0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat Logic/Advanced Macros

Okay, so my brother lost his right arm a few years ago during a mountain climbing accident. He was really into WoW, but without his right arm he couldn't play many games. He eventually learned to use his left hand to control the mouse, and with some help from some of my guild-mates we made some macros that helped him quite a bit. With just a four button mouse he was able to do really well in both PVE and PVP situations as an MS warrior. Then came the patch which completely nerfed macros.

We've tried a number of different controller mechanisms for amputees who want to play games including foot pedals and palm controllers. Unfortunately they aren't exactly intuitive and, while they work alright for some games, for a game like WoW it's nearly impossible to play with any of these solutions.

A couple years back I went on these forums and some others to try to figure out how to get macros working again, and found a lua enabler which allowed you to use more of the lua api in macros. But then his account got banned for using it, and explaining our situation to Blizzard didn't help.

It's really upsetting because I know he wants to be independent, and he loves World of Warcraft. He has a new account now and currently I am helping him play when I can (I control the keyboard while he controls the mouse or vice-versa) , but I have a job and family.

I am not a computer geek nor a programmer, and I admit it takes me a while to wrap my head around all the concepts that you guys may consider trivial. I've been trying my hardest to learn what I can about C++ and reverse engineering, but it seems pretty hopeless.

So my request to you is a simple combat bot, something that allows me to program lua scripts similar to the vanilla WoW scripts that you used to be able to program. If this could also simulate keyboard input instead of injection I think it would be safer. Also it would be great if there was some check to see if a text box was active so that commands weren't sent into the text box when you were trying to type.

Example:
    Code:
    function onMouse4Click() //actually not sure what the event handlers for the mouse are in lua
      if (!chatOpen)
        if target.health < 20% then keyPress('Q'); //assume Q is Execute
        else keypress('E'); //assume E is Mortal Strike
        end
      end
    end
    Something like that... I guess I should brush up on my lua.

I think this could all be done without injecting and instead just reading memory, but I could be wrong about that. I know the new patch has just come out and you guys probably need to find all the new offsets.

If any of you would be willing to help us out it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by nilum; 10-26-2010 at 02:42 AM.

Combat Logic/Advanced Macros
    Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I wish I could help. I hope you find someone.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Evieh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want macros similar to which were used with Lua protection removal hacks (LuaNinja etc) all you have to do is inject a dll and call the lua stuff through DoString (FrameScript__Execute) and you won't have to worry about any textboxes you could also remove the lua protection and use the macros normally in WoW, though Warden watches the lua protect offset (whatever you wanna call it), my current bot is doing its combat routine through lua so it's easily possible.

nilum's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to avoid injection because I figured it would be easily detected, though I believe most bots do use injection. I assume this is an overall easier method..?

I downloaded EasyHook (I assume that's what I need), and you said that DoString() is the function I need to call? What should be passed to FrameScript__Execute? I assume I pass it a lua script, but not sure how I would format it. I am also not entirely sure how to structure the dll... u_u

Also, once I inject my dll do I automatically have access to all the WoW lua structures? Is it a way for me to pass information between external program to WoW.exe?

I would like to avoid tripping warden, so I don't think disabling the protection is a good idea.

Yes... I am as stupid as I sound. ^_^;;

Evieh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nilum View Post
    I just wanted to avoid injection because I figured it would be easily detected, though I believe most bots do use injection. I assume this is an overall easier method..?

Injection is safe as long as you don't do anything stupid like write to read only memory (mountain climb offset etc) as long as your bot stays private it shouldn't get detected unless they updated warden with some new detection mechanisms AFAIK, I'm not an expert on Warden but you can find most of this info by searching the memory editing section. And yes dll injection is the best convenient way if private.

I downloaded EasyHook (I assume that's what I need), and you said that DoString() is the function I need to call? What should be passed to FrameScript__Execute? I assume I pass it a lua script, but not sure how I would format it. I am also not entirely sure how to structure the dll... u_u

You need to inject the dll so any unit which has code to do that will do.
    FrameScript__Execute is DoString, you can find out how to call it by searching the memory editing section, you pass lua strings
    "if GetSpellCooldown("Hammer of Justice") == 0 then CastSpellByName("Hammer of Justice"); end;" but I think there's a function for lua scripts. You need to call DoString from the main thread so you should hook endscene for that, find out how by searching memory editing section.

Also, once I inject my dll do I automatically have access to all the WoW lua structures? Is it a way for me to pass information between external program to WoW.exe?

You can directly access any information you need when injected, you can probably pass information to the dll through pipes (?) I'm not sure I never needed to do this.

I would like to avoid tripping warden, so I don't think disabling the protection is a good idea.

What I would do is create a dll and hardcode the macros but that's because I'm lazy and I probably never do the most optimized/efficient thing when coding. There should be many ways you can disable the lua protection without tripping warden but since I never looked how it works I don't know.

Yes... I am as stupid as I sound. ^_^;;
    Answers in quote in bold.

TwistedFerret's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy a fancy wow keyboard that has macro capabilities, theres a new one coming out that half of it rises up. or maybe even a wow mouse, they have tons of buttons and are for wow so that isnt bannable.