have in your guild?
    I really don't have anything interesting to put here anymore.

RedRussian's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guilds I use to store epics and gold are typical botting-baking guilds but I was never banned. Another measure of protection is that guildmaster of my guild is already permabanned and I have no intention to dethrone him.
    My point is that the main reason for the ban was the simultaneous play on both accounts.

Valmount's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I now got an answer from Blizzard and found out something that I did not know before : Blizzard can track any and every third party program running in the background of your computer. Botting is what I got banned for.

To answer Red, yes I logged in from my main acc simultaneously sometimes, to repost auctions etc. I realise though, that considering they know what programs are running in the background, it really doesn't matter how long I logged in.

I strongly urge everybody using this tactic to do everything possible to not give them any reason to make the connection between your bots and main account and keep in mind - they monitor all third party programs running on your computer, thus changing the name of your bot's process might be a good idea. Tbh I'm not sure if this kind of monitoring of my programs and activities is legal. I'm going to check with a lawyer and in case it really isn't legal, I will turn to the French organisation that deals with consumer protection and see what comes out of it.

Here is the complete answer that I got:

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Customer Support.

Your account was permanently suspended due to use of third party programs, which is against the Terms of Use:
    Blizzard Entertainment: World of Warcraft Terms of Use

When running, the World of Warcraft client may monitor your computer's random access memory (ram) and/or cpu processes for unauthorized third party programs running concurrently with World of Warcraft. An unauthorized third party program as used herein shall be defined as any third party software, including without limitation any addon or mod, that in Blizzard Entertainment's sole determination:

I. enables or facilitates cheating of any type;

II. allows users to modify or hack the World of Warcraft interface, environment, and/or experience in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard Entertainment; or

III. intercepts, mines, or otherwise collects information from or through World of Warcraft. In the event that World of Warcraft detects an unauthorized third party program, Blizzard may

a) communicate information back to blizzard entertainment, including without limitation your account name, details about the unauthorized third party program detected, and the time and date the unauthorized third party program was detected; and/or

b) exercise any or all of its rights under section 6 of this agreement, with or without prior notice to the user.

The use of such programs or files is clearly unfair to the World of Warcraft community playing regularly and is not tolerated on our servers.

Following a review of your case, we can confirm that such programs have been used on several occasions by your account in order to exploit the game, and that the subsequent action taken is appropriate. We would not look to enter into any further communications on this issue as the matter is now considered closed.

Please be advised that sanctions in relation to this matter will not be taken against any new accounts you may wish to create, but the characters from your cancelled account will remain irretrievable. If you should wish to create a new account, you will need to obtain a new and unused CD key with a retail copy of the game.

If you wish to review our current Rules and Policies, they can be found at:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/100644

Originally Posted by RedRussian View Post
    The guilds I use to store epics and gold are typical botting-baking guilds but I was never banned. Another measure of protection is that guildmaster of my guild is already permabanned and I have no intention to dethrone him.
    My point is that the main reason for the ban was the simultaneous play on both accounts.

So you do not transfer these goods to your main account at all?
    Last edited by Valmount; 01-12-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Aes's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    60 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I now got an answer from Blizzard and found out something that I did not know before : Blizzard can track any and every third party program running in the background of your computer. Botting is what I got banned for.

To answer Red, yes I logged in from my main acc simultaneously sometimes, to repost auctions etc. I realise though, that considering they know what programs are running in the background, it really doesn't matter how long I logged in.

I strongly urge everybody using this tactic to do everything possible to not give them any reason to make the connection between your bots and main account and keep in mind - they monitor all third party programs running on your computer, thus changing the name of your bot's process might be a good idea. Tbh I'm not sure if this kind of monitoring of my programs and activities is legal. I'm going to check with a lawyer and in case it really isn't legal, I will turn to the French organisation that deals with consumer protection and see what comes out of it.

Here is the complete answer that I got:

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Customer Support.

Your account was permanently suspended due to use of third party programs, which is against the Terms of Use:

When running, the World of Warcraft client may monitor your computer's random access memory (ram) and/or cpu processes for unauthorized third party programs running concurrently with World of Warcraft. An unauthorized third party program as used herein shall be defined as any third party software, including without limitation any addon or mod, that in Blizzard Entertainment's sole determination:

I. enables or facilitates cheating of any type;

II. allows users to modify or hack the World of Warcraft interface, environment, and/or experience in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard Entertainment; or

III. intercepts, mines, or otherwise collects information from or through World of Warcraft. In the event that World of Warcraft detects an unauthorized third party program, Blizzard may

a) communicate information back to blizzard entertainment, including without limitation your account name, details about the unauthorized third party program detected, and the time and date the unauthorized third party program was detected; and/or

b) exercise any or all of its rights under section 6 of this agreement, with or without prior notice to the user.

The use of such programs or files is clearly unfair to the World of Warcraft community playing regularly and is not tolerated on our servers.

Following a review of your case, we can confirm that such programs have been used on several occasions by your account in order to exploit the game, and that the subsequent action taken is appropriate. We would not look to enter into any further communications on this issue as the matter is now considered closed.

Please be advised that sanctions in relation to this matter will not be taken against any new accounts you may wish to create, but the characters from your cancelled account will remain irretrievable. If you should wish to create a new account, you will need to obtain a new and unused CD key with a retail copy of the game.

If you wish to review our current Rules and Policies, they can be found at:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/100644

So you do not transfer these goods to your main account at all?
    Just because they say they can do it doesnt mean they can. Changing the process name would do nothing if they DID scan your computer anyway, which they dont. You got banned for logging in on both accounts at the same time and moving to much stock at once.
    Last edited by Aes; 01-12-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because they say they can do it doesnt mean they can. Changing the process name would do nothing if they DID scan your computer anyway, which they dont. You got banned for logging in on both accounts at the same time and moving to much stock at once.
    This was my point. As far as I know Blizzard cannot monitor your launched processes due to some legal restrictions.

Thomja's Avatar Almost Legendary User
    Thanks G/R
    14/38
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they are well aware if that they are not allowed to scan outside of WoW. Legal actions has been taken against them for doing this. I think what Aestysu meant was just because they can doesn't mean they are allowed to.
    I really don't have anything interesting to put here anymore.

Valmount's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone perhaps refer to a law or any other legal document that prohibits scanning activity outside the developer's processes? I could perhaps even succesfully use this information for my appeal.

Aes's Avatar Former Staff CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/8
    Trade Feedback
    60 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone perhaps refer to a law or any other legal document that prohibits scanning activity outside the developer's processes? I could perhaps even succesfully use this information for my appeal.
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...-governor.html (Warden and 'The Governor')

I personally wouldnt tell them about anything like that. If you use addons like tsm or auctioneer just tell them in a ticket you use those addons to constantly scan the auction house to find the cheap items on the neutral AH, then ask them why it is a crime to buy out cheap auctions from an auction house.

If you dont use those addons then im not sure what you can tell them. Id ask someone that runs a unban business.

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WARNING !!!
    Blizzard has initiated a PQR Banwave!
    Last edited by RedRussian; 01-22-2014 at 02:38 PM.

benzeneza's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by RedRussian View Post
    WARNING !!!
    Blizzard has initiated a PQR Banwave!
    yes i got banned 72 hours

i m not sure because of PQR rotation or AH sniper. ha ha

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a suspicion that these bans might be triggered by PQI addon, not by PQR itself. My friends, who were not banned, blatantly used PQR but they never had this addon installed.

Lazslo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone find something else to use besides PQR to make this work again?

manylol's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should works with offet updated i guess

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 192021222324 LastLast