4/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bot project (linux users)

[I want to apologize in advance if any of my facts are off, this is a idea based off of my understanding of botting, wow/warden, and linux. Any insite will be helpfull. you can aim me at gammer55.]

Im sure that people are going to say that this wont work. But i figure that anyone who is botting wow or hacking wow, has plenty of free time on there hands, And any one who uses linux has the same problem I do, (As far as i know there are no bots for wow on linux.)

Just to clarify YES YOU CAN PLAY WOW ON LINUX!
    and here is the link for a how to just in case people want it.
    Running World of Warcraft on Ubuntu

So here is my idea
    Because you have to use a emulator to run wow on linux, and linux doesnt a process llist like windows even if warden could run it could not detect a bot or hack running.
    Now the in game factor is that a repeated process of moves will trigger a monitor on your toon.

Now you you cant just use the emulator on glider or any other botting program that i know of because well the same reason warden cant scan for bots, there is a process issue.

Now im looking for a group of people to help develop a method or develop a program for linux botters. In a way if you could create a bot on linux it would kinda be the ultimate bot. Not only that it might push blizzard to creat a linux version of wow to somehow impliment a anti botting software.

Ty
    x30n

A bot project (linux users)
    Morphih's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well actually warden can detect bots if it works within wine, and then if you create a bot running in wine, it just runs like a windows process for warden (if it works with wine) and so the bot won't differ from a normal windows bot. And it won't get Blizzard to make a linux version of wow, if something radical like that would happen cause of a linux bot, it would be that all wine users will be banned again or unable to login

Marlo's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you could run WoW one wine and then the bot on linux. (which im sure is what the OP was saying) that way Warden would have no idea.

Good idea imo.

Morphih's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
    well you could run WoW one wine and then the bot on linux. (which im sure is what the OP was saying) that way Warden would have no idea.

Good idea imo.
    And then how do you want to edit wow? Linux != Windows, you can't use the regular memory editting from windows. Detours and such, all windows stuff which you can of course not use in linux than. It's sure possible to, but not very well documentated cause

1 - There aren't much games in linux
    2 - The most things on linux are open-source! =D

=( the idea is well, but hard to realise

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is cool i guess.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

gammer55's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well last time i checked wine only created fake process and fake registry entry's that can be manually edited. So assuming that warden could run in wine (Highly unlikely) You could mask any bot program to look like it was warden or even create a false registry for warden.

Another thing to think about (assuming I could find someone who has built there own version of Linux you could build a entire operating system around botting or hacking.

And one other thing for the moment
    When i use to play wow a wile ago I was playing it through wine and I switched model file during the middle of a game and wow didnt crash, wine temp froze the game and when the game unfroze some of the new models where implemented. All though im not sure if it was a fluke or Wow crashed and then reloaded I would love to have somone look into it with me.

x30n

gammer55's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Morphih View Post
    And then how do you want to edit wow? Linux != Windows, you can't use the regular memory editting from windows. Detours and such, all windows stuff which you can of course not use in linux than. It's sure possible to, but not very well documentated cause

1 - There aren't much games in linux
    2 - The most things on linux are open-source! =D

=( the idea is well, but hard to realise
    This is exactly why i want to do this because there arent alot of guides, and it would be cool to be the first to do it.

spreech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little clarification:

1. Innerspace runs in WINE
    2. Wine Is Not an Emulator (WINE)
    3. Warden does "run" in WINE, May 20th I got an account banned, and I only use Linux (Gentoo).

I would suggest that someone shouldnt do it. Only because blizzard can very easily detect if WoW is running in WINE and could just block linux if there was no way that they could detect the bot. imho live with using Innerspace through WINE, it works perfectly.
    Last edited by spreech; 07-16-2008 at 09:33 AM.

Phygar's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Thanks G/R
    7/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could get a pixel bot that ran as a standard Linux program, and WoW in WINE, it would be undetectable.

10. Thanks Razzue (1 members gave Thanks to Phygar for this useful post)
    petter7252's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should go underground("I myselfe dont want it underground ")(or very secretly until release) so blizzard doesn't make it detectable. Maybe they are watching us? :-O

PS: I'm not good with linux so i don't really know what i am talking about.

spreech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.... this might actually be doable, If i remember right I had a patch for Vent that mapped the global hotkey within ventrillo (inside of WINE) to hotkeys for the actual linux distro.

Ill have a chat with a few people and get some whitepaper testing on the go

and no there is no way that anyone should actually make a bot

gammer55's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im liking the Idea of a pixel bot., It could possibly work. Even if Warden does run in WINE it cant run perfectly the system resources just aren't there, the best idea would be to run WOW in its own virtual desktop, and have the bot be running in a different virtual desktop.

Im glad this is going somewhere .

fragileandys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so can warden detect a bot when using bgbot through innerspace running in linux? i was under the assumption this was not the case, but i also know where assumption leads people....

gammer55's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in my opinion we just need to see how well warden works inside wine, also I was reading something last night that you can set up a linux script to kill any process in wine the min it starts so i was thinking that you could somehow create a auto terminate on warden.

RoKFenris's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bot running under Linux is indeed possible:
    - It is possible to scan and modify memory of a program running under Wine. Using the ScanMem cheat engine I was able to find the address of the login and password fields. I didn't try this inside the actual game because during the scan ScanMem stops the program it is scanning, and I don't know how Warden would react to large pauses, but scanmem's sourcecode can at least be used as a starting point.
    - It should be possible to hook functions from a process under wine, either by direct hooking or by creating a custom debugger, but I believe it's going to be quite hard to find information on how to do this - most developpers should never need to do this, even on the wine dev maillist it's rare to find something similar (although such cases do exist, for example using wine to run valgrind on windows programs).
    - Wine is set to ignore the fact that keypresses and mouse movements are fake. Anything you send to WoW will seem like it's comming from the actual hardware, which would make bots that don't modify memory much harder to detect.
    - Since everything is open you can hide the bot inside Wine itself, although this does have the inconvenient of being theoretically easier for Blizzard to detect - as soon as they have it's signature they would just have to scan the memory used by the loaded libraries to find your bot. You could even make the main bot engine into a kernel module, which although much more difficult would give it full access to WoW while being absolutely undetectable.
    - Of course, simply running your bot as root would already make it absolutely off limits to any kind of memory scan from Warden - in Linux, barring some security flaw, it's impossible to scan processes from other users unless you have root privileges.