Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(GLIDER) Team OMW Advance Profile Writing Guide

Hey Guys this is omws so he made this guide and all so credits to him /clap

Here it is for people using shared glider keys

-=Tips For Patching A Bad Glide=-
    Editing Tips For Patching Waypoints In The Middle Of The List

How To Patch/Edit
    Load your profile and Use Glider’s ‘Edit profile’ button to view total normal waypoints and make note of it. Lets say you have a 100 point glide and want to patch a section because of a bad pull. Switch Glider to waypoint mode, find last good point, say it's # 50 and the next good one is # 55. Take visual note of your target areas. Then record a new path from #50 to #55 and save profile. These new points are now stacked at end of your waypoint list. If you recorded 11 new points they would be at 101 – 111.

Open the <profile name>.xml file with your xml editor of choice, mine is notepad. Copy and paste from notepad into a word processor. Then create a numbered list for normal waypoints section only. First cut 101 - 111 off the end, then delete 50-55 and paste clipboard in its place. Change list back to unnumbered, copy and paste it back into profile (notepad). Save ... now your new 106 point glide is patched.

Complex Edits
    When doing multiple edits to a profile, always work from the end back to the beginning or stack numbers will change. If edits overlap, I use “xxx” as a place holder to keep stack numbers true until finished. Then use ‘find & replace’ (ctrl H in MS Word) command and choose ‘replace all’ to erase all place holders at once.

-=Tips For Writing Profiles - Instances, Caves, Cities, Buildings =-
    LOS at bend/corner/doorway
    You often need to write the path along the opposite wall as the next pull to get good LOS. If next mob is on right around a bend/corner/doorway, you need to take the left hand wall and have a really short pull range to target him properly. Often a good pull range will equal width of passageway or less. Team OMW Girl adds, "You need lots of extra waypoints to stay track and don't use skip waypoints".

Setting Pull Range
    Very short pull ranges can be 5 yards or less. For melee I have even run profiles at 3 yards or less and I pull their aggro before they pull mine but it works, it doesn't create LOS or path tracking issues.

-=Tips For Writing Tight Party Profiles =-
    Whether it is tracking through ruins out doors or you are in an instance, cave, city or building, followers present a new requirements for path writing. You have to account for their LOS and not tear them off on corners, doors and objects.

Party at bend/corner/doorway/object
    To stop followers tagging behind from getting snagged or standing out of LOS, you need to write your path a few steps past the potential obstacle and then back. This allows followers to catch up and often they are standing right in the opening and follow you straight through. For example, lets take narrow doorways because they are the toughest. For a right hand turn through a door, as mentioned above, you should be on the left wall, take 2 or 3 steps past the doorway, take 2 or 3 steps back to the doorway and then go through. Since they follow a few yards behind, this will bunch the party together at the doorway because you went past it. Now they wait there as you return and be able to pass through w/o a snag.

Party Leader Pull Range
    In Scarlet Monastery we had a warrior running pulls & tanking the party glides we wrote there. Pull at 10-15 yards was often too long. He would round a corner, aggro and target a mob then entire party was left behind with LOS messages. We had to set him with insane short pull as party leader but targeting worked better for party that way and no LOS problems. Every location is different and you just have to sort how short a pull is needed to make it work.

-=Ghost Waypoint Basics=-

Ghost waypoints are used like a Goto path. They are only meant to take you on a one-way trip from the graveyard to the normal waypoint patrol route. Once your ghost reaches the ‘nearest normal waypoint’ it switches modes and traces the normal waypoints in search of your body.

When it finds your body it performs several checks, including time of last death to prevent PvP corpse camping, checks nearest mob locations and determines whether to rez or wait. (maybe if Mercury trips over this thread, he will post a quick list of what it does because manual doesn’t cover those details)

Writing Tip
    When I scout an area I want to write a glide in, I will run to graveyard, switch Glider to waypoint mode, select 'ghost waypoints' and 'auto-add'. Then I write the ghostwalk to my glide area, switch back to normal waypoints and write my patrol. That way the ghost path leads right to waypoint #1 and I can write it while alive.

The waypoint mode also shows you the direction and location of nearest normal waypoint, so adding ghostwalk path to a glide can be done at anytime while you are alive.

(GLIDER) Team OMW Advance Profile Writing Guide
    Wazabara's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isn't that a c&p from two years ago??

Slikker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Yeh but it is still a very good guide

Slikker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BumpityBumpBump!

Saint-Pasdoy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Holybobz View Post
    BumpityBumpBump!

Man you know this isnt Markee here. No bump plz

leetnesspur's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    omg ... (fill)

Heggan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicenice, although I already knew 90% of that stuff.

Would have rep'd if I wouldnt have seen it on gliderforums :P.