3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arena helper

Ive just made this program, that takes a character name + a characters server, and when u press submit / enter, the program downloads their armory page; and scans it for data such as:

*their health
    *their talent specc
    *their resillience
    *their rated BG rating
    *all arena bracket current ratings.

Might come in handy if you are 3 stealthers, and want to know which target to kill off first, because of potential lack of resilience/skill. For instance, if you are playing 2k rated in 3vs3, and their healer suddenly appears to have 400 rating in all brackets, he might be a easy target.

both programs can be found at these links:
    http://bzl.no/mmowned/PvPtoolUS_v3.0.zip
    http://bzl.no/mmowned/PvPtoolEU_v3.0.zip

update: Updated versions uploaded, with virustotal that can be seen below. (sorted minor bug)

update: virus scan provided on both files:
    EU version
    Originally Posted by virus scan on 1.0 file
    Originally Posted by virus scan on 2.0 file
    Originally Posted by virus scan on 3.0 file
    US version
    Originally Posted by virus scan on 1.0 file
    Originally Posted by virus scan on 2.0 file
    Originally Posted by virus scan on 3.0 file
    Last edited by bluesius; 04-09-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: updated program with updated scans

Arena helper
    Sensisativa's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would take 2 minutes to go to VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner and add a scan to your post, it will encourage more people to use it, and is required for posting programs I do believe.
    "A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better"

ev1's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't seem to work for me

Says bnet is down, everytime.

Code:
    Player : It’s a busy day for Battle.net!
    Resilience: 0
    BG rating: 0
    2vs2 rating: 0, 2vs2 personal: 0
    3vs3 rating: 0, 3vs3 personal: 0
    5vs5 rating: 0, 5vs5 personal: 0

bluesius's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do believe that battle.net is undergoing maitenance atm, a requirement for this to work is that the battle.net "armory" page of a said character is working. This is not the case when entire battle.net is buggy, as it is right now.

ev1's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bluesius View Post
    I do believe that battle.net is undergoing maitenance atm, a requirement for this to work is that the battle.net "armory" page of a said character is working. This is not the case when entire battle.net is buggy, as it is right now.
    I'll make sure to continue to play around with this - it's a nifty tool while hanging out in durotar, and not being caught lurking on people's specs and such

Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by evohans View Post
    I'll make sure to continue to play around with this - it's a nifty tool while hanging out in durotar, and not being caught lurking on people's specs and such
    Thank you! Send me a PM or so if you can think of any other features you might want added. I was onto the idea of grabbing "record" 2s, 3s and 5s rating from their statistics --> Highest XonX rating acieved, but decided against it. Would this be something you would want?

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really pro idea, maybe combind the power of that 1 addon to see what there arena team is before gates go up to feed the info to the program insted of typen there name+realm but ether way its a killer program ;p
    Last edited by sed-; 03-29-2011 at 03:38 AM.

Virox's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't the resilience-data be easy to be mis-interpreted? I know a lot of people that raid at night, logout in pve-gear, do pvp in early evening and raid again afterwards. Armory would display their pve-gear. I also have sets for different specs myself. 1 has over 4k resilience while the other is around 3k. If i would logout in my offspec-gear and you'd use the tool on me you would get totally wrong information.

Vivvixian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now question that may seem very obviouse to some....how does blizzard feel about this type of program? is it a bannable offence?

jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vivvixian, 80% of the stuff posted in the exploits and bot/program section will get you banned... dunno about this one

Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vivvixian View Post
    Now question that may seem very obviouse to some....how does blizzard feel about this type of program? is it a bannable offence?
    This does not interact with the wow.exe at all. The only thing this program does is download a given persons armory page, and then it analyzes it, and prints out their resilience and ratings. I guess theres a chance that this might be against some sort of rules, but in reality, you cant be banned for it because because of how it works. IF you could, they would have to start banning people who use the wow armory while beeing in bgs and such aswell.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Virox View Post
    Wouldn't the resilience-data be easy to be mis-interpreted? I know a lot of people that raid at night, logout in pve-gear, do pvp in early evening and raid again afterwards. Armory would display their pve-gear. I also have sets for different specs myself. 1 has over 4k resilience while the other is around 3k. If i would logout in my offspec-gear and you'd use the tool on me you would get totally wrong information.
    Ive done a few field tests, and I have found armory to update within 30 min in 3 different cases. I might have been lucky, but well, thats all i know thus far. Based on this I think you can make fairly accurate decisions. If the program prints out they have 50 resi, but when u target them they appear to have 140k health as a priest, something is obviously wrong, but this is something I guess you will realize.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Originally Posted by sed- View Post
    really pro idea, maybe combind the power of that 1 addon to see what there arena team is before gates go up to feed the info to the program insted of typen there name+realm but ether way its a killer program ;p
    If i find a addon that writes name into a text file or such, i can easily work with that. please do tell if you find such an addon, the codes are easily modified for me as of right now.

ev1's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put this to some live testing in rated bg's. A few things i've felt i would like to see are possibly what achievements do they have in rated bg's, like if there's 3 warriors and a dk, i could punch in all their names and see which one has more achieves that have to do with flag carrying? or possibly their specs and amount of health, not a major make or break situation but it does help to try and slow him down at the beginning

Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there are literally hundreds of achievements that relate to the 7-8 battlegrounds you can end up in, so for some of the things you mentioned above to be possible you would either be flooded with information, or you could possibly check a box for certain battlegrounds I guess.

IL have a new version out with primary talent and secondary talentspecc, + total amount of HK's, around tomorrow, these are also numbers I guess you can use in evaluating a persons ability to play hes class.

Also: Thanks for trying it out, hope it can be helpful in some ways to you guys

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a very good program for my feral+rogue 2's but i was thinking with something like ArenaSpy - Addons - Curse you could dump the results into a .txt or how ever you fell is better for you and turn it into an even crazyer program ;p. ^.^ keep up the good work cant wait to watch this grow!

WiePasta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna test this today can help alot with preparing before the battle begins.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast