0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help With New PC Build

I'm looking for help in putting together a new cheap PC. I'm told over and over again it's cheaper and in the long run better to self build them so this will be my first attempt at a complete self build.

Essentially I've set aside roughly 500$ give or take a bit for this project and am looking for some help and guidance on the matter considering I've never actually self built a pc before. My goals are to be able to play games, specifically Skyrim, Diablo III, Starcraft II, The Old Republic, and most importantly World of Warcraft.

I'm posting here for help because I care most about this PC running WoW with the greatest stability and most performance possible and I know WoW can be finicky about set up with both graphics and other pc hardware so I'm obviously looking for some experience to avoid those issues.

I already have a Razor gaming mouse and Steel Series gaming keyboard and a display and speakers so those things I'm not worried about. I don't need or want for it to be wireless internet capable (I'm not against it I'd just never use it. I don't have any issue using Ethernet.)

So by my assumption I'm looking on recommendations for boards, cases, cards, PS's, Drives and any cabling I'd need.

Like I said I'd appreciate any suggestions or help or anyone willing to help walk me through a new build aimed at running WoW and other games with stability and speed. I don't plan on over-clocking anything either as I have no experience with that, and terrible luck when it comes to playing around with that kind of thing.

List of things I don't need/already have
    Display
    Speakers
    Mouse
    Keyboard
    Operating System

Someone recomended something to me using pcpartpicker.com but the prices kind of shot up over the last 3 weeks before I could purchase anything so I'm looking for something in the $400-$600 USD range.

Thanks in advance for any help

Help With New PC Build
    Bon's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/57
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    System Build - PCPartPicker

Total: $591.99

Why this build?

CPU - WoW in particular isn't great with multi core and benefits more from speed.. This CPU has a higher core clock than most in its price range so should run wow nicely.
    Motherboard - Made by asus, one of the best and most quality manufacturers out there. this is a proven motherboard so should give you a solid base should you want to upgrade in the future.
    RAM - Ram speed isn't important in a build like this, you will gain more from the extra ram.
    Hard drive - A decent drive with decent speed and capacity.
    Gfx card - About as good as you can get for the price.
    PSU - More powerful than you need, but gives room for upgrades / extra things in the future.
    DVD rewriter - cheap and cheerful
    Case - Cheap and cheerful so you could get better components above

Smoogels's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bon's build looks pretty nice however, I would get a AMD CPU for low budjet gaming builds. 'Bang for buck'. Many may disagree but its my opinion really.

The new AMD Llano APUs seem pretty nice. They can run games like Dirt 2, Starcraft 2 etc without the need of a graphics card. I would recommend getting them and knocking some money off a graphics card. I use one of these in one of my budjet computers and really its so great for its low price. You can find a example of one here: AMD Llano A6 A3500 2.1GHz Socket FM1 3MB L2 Cache.. | Ebuyer.com (I know its from a UK site..). If you can I would recommend getting one with a faster clock speed. It will need a FM1 socket motherboard though, but they are about the same price as AM3+.

Of course, if you where to play more games and/or upgrade it as you go you would be better off getting a graphics card. It may be able to run Skyrim, but I'm not 100% sure about that. But it would run WoW on high. It's most certainly worth considering.
    Last edited by Smoogels; 04-14-2012 at 06:17 AM.